Saturday, 18 July 2015

FISH FINGERS



Coming back after a long break is pleasureful. It had being a joyful experience to compile recipes ever since I started authoring this food blog. Cooking has always being fun and stress relieving for me. I find myself at an absolute comfort zone in the kitchen, perhaps because I have confidence in that arena. I have always believed we should enjoy what we are doing otherwise we cannot do it the best way.
Taking leave from blogging does not necessarily mean I stopped cooking, I went on with it full fledged, just that there were other priorities in life to be taken care of. I was quite enjoying cooking the simplest everyday meal and was at cloud nine when someone very dear lovingly said when did my little daughter learn so much of cooking? He forgot his little daughter is a middle aged woman now.
Today I thought of posting a very simple recipe which yet is a tasty savoury appetiser. We need very few ingredients to prepare this and can be done in a jiffy if there are sudden guests at home. You can actually engage them with a plateful of these FISH FINGERS with their choice of wine and plan for a quick dinner meanwhile.

INGREDIENTS :
Fish Fillet : 300gm
Lemon Juice : 4tbsp
Ginger Juice : 3tsp
Garlic Juice : 2tbsp
Salt : As required
Egg : 1
Bread Crumb : 1small cup
Oil : 1small cup[to deep fry]

METHOD :
Wash and cut the fillets into finger size and shape.

Marinate with the lemon juice, ginger juice, garlic juice and salt.

Keep aside for 1hr.

Beat the egg and keep the bread crumb in a bowl.

Dip each fish piece in the beaten egg and then coat with bread crumb. Repeat.

Heat oil in a wok.

Deep fry the fish fingers in batches till golden brown.

Put them on tissue papers to get rid of the excess oil and then transfer into serving plates.

Serve hot with your choice of sauces.... mint/coriander/tamarind or tomato.



5 comments :

  1. Yummy yummy! I add pinch of black pepper and chilli powder..yours looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Anitha for the appreciations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish fingers looks delicious, Soma !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the crisp textured fish fingers.. looking yummy

    ReplyDelete