Thursday 2 July 2015

FISH KOFTA CURRY



Blogging took a back seat for quite sometime for various reasons. It is not that today is the right moment to resume back but somehow I forced myself because food and cooking; or anything related to it relieves my stress. In my blogging history I have only highlighted the culinary expertise of the ladies in my house who kindled in me the love for cooking. We really forget to write about the people who are the silent supporters at home, for whom we are able to engage ourselves freely in the kitchen, they are our inspirations, for them we cook. Today's post is dedicated to such a person... My father. He never peeped into the kitchen, never showed interest how a kitchen is run..... end of the day he is happy with whatever is served before him.

The typical East Bengal; now Bangladesh born father of me, my brother is a mango and fish lover. He specially loves various kinds of kofta. Whenever I prepare them, I miss him.... I parcel a bowlful of it for him.... virtually. Though that does not lessen the pain of staying far from them...... specially at this stage of life. Coming back to the recipe, this is Fish Kofta Curry made with homemade spices. Let us do it together.



INGREDIENTS :

Fish Fillet : 300gm
Minced Ginger : 1/2tsp
Minced Garlic : 1tsp
Chopped Green Chilli : 1tsp
Chopped Onion : 2 tbsp
Ginger Paste : 1tsp
Garlic Paste : 1/2tsp
Onion Paste : 1tbsp
Tomato Paste : 1/2 small tea cup
Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder : 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder : 1tsp
Salt : As required
Turmeric Powder : 1tsp
Cumin Seed : 1/4tsp
Bay leaf : 1
Plain Yogurt : 2tbsp
Sugar : 1/2 tsp[optional]
Oil : 5tbsp
Gram flour : 1tsp


METHOD :

Peel, wash and cut the onion into small cubes.

Wash and cut the fish fillets into medium pieces. Boil them with a pinch of salt. Drain the water once soft.

Heat oil in a wok. Temper with 2 pinches of cumin seeds.

Add the chopped onion. As they turn golden brown, add the minced ginger and garlic.

As they give aroma, add the boiled fish, break with your ladle. Add some salt, 1/2 tsp cumin +1/2 tsp coriander +1 tsp dry mango +1/2 tsp turmeric powders and chopped green chillies. Stir cook well.

Add the gram flour and mix well. Switch off the gas burner.

As the mixture cools, shape into small round balls.

Heat the same oil and fry the fish balls in batches carefully or cook them in the oven; as I do!

Temper the oil with cumin seeds and bay leaves. Add the onion paste and fry till golden brown.

Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes.

Add the rest of the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and beaten yogurt. Fry till the oil separates from the spices.

Pour one small cup of water. Let boil.

Arrange the fried fish koftas in a serving bowl. Pour the gravy over it whenever you are ready to eat it.

Serve with steamed white rice.







1 comment :

  1. Hey dear... Finally I can find You here.
    Dont know why I cldnt find Your post in G+.
    Wanted to show You if I already following Your Kulfii Malay recipe...
    Thanks for Your share resipes dear..

    ReplyDelete