Friday 20 March 2015

BADAM MURG / CHICKEN IN ROASTED PEANUT SAUCE





Eversince I prepared mirch ka salan with peanut paste, I am thinking of incorporating more of it in other recipes. I liked how the peanut paste thickens and adds a nutty flavour and texture to the curry. Use of it is not so common in Bengali Cuisine, but we can always do some addition and subtraction to give a new twist to an old recipe.

With chicken so regular at home, at times I really get bored cooking it. Not always do we like to even search the net for recipes. Each one of us at some point wish to enjoy the freedom of creating or doing it in our own way, however good or bad it is. If bad we will not do it again, if good then definitely many more times and share the recipe with others. Perhaps, this way a recipe is created and spread.

Honestly, I did not follow any particular recipe while planning this recipe of BADAM MURG, just thought of following my mind and be absolutely relaxed while doing it. There might have been some  Badam Murg recipe somewhere  in the net but this time I thought of doing it my own way. Its a very easy recipe with no use of garlic and ginger. I was so engrossed listening to a favourite Bollywood number, thank God it did not burn. It was done while I was almost lost with Shahrukh Khan in the song, somewhere there. After watching Veer Zaara few years back, I had been in search of a Veer, who spent his life in a jail for his girl; they say its only in stories, now the hopelessly romantic fool believes the world is not  devoid of Veer; though may be few in number. Then, I do not take time to come back to my kitchen; who will prepare the roti? My men get more hungry when its meat and chapati at home. Lets explore through the recipe and know how easy it is.




INGREDIENTS :

Chicken : 500 gm
Tomato : 2 medium
Onion : 2 big
Roasted Peanut Paste : 50 gm
Lemon Juice : 4 tbsp
Salt : As required
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Melon Seed  Paste: 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick : One I inch
Green Cardamom : 2
Clove : 2
Bayleaf : 1
Butter : 1 tsp
Oil : 3 tbsp



METHOD :

Wash, cut the chicken pieces into medium sizes. I get it cut from the vendor, skinless.

Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Keep aside for at least 2 hours.

Wash, cut and deseed the tomato pieces. Peel, wash and slice the onions. Get the pastes ready.

Heat oil in a wok. Temper with bayleaf, cinnamon, green cardamon and cloves.

Add the onions, fry till golden brown. Add the tomato pieces and sauce till they melt.

Add the peanut paste, melon paste. Fry at low heat till the spices separate from the oil.

Add the red chilli powder. Add the chicken along with the marinade. Stir and cover.

Uncover every ten minutes and stir. Add salt if required.You need not add water.

When the chicken is soft and the sauce thickens, add the butter. Mix well.

Its done. Serve with any kind of breads!!





No comments :

Post a Comment