Monday 30 March 2015

MANGO MANIA





Healthy....Wealthy....Tasty....Fruit Smoothies are meant for...health n taste.... ultimately helps one to be wealthy....hahaha...that was on a lighter note...yet there is a lot of truth in it.... I hope most of you will agree with me on the fact that mangoes should be eaten in two ways.... either it has to be too ripe and sweet or raw made into sour/sweet chutneys or otherwise. There is no halfway in eating mangoes. During mango season, there is a lot of mango eating at our home. This tropical island do provide us mangoes of different variety throughout the year. The miser me prefers to buy them during the season when we get them at a reasonable price. I do miss home during mango season, my parental  home has its own mango tree. I have grown up at my maternal grandfather's home up to a certain age where mango hardly needed to be bought unless you are looking for a particular variety.

I prepared this Yogurt-Mango Smoothie for my family. In fact, I have planned a row of chilled health drinks for this summer to keep hydrated. . I used Thai Honey mangoes which are light yellow in colour, so I added a pinch of yellow food colour. To prepare this smoothie you need very few ingredients and it is done in few minutes.

INGREDIENTS :
Ripe Mango : 3
Plain Yogurt : 1 coffee mug
Milk Powder : 2 tbsp
Honey : 1/2 small cup
Chat Masala : Sprinkle 2 pinches in each glass[optional]
Garnish if you wish with dry fruits or fresh ones.

METHOD :
Wash and soak the mangoes in clean water for half an hour.

Peel and take out the pulp. Discard the seeds.

Pour the pulps in a blender.

Add the yogurt, milk powder and honey.

Blend at high speed for 2 minutes with intervals.

Pour in glasses and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Garnish as you wish, sprinkle chat masala and serve chilled.

 If you don't want it too thick, add half cup water.






No comments :

Post a Comment