Friday 1 May 2015

STIR FRIED PINEAPPLE CHICKEN



I was exploring through some quick fix recipes that can really be handy on a week day. I really do not like spending much time in the kitchen in the evenings. I have other attractions in life, my evening walks/runs and hunting from this store to that store in the local mall. Another favourite activity of mine is to explore through various sauces and condiments or spices in the super market. Its such a pleasure for me. Coming back home around 9 pm, how much time is left for an elaborate cooking? Is this a lazy girl speaking? Never mind, as long as my family is happily eating it, everything else falls in place. With a chicken phobic at home you have to explore through various meat recipes.

Midweek I had very few things left in my pantry. A small broccoli, a red bell pepper and some boneless chicken was what I had. Suddenly I saw a whole pineapple peeping through the refrigerator, of which I entirely forgot, neither did my help remind me of it. Well, you cannot expect more from an Uncle Podger's daughter. Last weekend saw the tag Sweet Sixteen Pineapple on it and this sixteen at heart bought it at once. Now the family refuses to eat pineapple in the mango season. After having 1/4th of it, I thought how can it be used in cooking. Googled and settled on Pineapple fried rice and Stir Fried Pineapple Chicken.

It required very less time to cook it with very less ingredients, if off course one excludes the marination time. You can always add more veggies into it. I did with what I had. You can also use pineapple chunks to it, in addition to the sauce made with pineapple juice. I skipped.

INGREDIENTS :[main]
Boneless Chicken : 500 gm
Vinegar : 4 tbsp
Salt : As required
Onion : I big
Red Bell Pepper : 1 medium
Broccoli : 1 small
Black Pepper : 1/2 tsp[coarsely ground]
Minced Garlic : 1 tsp
Cornflour : 2 tbsp
Oil : 3 tbsp

INGREDIENTS : [for the sauce]
Pineapple Juice : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 2 tbsp
Soya Sauce[light] : 1/4 cup
Cornflour : 1/2 tsp

METHOD :
Cut the chicken into cubes and wash thoroughly. Add vinegar and salt, mix well. Cover and marinate for 3-4 hours.

Cut the broccoli into medium florets and the onion n red bell pepper into cubes. Wash thoroughly and apply salt. Mince the garlic.

Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce and stir till the sugar dissolve.

Heat oil in a wok. Discard the marinade of the chicken. Add the cornflour to the chicken, coat well.

Fry the chicken pieces at medium heat till golden brown. Keep aside.

Add the minced garlic to the oil. As it gives a nice aroma, add the onions and fry till translucent.

Add the broccoli and red bell pepper and keep stirring at high heat for 1-2 minutes. Pour the sauce, stir well. Add the chicken, add the black pepper and salt if required. Sir fry for 2 minutes and its done.

Serve immediately with piping hot rice!!



No comments :

Post a Comment