Monday 11 May 2015

STIR FRY PANEER



Some days I am literally left with very few vegetables in my pantry, specially on fridays. I purposefully let it be this way. Idea is to use up everything by Friday night and cook fresh on Saturday morning. I strongly believe nothing should go waste in the kitchen unless it is rotten. I have learnt to prepare something with minimal ingredients whenever situation demands. I am a minimalist, except for my sarees and jewelries. On such a Friday, I had 2 carrots, 1 big onion, few green chillies, 1/4 jar of sweet n sour sauce and a small packet of paneer [Indian Cottage Cheese]. I thought of  making good use of them, planned for a light STIR FRIED PANEER. 

India has a large number of vegetarian people. The Indian restaurants brought various innovations in their recipes so that the veggie lovers are not deprived of experiencing different cuisines. A platter of chilli potato or chilli paneer or roasted cauliflower do give us immense pleasure beside the meat & fish dishes.... for the vegetarians these are the main. Its all about with how much care we cook it and how beautifully we present it. Mom n son have lots of paneer stuffs whenever the daddy of the home is away on a tour. It is not because we are not allowed to but because I prefer to cook something that cater to the tastebuds of all in the family. We respect each other's feelings, space, freedom, taste, likes and dislikes, even of the youngest member of the home.

This dish was very simple and quick to do, and was a time saving one. I never like spending longer periods in the kitchen on evenings.





INGREDIENTS :

Paneer : 250 gm
Onion : 1
Carrot : 1
Green Chilli : 2-3
Minced Garlic : 1tsp
Minced Ginger : 1/2tsp
Sweet n Sour Sauce : 1/4 cup
Black Pepper Powder : 1 tsp [coarsely ground preferred]
Salt : As required
Oil : 1 tbsp

METHOD :

Soak the paneer pieces [Indian Cottage Cheese] in hot water for 1 hour. Drain the water.

Peel and cut the onion into cubes. Slit the green chillies. Peel and cut the carrot in rings.

Mince the garlic and ginger. Wash all separately.

Heat the oil on a wok.

Add the minced garlic and ginger. Fry till fragrant.

Add the onions. Saute till translucent.

Add the carrots and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the paneer pieces.

Add salt, pepper powder and the sweet n sour sauce.

Stir well for 1-2 minutes.

Serve hot on a bed of noodles or rice.







5 comments :

  1. Love,love the recipe, honey!!! It is delicious and healthy, too. :) :) :) I also don't like to waste food, so I always improvise and use them up in my recipes before they get spoiled in the fridge. Big hugs & kisses, too!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey deary yana...i missed this earlier...thank you dear so much...its indeed easy and time saving too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why waste is also my policy. But paneer is not something we use often, rather is tofu, the various types. This dish - tofu instead will be loved as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know.... whole of South East Asia is fond of Tofu... me too prepare it at times....

      Delete