Thursday, 19 November 2015

OMELETTE CURRY



This one is an entirely family recipe . I mean I have seen other recipes of Omelette Curries in the net but followed the family recipe here. May be later I will try them. As a child I did not like eggs. To be precise, I loved the yolk and discarded the white altogether. My brother altogether hated eggs. Preparing this Omelette Curry was my mom's trick to feed me egg protein. Keeping with tradition I too do it to feed egg to my son who does not love eggs much. The senior at home loves egg in any form except raw.

This is quite an easy recipe done with minimal ingredients. As a Bengali, the use of potato in curries is perhaps by default. You can skip it if you wish. It tastes absolutely yum with both rice or roti. It is a very quick and simple recipe that can be done on a busy week day night. Let us proceed with the recipe.

INGREDIENTS :
Eggs : 4
Potato : 1
Onion : 1
Ginger Paste : 1tbsp
Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp
Chilli Powder : 1tsp
Cinnamon Powder : 2pinches
Green Cardamom Powder : 1pinch
Cloves Powder : 1pinch
Cumin Seed : 3pinches
Bayleaf : 1
Salt : As required
Oil : 1tbsp + 1/4tsp for each omelette

METHOD :
Prepare omelette with the eggs and cut them into smaller pieces.

Peel, cut, wash and cube the potatoes. Apply salt and turmeric. Slice the onions.

Heat 1tbsp oil in a wok . Fry the potato pieces till brown and keep aside.

Temper oil with cumin seeds and bayleaf. Add the onion slices and fry till brown.

Add the ginger paste, fry for 1 minute. Add the cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to it and saute for 1/2 a minute.

Add the fried potato pieces and mix well. Add one cup water and bring the gravy to boil.

Let the gravy boil for 3-4 minutes. Add the omelette pieces now. Let boil for 2 minutes.

Now add the cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and cloves powder. Stir and switch off.

Serve hot with rice/chapati.



No comments :

Post a Comment