Friday, 3 June 2016

MILK BARFI / FUDGE IN MICROWAVE



The fat, old lady is growing older and lazier, always looking for quick kitchen solutions these days. Its a pretty long time I have not prepared a sweet, which had been a must do every week. I do them and end up in eating them too which I am not supposed to. Then I thought when did I become so selfish which I never was. The growing up teen very much needs different kinds of tit bits stored in the refrigerator. What is necessary is self control and not deprive the loved ones. Hence yesterday morning I thought its weekend, let us prepare a sweet, an easy barfi / fudge kind of .

My idea of preparing the milk  barfi / fudge in the microwave was to save time, energy and the curiosity to see how it turns up. Otherwise I use that wonder box only for heating and simple baking. Suddenly remembered I do have a book on microwave cooking and I need to explore it . Well, that is a proof enough I am growing old and lazy, but so long it is gracefully, it should not be a problem. The main ingredient in this preparation is milk and sugar. Let us prepare this easy to do Milk Barfi / Fudge together in a microwave.

INGREDIENTS :
Full Cream Milk : 1lt
Powdered Sugar : 1/2medium cup
Milk Powder : 3tbsp
Rice Powder : 1tbsp
Kewra / Rose Water : 2-4drops
Cardamom Powder : 1/4tsp
Pistachios[chopped] : 1tbsp[optional]
Ghee[clarified butter] : 1tsp

METHOD :
Take the milk in a microwave prove deep bottomed big bowl. We will microwave the milk at high for 20 minutes at an interval of 5 minutes.

At each interval we will stir the milk and scrape the sides. In the last lap we will add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder, stir and microwave for another 5 minutes.

Switch off microwave, let stand for few minutes. Take out and let cool. Transfer to a greased plate. It will still be little soft.

Add the essence, rice powder, milk powder, chopped pistachios. Fold in well and knead for 6-10 minutes. Grease a box with little ghee and put the thing in it. Close and refrigerate for about 2 hours.

Turn it upside down on a plate, it will come out easily. Cut into shape of your choice.

Can be stored refrigerated for 3-4 days. Best to have it fresh.




17 comments :

  1. Inviting barfi platter Soma...wonderful click and recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly sweet stuffs for me though it was indulgence during the growing up years. Yes, I have to say I am quite conscious about keeping my weight, still, there is no harm once a while. Nice invention esp for the easy call making in the microwave. Treasuring the recipe and when there is a home gathering, this will be on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an enviable body... once a week having a cheat day is ok...

      Delete
  3. Wow.. Looking Fantastic, Awesomely delicious and Very Beautifully Presented Dear Soma ! Love it! I wish to have it right now…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. Looking Fantastic, Awesomely delicious and Very Beautifully Presented Dear Soma ! Love it! I wish to have it right now…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so tempting and perfect texture of fudge..yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing, I shall try this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it..easy and delicious..will try it ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its really superb....Thank you for sharing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Soma, what milk powder do you use and where do you get it.
    Thanks you,
    Susmita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any brand... even Amulya... we get in any super market...

      Delete