Thursday, 29 September 2016

MACARONI CUTLET





Looking at the photograph, I am wondering how can one be such a horrible photographer even after two years of blogging.... I am a lazy blogger, but however insincere I am with every details, I am a sincere cook as they say may be... that makes me happy... So long we respect boundaries, as long as we accept our limitations and appreciate the good in others whole heartedly... we should be a happy lot. In between, all the cat fights are meaningless, waste of time.... We should always mind our own business.... the lack of which in all of us is the cause of all irritation and unrest among us.... Coming to photography.... it also seems I am getting colour blind... That red mat is such a mismatch... Things would not have been such worse hadn't we had to go for a movie last night. Yesterday morning I discovered half packet of macaroni, thought of some cutlets... google searched some sites for the recipe and went ahead with mine. I will definitely mention them later in the post so that you too may find a lot of quick and yummy recipe ideas from there. The photograph may be horrible, but the cutlets were really crisp and tasty.

Later we may change this picture, but today I really wished to share this recipe of Macaroni Cutlet, which was quick, easy and surely to be loved by your family, specially the kids. I used very few ingredients to prepare these vegetarian cutlets like some boiled macaroni, boiled potato, onion, corn and cheese. I am not so much of a cheese person, however yesterday wished to use some, in different food forums I see corn and cheese go very well. We got some smoked Gouda cheese from Amsterdam, I used that. As I have said earlier, I am never particular about the ingredients of a recipe, unless it is an authentic regional dish. My version of Macaroni Cutlet requires very less spices, let us do it.

Recipe Courtesy :
Nalini's Kitchen
Easy Kid's Evening Snacks[you tube]
www.foodfood.com

INGREDIENTS :
Macaroni : 250gm [boiled]
Potato : 2big [boiled n mashed]
Sweet Corn : 1small cup
Cheese : 100 gm [ cut into small cubes, I used smoked Gouda]
Onion : 2big [sliced]
Green Chilli : 2-3 chopped
Black Pepper Powder : 1tsp
Salt : As Required
Bread Crumb : 100 gm
Oil : 100-150ml [to fry]

METHOD : 
Boil macaroni and potato separately. Mash the potato using little salt. Peel, wash and slice the onions.

Heat oil in a wok. Add the sliced onions and saute till translucent. Add the chopped green chillies and stir.

Add the sweet corns and fry for a minute. Add the boiled macaroni and fold in well.

Add the mashed potatoes, fold in well and cook for 2 more minutes.

Transfer to a plate and add the cheese cubes. Mix well.

Shape into cutlets. Take the bread crumbs onto a plate.

Coat the cutlets well with bread crumbs.



Heat oil in a wok. Fry the macaroni cutlets in batches at low heat, until they are crisp and light brown.

Transfer onto a tissue paper before serving.



Serve hot with your favourite sauce or chutney.





12 comments :

  1. Be happy with what you are doing. I never bothered about others, never will I be. So what if the pictures are not great. End of the day, the pleasure is the taste. I see this tasty cutlet. Fried stuffs are always a pleasure. Loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Navaneetham... I just want that... mind my own business...

      Delete
  2. simple and delicious cutlets...thanks for the recipe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such an interesting version of a simple cutlet. Extremely innovative and delicious with wanting for more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of macaroni cutlets before but then when it comes to food innovations are limitless. Nice share:)

    ReplyDelete