Monday, 19 September 2016

VEGETARIAN KHEEMA ROLL




This was our last night's dinner. My kitchen is not in a condition to cook. We just had a gruesome shifting session last friday and everything is messed up. Since friday we are getting food from outside, or going out in between to have food. This does not work for long for a person like me. Besides, I am too unwilling and lethargic to go out even for a minute when the house is in total mess. I do enjoy weekend dining ventures with family and friends though. Yesterday afternoon, while watching an Indian television channel, I just came across an advertisement on Vegetable Kathi Roll of a famous food brand of India. I was literally drooling and slurping and instantly decided I have to prepare this. In turn there was a revolution kind of at home saying I always fail to set my priorities in life and there is no wrong keeping off kitchen for few days. I accept but what about the foodie in me who dream of food all the time, though publicly showing off as if I am too health conscious.

Now the food advertisements do not come with the recipe. There must be a number of similar recipes but I went ahead with my own because I had to do it with whatever was available at home. We are even unable to keep proper stock of vegetables, meat and fish at this moment. So let us do the Vegetarian Kheema Roll together. They turned out crispy and yum which I served on paratha topped with tomato chilli sauce and mayonnaise.

INGREDIENTS :
Potato : 2big
Minced Soya : 1medium cup
Sweet Corn : 1/2 small cup
Green Pea : 1/2small cup
Onion : 2medium 
Green Chilli : 2-3
Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Coriander Powder : 1tsp
Cinnamon Powder : 1/4tsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/4tsp
Cloves Powder : 3-5pinches
Red Chilli Powder : 1/2tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp
Cumin Seed : 1/4cup
Salt : As required
Refined Flour : 2tbsp
Corn Flour : 1tbsp
Bread Crumb : A cup full of
Oil : 100-150ml for frying

METHOD :
Wash, cut half and pressure cook the potatoes in enough water up to two whistles. Once cold, peel the skin and mash.

Soak the minced soya in hot water for 1/2 an hour and drain the water.

Peel, wash and slice the onions. Wash the sweet corns and green peas. Chop the green chillies.

Heat oil in a wok. Temper with cumin seeds. Add the sliced onions and chopped green chillies. After 2-3 minutes add the minced soya, all the powdered spices and salt. Stir very well for 3-4 minutes.

Add the mashed potatoes and fold in well. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the refined flour and cornflour. Fold in well.

Transfer to a plate and let cool.



Now shape into rolls as is seen below.



Take the bread crumbs in a plate. Coat the Vegetable Kheema Roll with it.



Heat oil in a wok. Fry the rolls carefully in batches.



Once done transfer onto tissue paper first.



I served them as dinner, hence atop paratha topped with tomato chilli sauce and mayonnaise. If you are having as snacks, do enjoy with chutney and salad.



16 comments :

  1. Hats off to you to be cooking amidst all the hassles that come with shifting from one home to another. The Vegeterian keema roll looks very creative and is so inviting. It's a brilliant idea to serve it atop a paratha with the sauces. A mouthwatering delight this has turned out to be. Yummmmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear Piyali.... All on your way my expert Chef... So I did a good job right....

      Delete
  2. The kheema by itself is sensational. With or without paratha. This is one which I must try. After all, sometimes I go mad deciding on the menu for or veg days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely like it Navaneetham... big thanks....

      Delete
  3. Soma,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog as it gave me a chance to get to know your fabulous blog! I am like you too- rather make something quick at home that I like than run outside to get it :) Hope your home is all set now. Moving is such a busy time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You... My problem is I hardly visit blogs n home pages and eventually miss so many good works... My silent support is always there for all good works.... one been yours... very healthy recipes....

      Delete
  4. Veg kheema looks wonderful... Love the idea of using minced soya, very innovative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice clicks...looks delicious thanks for sharing...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rolls looking yummy and vegetarian version looks great

    ReplyDelete