Monday, 16 January 2017

BAKED SANDESH


Yes, this is how a true heart Bengali expresses love for her roots sitting in another country. It is also true that I got this tart pan to try  tarts, an egg tart to start with. As usual extremely scared to do what is not my forte, neither wanting to keep the tart pan as a showpiece, I thought let me inaugurate it with something easy and less time consuming. Why I am posting dessert one after another.... Oh I am trying to remain calm and sweet tempered keeping aside all tensions. My help, now a family member Cristine is yet to come back from vacation and I am literally going crazy. Moreover, with a son going for his boards in another fourteen months, my mind is literally in two pieces, should I take a long break or not? Going by the standards of a Bengali mother, I can see myself ranking almost last. Each time I come back from Kolkata I feel more guilty watching my friends back home dedicating and sacrificing everything for the kids. Moreover with a senior like mine, I am going extremely crazy with his patent dialog I do not want my son to be in any rat race, I want him to be happy. How much I disagree, he is firm on his belief that a child is only liable to fulfil his / her own dreams and not their parents. Now the son, going by his extreme love for history says he wants to be the curator of a museum, while the very average, typical Bengali mother wished to see him somewhere near and around NASA. There is nothing wrong in the mother's wish as her son has the potential going by all his teachers' feedback, what he lacks is effort.

Taken into account all these factors, no wonder why the fat old lady is getting fatter and greying super fast. I am so very used to my Cristine.... dear knead the dough little more, Cristine do the stuffing and I will roll them. Amidst all these mess, I so much appreciate my fellow foodie bloggers doing so great job sharing so many dishes every other day. Whether they are doing it with or without a help is not important , the effort and love for it is what I appreciate. This Baked Sandesh was done during Diwali celebration, then for one reason or the other my wish to share it with the world got delayed. Today I felt I should share this mess free way of making a Sandesh, a Bengali sweet or in a way dessert famous worldwide to sweet lovers. I have provided stepwise picture for the entire process to prove my point that it does not require kneading or mashing . I even used store bought paneer for this sweet. Let us prepare this Baked Sandesh together.



INGREDIENTS [for the instant khoya]
Milk Powder : 1medium cup
Full Cream Milk : 1/2medium cup
Ghee : 1/4th small cup


INGREDIENTS : [for the final product]
Paneer : 150 gm
Condensed Milk : 50ml
Sugar : 1-2tbsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/4tsp
Baking Soda : A pinch[can skip]
Instant Khoya : As we get.
Ghee [clarified butter] : A drop or two

METHOD :
Preheat oven to 180*C. 

Let us prepare the instant khoya first. By now my readers must have by hearted this khoya recipe as I keep on mentioning which again I have learnt from an you tube video. I just adjusted the amount of the ingredients as it suits my family. We will take all ingredients of instant khoya in a bowl and mix well.



Now microwave the mixture for 2-3 minutes pausing and stirring every 30 seconds. Our instant khoya is ready.



Now we will take the paneer in a wide mouthed bowl, break further and crumble with hand. 



Add the instant khoya and condensed milk to the crumbled paneer and mix roughly.



Now put the mixture in the mixer grinder. Add 1-2tbsp sugar, a pinch of baking soda and 1/4tsp of green cardamom powder. Grind to a paste for 1-2 minutes pausing in between.



Grease the tart pan with a drop of ghee [clarified butter]. Pour the mixture into it. 



Bake at 180*C for 12-15 minutes depending on the temperature level of your machine. It is done when the top is light brown.




7 comments :