Thursday 6 April 2017

LEMON CORIANDER RICE






Rice is our staple and I personally love it a lot, just as I do some bread varieties. My men are not fond of plain, steamed rice unless served with their choice of meat or fish. They love it if I get a little of change in them and fry it with whatever is available at home. Hence, I keep experimenting with various kinds of fried rice recipes... both vegetarian and non vegetarian. Rice may have high content of carbohydrates, yet it is required to some extent by our body. I do not believe in completely discarding rice from our diet. Instead we can lessen the amount of consumption. 

For ages, rice & chapati had been our staple. How can one completely get rid of having what one had been having since birth! I do not think it is necessary to embrace some other culture & food, leaving my own totally! We can get some modifications!

When we add a number of vegetables, mushrooms to rice, we really do not need any sides to go with it as such. A humble serving of plain yogurt or raita and a salad is just perfect alongside any kind of fried rice. This particular Lemon Coriander Rice is quite soothing and refreshening during the summers. I have drawn inspiration for this particular rice bowl from a couple of blogs claiming it is Chipotle style Lime Coriander rice and did my own version giving it more flavours using minced garlic. Come let us do this easy recipe of Lemon Coriander Rice together.



INGREDIENTS : 

Cooked Rice : 2 coffee mug
Lemon Juice : 2-3 tbsp
Lime Juice : 1-2 tbsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves : 1 small cup
Chopped Green Chillies :2-3
Zest of Lime & Lemon : 1/4 tsp
Minced Garlic : 1/2 tsp
Bayleaf : 1-2
Salt : As Required
Oil : 1 tbsp

METHOD :


Take out the refrigerated cooked rice an hour before cooking. I cooked it fresh in enough water adding the bayleaves, drained the water once it was done 80%! 

Heat the oil in a pan. Add the minced garlic, the washed & chopped green chillies, stir until light brown!

Add the rice and fold in well. Increase the heat; add salt, lemon & lime juices, the zest of lime & lemon, the washed & chopped fresh coriander leaves. Fold in well and keep stirring for a minute or two. It is done.

Enjoy it hot and fresh with yogurt, raita and salad or just have it with fried eggs & salad like us!






4 comments :

  1. Rice is the love for me, I need rice daily, and this lemon coriander rice I need as well right now please. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet a wholesome preparation

    ReplyDelete