Tuesday 17 July 2018

MANGO & DATES INSTANT SUGAR FREE DESSERT




I cannot go ahead with any time consuming recipe share... I am tired if not from a jet lag but of few things like sharing our Turkey Tour album with friends and then assessing the mind sets of people around based on it! I may be always wrong doing it, but to me I am always right! There will be no authentic Bengali food share today.... definitely not! I travelled the entire Turkey wearing my "gonshu baba" locket... got clicked with it standing in front of the mosques... and also wore short length dresses in a muslim majority country... no one stopped... that is the uniqueness of a tourist spot... it all depends on how we wear a dress and what we intent to do with it! No, I may not wish to attack any individual or any faith .... I just observe the people around.... they have a lot of problem with trivial issues! Since, I have become a kind of person who does not aspire for "hundreds of likes" in social media, I do not compromise to make people happy.... 

If we had been travelling Turkey.... then there will be pictures of mosques and Islamic monuments and not a temple! While travelling, I will not be in a saree either! If a major section of my friends are non-Bengali speaking... then the preface to a tour post will always be in English.... Then some have problem with the preface itself! If we are travelling a historical place how can I write about something else .... one more factor is there too! My men do not survey my social media accounts before wearing their clothes on a tour! Then the most dangerous feature in me.... why do I write whenever I get a chance?.... That is because however poor I am in English, I love to write... I wish to improve in that arena! The husband sits in his office chair and writes an Essay every week... he says else he will forget to write English.... My kids, husband and few friends.... "virtual, real, known and unknown" write too good English, I feel I should practice to be in the loop even if I am unable to be like them! The mother and the husband wished me to pursue English as a major few decades back, had I have complied to that, sat sincerely at the college library with few friends instead of roaming around Hathibagan, I may not have been sitting idle today.... that off course is a pain! 

I often take the name of one Chandrayee... I spoilt her career... how much of loggerheads I am with her... I have to admit it! During her statistics class, I used to take her to the cinema halls! It feels good to see her become an ISC Examiner in Kolkata today! A Chandrayee or Nishi or Indirra are just examples... I have many beautiful people around me as good examples.... I love them sans any kind of complications, regional tendencies, religious boundaries! I prepared and posted our tour album just the way I wished to without allowing any kind of influence on me! Henceforth, all my posts on my personal account will be like this... "I post what I wish to!" A supremely delicious dessert MANGO & DATES INSTANT SUGAR FREE DESSERT is the call of the Day! I continue to learn good things from the "virtual, unknown" people besides the known, I do not care if people accept it or not.... they should know that I have no personal interest in doing so! It is a good habit to follow and learn from people who are worth it!

You can well understand how much I need a chilled dessert today.... what enrages me is people not being able to think in a broader perspective.... being modern is not in the clothes we wear but definitely in the mind set! I feel happy to be a daughter of a father who taught me the right lessons of life at a tender age! Do the vast, unknown world of my readers wish to know what is there on my highly suspicious tour album? The son is wearing a black t-shirt with a headphone imprinted on it... he developed love for music without knowing any of my music loving friends, he dances well in school concerts too! The husband wears a red & white shirt, sits under a "gach tola" and poses for me, in one I am wearing a black & blue dress all bare from the knee.... haha and an island girl t-shirt too! It all depends on the posture... many will agree with me! So, these are only few examples of the fifty pictures I shared in the album.... I did what I wished to and will not look here there for approval! As long as my intentions are pristine, crystal clear, I should not bother about anything else... the daddy told long back! Both parents loved me to see in dresses more than a saree and bought me those... However, I developed a love for saree going after the mother.... soon to go public with few of my cotton sarees, all bare knee length dresses and below if not my thunderous thighs.... I am not bothered about the father likes... they brought us in this world.... but I strongly say no to certain things in life and I will stick to that... you can well call it my jealousy of not having a perfect BMI... I do not mind!

Be it rejection or love... I have handled with elan.... always and ever will... Anyway, I do not make public my men... will do when the son gives me a reason to do that in few years... will he? Now, what I can do is share this 10 minutes recipe of a sugar free dessert MANGO & DATES INSTANT SUGAR FREE DESSERT for you which definitely is not authentic Bengali. I share Bengali recipes because Bengal has no place in the world map except for few dignitaries, because I grew up eating them!.... the sooner we accept the truth... better for us... this poor condition is because of us only... our mindset does not allow us to think beyond region... "doshta-pachter apish korbo aar boro boro lecture debo"... does not work in real situations! I had few dear guests the evening prior to our Turkey visit... We love them... hence called!... I had to think of quick something! This popped up in the mind!... I do not know if there are similar recipes or not.... I did not search through Google! For your anytime dessert craving or for the sudden guests you can try this instant sugar free dessert with mango, fresh cream and dates!



INGREDIENTS :

Mango : 2standard sized fully ripe
Dates : 8-10 [has to be good quality, fleshy ones]
Green Cardamom Powder : 1/2tsp
Chopped Dates : To garnish

PROCEDURE:

Wash the mangoes and discard the skin. 

Take out the flesh as much as possible and add to the blender. 

Take the seeds out of each of the dates! Roughly chop and add to the blender. 


Blend for 2-3 minutes pausing every 1 minute!

Add the green cardamom powder and just pulse for once!


Pour onto a serving bowl, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate at least for 2-3 hours to chill.

Garnish with chopped dates before serving!










4 comments :

  1. lovely write up and yummy dessert share.... a small doubt do we need to add cream to blender along with mango or do we need to whip the cream and mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nisa... I blend together everything...

      Delete
  2. How does it become sugar-free, if mango contains 12-20% of Fructose and 1 pc of Dates has 60-65%, please let me know. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By sugar free I meant processed sugar free.... I strongly believe you have that much material in you to know that!

      Delete