Monday 20 May 2019

MIXED NUT AND EGGPLANT CHUTNEY


Aww it is a long weekend for us and with someone glued to the election bulletin all day, I am unable to concentrate on my blog. I do not have interest in the areas he takes interest in except for the kind of movies we watch together, since he does not abuse his opponents, not even in private .... I excuse him for all the unwanted noise near my ear drums. I keep telling my little brother instead of picking up all the bad habits of my man that includes smoking, an indisciplined... no rule life, he could have picked up his rare qualities.. I would have been happier. One good thing is that my regrets of him not pursuing his academics further is diminishing, whats the point if degrees do not teach us to be compassionate ... at least in public? I have the right to scold my brother seven years younger to me... what about the other "dherey khokas?"  like him .... off course one can campaign on behalf of its own belief, why do we need to abuse? Abusing a particular religion is as unwelcome as film stars standing for elections.... living in glass palaces, how will they feel the pulse of the mass? Have they ever worked at the grass root level? They doing charity is okay but state politics is something else .. its their glamour and image that people vote for which has nothing to do with the governance, this is one of the various reasons why Indian politics is deteriorating, there are less of political figures representing its people! Anyway, you all know that I cannot take too much of noise, I will share the recipe of an easy snack, vegetarian condiment MIXED NUT AND EGGPLANT CHUTNEY today.

I am feeling a bit tired too. Sundays are usually relaxing for me but yesterday I did get a bit exhausted & irritated. Actually, I went for a complimentary bottom treatment at a slimming centre located just at the opposite side of the road. The men do not chat with me but they do not want me to leave them and go out alone on a weekend either. Yet I went, you all know that I can consume poison if given for free. I had a very unpleasant experience. I mean it is their job to allure customers with complimentary offers and then try to sell packages but the same talks for an hour? I finally had to be stern which is not my cuppa and tell them okay I do not want their free treatments further, that they need not waste their time and energy on me who went totally blank after 10 minutes of the conversation. They telling me that availing their package will make my husband love me more was the ultimate trigger yesterday.... they had no idea exactly where they touched, it was like those political parties or their sponsored pet journalists who have won  and will win over the mass caressing their  greatest weakness.... religious beliefs creating unnecessary divide. I wished to pursue journalism but not political, now the son wants to pursue political journalism.... does he know that his mother had a thing for Prannoy Roy, that his father insisted his mother to study psephology instead of engaging into useless fight with his paternal grandmother? I am not even listening to the biased reviews on the television. We at home  do not have a problem with this party had they not made communalism their main weapon.

Leave that, I believe you can really have a healthy, perfect BMI-ed self if you are a little wise, without spending a lot. I am not wise, whimsical, under the husband's influence stopped following a routined life. All of a sudden, around 8pm or little after that I went out for a walk yesterday. The genre of music I listen to on my walks are different and why not. These girls Sheila or Anarkali help me do a 8km walk at night although I finish very late. I could cover more but I had to do those multigrain "pooris" back home... once I take them down, the puffiness goes before I serve, that makes me sad. I scolded Cristine for making a softer dough than required but it is also true that because of her I can take the liberty to go out at any time of the day. I just told the husband to ask Cristine to prepare the dough and keep covered once she is back home, the rest I will manage.


The malls were still open, the smell coming from the bakery was making me mad. You know what, the reason why people suffer here from ailments is that they have a mall underneath their home, have escalators up to their doorsteps and well they are not really in the habit of saving in most cases. On my way to and fro, I clicked two aunties and an uncle for whom life is not too easy in developed countries. Nope, I do not have any problem with the elderlies if they can understand and read my pulse, I have pathos for you if you have it for me.... at some point we need to be like Shylock. I have to wrap up really quick, we need to go out, my dresser needs to be changed. I go mad while at a furniture hub... since we stay in a rented place, I limit my hunger pangs to a little something and satisfy my cravings through food! I think I prepared this vegetarian condiment, chutney / dip MIXED NUT AND EGGPLANT CHUTNEY some 2-3 months back. We love Middle Eastern food and eggplants both. The husband can eat eggplant only when it is cooked and mashed properly, done with the lesser seed variety.... so I do. I used a few variety of nuts, roasted / burnt egg plants, onion, garlic, lemon juice, chilli flakes, green chillies, olive oil, black salt.



INGREDIENTS :

EGGPLANT : 1STANDARD SIZED [I USE THE FLESHY, DEEP PURPLE WHICH HAS LESS SEED]
ALMOND : 7-8
WALNUT : 6-7
CASHEW NUT : 9-10
PISTACHIO : 9-10
PEANUT : 1TSP
DRY ROASTED RED CHILLI : 2
GREEN CHILLI : 2
CHOPPED ONION : 2-3TBSP
GARLIC CLOVE : 2-3
BLACK SALT : AS REQUIRED
LEMON JUICE : 2-3TBSP
OIL : 2TBSP [I USED OLIVE OIL]

PROCEDURE :

Wash and pat dry the egg plant. Grease all over it with 2-3 drops of oil. I have a stove top rack which I placed on it after being greased. 

Switching on the gas I burnt all the sides equally rolling it often. This may take some 10 minutes or so.

We will place it on a plate and let it cool. Now we will heat a pan and dry roast the red chillies for a minute stirring constantly and then take out.

Thereafter, we will heat the oil and roast all the already half broken variety of nuts for not more than 1-2 minutes. Let it cool.

We will take off the skin of the eggplant now and the roasted and mashed eggplant, 1/2 of the roasted nuts variety, roasted red chillies, green chillies, chopped onions, garlic cloves, black salt and lemon juice in a blender.

We will blend at high until smooth with a pause in between.

We will take it on a bowl and pour rest of the remaining oil and broken, roasted nuts on it.

Serve it at normal temperature or chilled. You can see that I served it with gram flour parathas, Indian Olive pickle and grilled chicken. You can choose your second sides at your will.






No comments :

Post a Comment