Friday 24 May 2019

POMFRET IN CURRY LEAF PASTE & YOGURT CORIANDER RICE



For the past few days my wish was to go ahead with  a fish share over this weekend. As I get to know some dear people do not eat fish, some others meat or egg, I try to keep something on the table for them too, saying you all mean. This may not be possible always, I am not good at cooking western food. I really do have two wonderful, frill free cake recipes to share, may be soon. I am unable to go ahead with a vegetarian share at the moment, will have to sooner that is true because I have no enmity with anyone unless you start stinking ..... be careful while playing a match game, it can happen that your post may be in bad taste. My little brother has really proved yesterday he is my brother, he listened to what I taught him. Once I finish my post, I have to message the brother not to discuss Indian politics on the wine table for the next fifteen days. His wife has reservations in this area but we will adjust and enjoy these few days. We also have plans to send them to a quiet, nature friendly resort in Bintan or nearby, they have covered most part of this little island on their last visit. Then they need some time away from their mother, I can take care of mine.... I just asked them to get her diabetes medicines. You know my brother, on his trip to honeymoon he was about to book tickets for his parents too, I stopped him and the mother too did. The father almost packed his suitcase. Whenever there had been a cricket or a football match, our Pa used to watch it in the bigger screen of his son's room until the unearthly hours of the night. The brother's wife never frowned, she would massage our Pa's body who was not a millionaire. What do you say, do they deserve a beautiful, short holiday from us or not? Nope, the miser didi bhai will not fill their return bags with presents bought from the Orchard Malls, but cook some goodies like this fish and rice preparation POMFRET IN CURRY LEAF PASTE & YOGURT CORIANDER RICE. I definitely will gift them what I think is within my limit, never a show off. We have to fund the junior's education with not much aid in his choice of college.

I have to really wrap up quick today. I need to cook few dishes and thereafter visit a friend's home whose parents are here. Some elderlies are like our mother, refuse to visit other homes. To play a match game, I will not call either one of the living parents to our place. No meat is going to that home today, home made cake+fish+egg+store bought sweet.... yes going! I will continue to be myself, yet I will remain uncomfortable at the sight of glamorous, hot beings near to some. I request you all not to search reason in any corner of my body, I am weird, absurd, obsolete, not open minded. I like these glam dolls however, they have not done any treachery with me.... for them and their family here is a rice and fish combo meal POMFRET IN CURRY LEAF PASTE & YOGURT CORIANDER RICE. I am not fond of pomfret, my family is. I could eat the way my mother did it, neither do I wish to leave it, so I keep on trying it and chicken with various combinations to check which one goes with my taste bud. There are days when you do not like cooking separately for you and your family. 

See, I really loved the cake I prepared yesterday. The son has chosen his list of colleges, the Counsellor ma'am has given us a good picture of the pros and cons and our son has to lift up his score to get into his choice of college. The mumma's tea intake will increase until December or say until August 2020.... His school is doing a great job finding him a good college. No, our island is not in his chosen list. There are two reasons..... he is not willing to, he thinks he has seen Asia and now wish to explore new places. Secondly, he perhaps is deciding on Business Administration, so only one college is here which we prefer, it demands at list 43/ 45 in IB from a foreigner's kid.. hence. The bahargaon has a lot of options, both Piali and our kid have scored fair in their first attempt at SAT, the month of October seals their fate. My husband is a pragmatic person and so is the school, we do not think our son is in the category of scoring 1550 and get into an Ivy League College, neither our boy has selected those colleges.... I am no one to comment on Piali's daughter. She is sincere. What was surprising was to see our son so focussed at school yesterday, he has to increase his score to fulfil his dream, no point going to an average school. His present school is helping the students in this area, none of the Indian Schools in this island are this organised.


Now, that I got a good combination for my tea, I can happily share the recipes of the fish and flavoured rice done with two of my favourite fresh herbs. I love the flavours of curry leaves and coriander leaves. You will love the two recipes for sure. I am happy also to get fresh "tyangra" a day before.





INGREDIENTS FOR THE POMFRET IN CURRY LEAF PASTE :

MEDIUM SIZED SILVER POMFRET : 4-6 
CURRY LEAF PASTE : 1SMALL TEA CUP
COARSELY GROUND BLACK PEPPER POWDER : 1/2TSP
GREEN CHILLI PASTE : 2TBSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP [BEATEN]
LEMON JUICE : 2-3TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3TBSP

INGREDIENTS FOR THE YOGURT CORIANDER RICE :

FINE BASMATI OR ANY LONG GRAINED RICE : 1 COFFEE MUG [SHOULD SERVE 4 HEADS]
PLAIN YOGURT : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP [BEATEN]
FRESH CORIANDER PASTE : 1SMALL TEA CUP
GREEN CHILLI PASTE : 1TBSP
BAYLEAF : 2-3
CUMIN SEED : 1/2TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 3-4TBSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER TO GARNISH

PROCEDURE :

Let us share the recipe of the Pomfret Fish at first.


I have marinated the pomfret fishes with a generous amount of salt & then washed cleaned after an hour. This helps eradicate the smell I dislike! 

Thereafter, I marinated them with all the mentioned ingredients after a thorough wash and slit on their body. I have refrigerated them for 2-3 hours. Do fill the stomachs with the marinade well.

We will take them out at least 45 minutes before we cook. I have taken them on a grill proof, greased plate and grilled one side for 10 minutes, the other side for 8 minutes. Do not over cook please.

I used the microwave+grill mode that requires a low height wired stool to be placed and the plate atop.











For the rice, we will wash and cook the rice in enough boiling water  until 70 % done and pour immediately on a big strainer. Let the water drain totally. 



Today, I used refrigerated cooked rice that I cooked last night! Then we will heat the oil in a wok and temper it with cumin seeds and bay leaves.

Then I added the beaten yogurt, coriander and green chilli paste. Stir well for 1/2 a minute.

Thereafter, I added the salt and gave a stir. Add the rice and gently stir & mix until every thing is incorporated well. We can garnish with some fresh coriander!












No comments :

Post a Comment