Thursday 21 August 2014

GRILLED SALMON


After indulging and torturing ourselves too much over the weekends, we should give our stomach some respite on Mondays and Tuesdays. What better than grilled and baked stuffs?? While I take a tour of amazing grilled recipes, there are so many ways of marination & the variety of ingredients used. They are easily available at home or at the nearest store. Like your dresses, you can really mix and match the ingredients. 

Experiments bring innovations. I am not too good at it or cooking anything out of my boundary! But there is nothing wrong in trying, if we are doing it with enough love, it would at least taste good! Because I use a microwave with convection mode, I am not happy with it's grill function or I may not know the right temperature setting! I believe a conventional oven gives crisper skinned grilled salmon!

Here is a simple recipe of  grilled salmon which actually tasted good, though look wise it does not seem grilled enough. Also I did not put the pieces in the grill but on a plate placed atop the wired stool!


INGREDIENTS:

Salmon : 3- 4 pieces 
Lemon Juice : 3-4 tbsp
Minced Garlic : 1/2 tsp
Mixed Dried Herb : 1 tsp
Melted Butter : 2 tbsp
Salt : A pinch or two
All Purpose Seasoning : 1/2 tsp
Crushed Black Pepper : 1/2 tsp


METHOD :

Wash the Salmon pieces. Marinate the fish fillets with all the ingredients. Keep marinated for an hour!



Grease an oven proof plate with some oil and place them skin down. Place the plate atop the low height wired stool and place inside the oven! I cooked at microwave+grill option for 7 minutes at 300 power! Thereafter, I cooked in the grill option for 3 minutes, turned over & cooked the skin up for 3-4 minutes in grill option! 





Being a Bengali, I plated it the Bengali homely style! I added the stepwise pictures so you can locate the mistakes I made, our cuisine does not have grilled food! But I can say it tasted well!

Each microwave differs, cooking time may vary. So we need to check. We learn through trial n error. We enjoyed it this way!








3 comments :