Tuesday, 19 August 2014

HOME MADE BASIC SANDESH



Honestly I do not know much about blogging,neither am I a great cook.....just love cooking. My grandmom and mom being great cooks,I have a natural inclination towards it. Today is Janmashtami,  Lord Krishna's birthday.....a very auspicious day. Today is the day Lord Krishna is royally treated with a variety of home made sweets.Celebration at my home too, in my small way. I was trying my hands on SANDESH, a Bengali sweet. It comes in a wide variety.

I had chosen the simplest one. I did prepare the paneer on oven. Then made a smooth dough with all the ingredients and shaped into sandesh. 

Ingredients(for the cheese)

  • Milk: 2 litres
  • Vinegar: 2 tbsp


Ingredients(for Sandesh)

  • Home made Cheese(Chena) : 500 gm
  • Sugar.  : 11/2 cup(powdered)
  • Green Cardamom: 3-/4(powdered)
  • Rice flour: 50 gms
  • Milk Powder: 100 gms
  • Pistachio s: 25 gm(cut into small pieces)


Pour the milk in a heavy bottomed pan.Bring to boil.At this point pour in the vinegar. Let cool.

Powder the sugar and green cardamoms together.

Now with help of a clean white cloth drain the water. Hang the cheese for about 45 minutes so that there is no water left. Take the cheese, sugar, milk powder, rice flour and half of the cut pistachios in a bowl.

Keep rubbing till all ingredients are nicely mixed and a smooth dough is formed. Make into shapes of your choice....round / flat. Garnish with pistachios.

You can decor with rose petals/silver foils too.



8 comments :

  1. Hi Soma,
    What a lovely idea to start this blog on a auspicious day.Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy janmashtami and happy blogging :) love the name of your blog and this recipe sounds delicious ! xx
    Maria Nasir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new blog.. now i can learn some dishes from here for ranabir and he wont be complaining about my cooking anymore.. hehe.

    manisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks soma for such a lovely recipe...

    ReplyDelete