Thursday 13 August 2015

MATCHA TEA CUP CAKE



As my wiki knowledge goes, Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. The green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about 3 weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed in while being processed. These days, besides being drinking as a tea, matcha is also used to flavour and dye foods like noodles, ice-creams, cakes, smoothies.

Matcha is that form of whole green tea leaves which has extra theanine and chlorophyll as shaded growth produces more theanine and chlorophyll. They say it is an energy booster. Many a health conscious people consume green tea leaves or matcha  for its antioxidant catechins. Now how much of that antioxidants are present in the tea cakes made with it, I have no idea. I prepared them as I liked the colour and the aroma of matcha cakes when I first saw them in a cake shop.


I became a connoisseur of tea after I landed in this island, specially of green tea. God, so many variety of tea, I am yet to taste them all. My first attempt to prepare a matcha cake went haywire, it came out so hard. My second attempt was this and I am proud to say they came out well, soft. Since I am not a professional baker I am less innovative about baking, hence I followed one of Teaglad's recipe for these all green, soft MATCHA TEA CAKES. This is how I did them.

All the above informations had been sourced from Google Wiki.



INGREDIENTS :[for the cake]

All Purpose Flour : 2cups
Baking Powder : 1/2tbsp
Salt : 1/2tsp
Sugar : 1cup
Butter[unsalted] : 100gm[at room temperature]
Oil : 50ml
Eggs : 3large
Milk : 2/3cup
Matcha green tea : 2tbsp

INGREDIENTS :[for the frosting]


Unsalted Butter : 50gm
Powdered Sugar : 11/2cup
Milk : 2tbsp
Matcha Green tea : 1tbsp

METHOD :


Preheat the oven to 180* C.

Mix together all the dry ingredients.

In another bowl cream together butter and sugar.

Add the oil and incorporate with the butter well.

Beat one egg at a time to the batter.

Add the milk.

Beat till it becomes lighter.

Add the flour mix little by little.

Once done, beat the batter till it is light and fluffy.

Place paper cups on the muffin moulds.

Pour the batter till half as seen below.



Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180*C. Once done let them cool. They look as below.


Now let us prepare the frosting.

Beat together the butter and powdered sugar, add the milk and keep beating.

At a point the three will be incorporated well.

Once the cup cakes cool down , we can decorate them with the frosting. They look as below.



6 comments :

  1. GReat innovation dear...loved then greenness of the cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alkajena thank you so much for the appreciations

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look divine, Soma! So loved the vibrant green color. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anupama.... Heartfelt thanks for all the appreciations... Means a lot dear

      Delete
  4. That's truly yummy dear Soma..Loving it !!

    ReplyDelete