Monday 13 February 2017

MINI CHEESY PARATHA BITES WITH STRAWBERRY-YOGURT DIP


Ain't the platter looking beautiful? It indeed is because I have put in a lot of love planning and executing it. I do not believe in any one day of celebrating love, but there is no harm if there is a grand celebration on a particular day, what is wrong if a right ambience is created where one can say .... with you I experienced heaven on earth. The world need not go by my set of rules ........... At times, I love going back to the childhood, teen hood days and cuddle with the fond memories. How silly we had been, specially the boys of the class. Their so called crushes within and outside the school gate, doing all stupid things seeking attention, even one or two young, new teachers were not spared. It was our 10th board examination, we had to go to another school to write the papers, a beautiful, all decked up young teacher Pricilla used to come for invigilation...... do not tell me my boyfriends' all concentration was on the paper. 

Of them all, there was one boy whose crushes changed at higher frequency, and an indulgent me had to listen to all his stories patiently. At times, I had to chase those girls to gather some data to give him some feedback. I could never say dear you should not talk much about beautiful women to a 'not that beautiful' one. I knew he was not doing it purposefully, he worshipped beauty and poured his heart to a trusted friend. Later he and others did get beautiful partners for themselves except for my senior.... no love for telling me he did not wish to have one.. All of them  more or less got what they wished in life, I hope, according to their own capability. As of my girlfriends, with some I literally grew up together. I do treasure them all ..... far or near. A dear one who lost his love few years back, has a wonderful kid as support. As I stepped into the junior college, I came out of my shell and made innumerable friends.

My ever romantic nature was perhaps discovered first by our Bengali teacher, Iva miss. She recommended me Maitreyi Devi's Na Hanyate .... meaning 'It does not die' when I was only 15. Is it her autobiography? We do not know, I believe there cannot be absolute truth in a biography too. We are not at the liberty to disclose everything about our life neither it is required.Through this write up I wished to say do not set hard rules for your kids, just see they do not cross boundaries... they definitely will do well in life.... Secondly, echoing Bengali Miss, one of my favourite teacher, I found it to be the right time to recommend Na Hanyate as a wonderful read for those who believe 'It does not die'. To accompany any good read we need some tit bits or snackers .... hence these Mini Cheesy Paratha Bites that I made last weekend and served with a chilled bowl of StrawberryYogurt Dip with addition of shredded carrot, beetroot, chopped green chillies, cherry tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves. Come let us do both together and serve happily to our family and friends.

I am updating the older pictures on 23rd January, 2024, felt like keeping one original.

                             

            

INGREDIENTS : [for the yogurt dip]

Plain Yogurt : 200gm
Strawberry : 5-6
Black Salt : 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 1/2 tsp


INGREDIENT : [for the cheesy paratha bites]

Refined Flour : 1big cup [maida]
Cheese Slice : I used one for three mini flatbread
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Oil : 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp for each paratha


METHOD :

Let us prepare the Strawberry-Yogurt Dip at first!


Wash, discard the stem end & prepare a paste with the strawberries.

Add the black salt, cumin powder, ginger extract, sugar to it. Beat well with a spoon.

Add the strawberry paste and beat well.

Let chill for an hour.


For the mini cheese parathas / flatbread, take the flours in a wide mouthed bowl. Add salt and 2tbsp oil. Rub well for 2-3 minutes.

Add water little at a time and prepare a dough kneading it well for 10-12 minutes. Keep covered with a moist cloth for 15 minutes.

Remove the cover, take out portions and prepare balls.

With a rolling pin shape them round. Place a cheese slice piece in between and fold to seal the ends.

Prepare a batch before frying.

Put the pan on the gas top. We can prepare 2-3 mini parathas at a time. At first, roast both sides for a minute, then fry in little oil both sides.


Transfer to a plate. Serve with the chilled yogurt dip & a pickle of choice!







4 comments :

  1. Paratha hearts touched my deeply. And the toppings makes it perfect. Valentines day has become so cheap because of social media, for me, I believe my imperfect other half is my everyday Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your each word I agree Navaneetham n thank you for always been so encouraging.....

      Delete