Sunday 19 August 2018

CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN MIXED SAUCE


I prepared this chicken & vegetable dish some two months back, it must have been a Friday! I do not remember exactly but it is on Fridays do I clean up the remaining raw materials dumped in there! My readers know well that I am not good at Oriental cooking.... I would not claim any authenticity of this dish .... CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN MIXED SAUCE! I mean when I prepare a "khichdi dish," I really find it difficult to name it! Trust me it was easier, quicker to cook this healthy dish than to name it because I will not buy ten sauces from hundreds on display for a dish.... I will do with what I have in the pantry.... I am not authentic except for the Family Recipes! I have many heirloom Bengali recipes to share with you which I cook, click..... I do not know why they have to sit for long in the mobile photo album and why I have to blog about something which others do better. 

Then this healthy dish CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN MIXED SAUCE had such a magic spell that the morons at this home ate it without any other sides.... they love frill free dishes, even one pot meals! The senior is not fond of tomato sauce / ketchup, hence I have to use it less in my cooking! So far the "healthy" quotient is concerned.... how much it is from the  concern  for my men and how much for my "dream" to be like those "Dilbar" girls .... is a doubt! I watch those type of songs..... immediately go into depression! I vow to cook and eat healthy.... remove the rice bowl and chop some salad.... thats when may be a super jealous Ipsita or her kinds would message... "Rajdhani te bhalo ilish pelam".... The next morning I have to set out with my trolley..... get some mutton / lamb too.... "Dilbar" girls get archived and I am all set to cook my loves humming "tere sang badalon sa, badalon sa, badalon sa udta rahoon"..... question is with whom do I wish to? I do have the ability to romanticise with any element of nature! What else could I do? You know well I had been indoctrinated for ages now not to fantasise males but only "hot to handle stuffs kinda girls".... I trained the husband too..... with some "wine-shwine" both the parents at this home watch "bidi jalai de"..... the night before the son has a chemistry examination! This is a reason why the son scored 86 in Chemistry and the other kids may be a 95-98! 

You are right my readers.... I cannot digest the fact that the son secured a 81 in English Literature and 86 in Chemistry.... In the last PTM.... the subject teachers told he would get more! He was doing consistently bad in Economics and Biology, an 87 and 80 in them is still acceptable! A mother will have a mother's soul ..... hence an Oriental style chicken dish .... he eats double the rice, I sweat less in the kitchen.... though I love every drop of that sweat! The hot and happening girls will never leave this "commitment" phobic soul, the lady visits the gym at 8 pm yesterday.... sweats a lot and then does the blunder of going out of the main gate, crossing the road and having a cup full of sin..... I love it since the Kolkata days.... why? May be because it costs 1:70 sing dollars! What I sweated out goes in to the deep blue sea! "jirey-lanka guro diye ilisher jhol" smiles devilish... sings I am yours truly "dilbar dilbar.... ha dilbar.... dilbar"..... I know I will die of any one of these conditions... diabetes, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol.... For a foodie, life cannot be limited to salads and soups.... and Bengali food habits do not epitomise with the health quotient ..... mummas fry "bora-pakora" at 10pm!



This CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN MIXED SAUCE is a no sweat cooking, in fact I was sweating to name it... ever since I read big URLs are unwelcome .... it has become a headache..... you all know how much I hate to think! I can cook everyday and such fresh.... "cook and ready to be served" ... then its a mental block to even think of not cooking heirloom Bengali in my kitchen, neither can I survive on anything else.... the men has to accept my cooking.... That should not be a problem as long I do not feed them boney fish and serve "panchmeshali tarkari" with paratha instead of rice.... I know the tricks by now! Anyway, I do force our son to eat "desi" vegetarian dishes wondering how his life is going to be, will they have any stuffs in the kitchen to cook at all? What I know is that he will have a girl as a partner.... whether they marry or live together that too I do not know! As of now, I can share this easy recipe of CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN MIXED SAUCE done with few ingredients and simply!

Vegetarian lovers, you can check with this pure vegetarian "Doi Begun" done with yogurt, mustard seed-green chilli paste and eggplants. Click the heading / link below!

DOI BEGUN



INGREDIENTS :

Boneless Chicken Cube : 500gm [I used stir fry cut]
Small Cauliflower Floret : 1medium cup
2-3 inch Thick Carrot Roundel : 1small cup
Cubed Onion : 1/3small cup
Minced Garlic : 1tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce : 1/4small cup
Tomato Ketchup : 2tsp
Soya Sauce : 1tbsp
Black Pepper Powder : 1tsp
Lemon Juice : 2tbsp
Corn Flour : 1/4tsp
Salt : As Required
Oil : 2tbsp
Chopped Spring Onion to garnish!

PROCEDURE :

Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly, drain the water and marinate with little salt, 1/2tsp black pepper powder, lemon juice and keep aside for 45 minutes!

Take the skinless, round cut, washed carrot and the cauliflower florets in a microwave proof bowl. Add water and little salt.... microwave at high for 3 minutes. Once done strain the water else the colour of the carrot will go!

Wash and drain the cubed onion, minced garlic and the chopped spring onions taken in separate bowls.

Take the mentioned amount of the 3 sauces and the remaining black pepper powder in a cup and mix well.


Heat oil in a wok and add the minced garlic. Stir at high heat for 1/2 a minute. Add the cubed onions now. Stir at high heat for a minute.

Add the marinated chicken pieces discarding the marinade. Stir fry at high heat for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cover cook for 6-7 minutes.

Open cover and add the cauliflower florets and carrot roundels, add a small cup of warm water. Stir for a minute and add the prepared sauce. Adjust the salt if required!

Mix everything well and cook at medium to low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the corn flour and quick stir! We should be done! 

Transfer to a bowl, garnish with chopped spring onion and enjoy with steamed rice and salad.... hot and fresh!




No comments :

Post a Comment