I did not click decent pictures of this condiment, neither thought of blogging about it. It was after tasting it with bread, mushroom months back I realised its tasty. Now, there's something about "store bought".... in one row I see variety, quality of brands, sauces, price ranging from 2$ to12$. I am miser, I settle for 4-5$ one, was just thinking how about preparing basic sauces at home like this CHILLI GARLIC TOMATO SAUCE or green chilli sauce.... I mean we can make sauces, chutneys, pickles that require minimal ingredients. We should do them in small batches at regular intervals, try them alongside rice, bread varieties, in wraps. Trust me its good idea, sauces take less time to prepare, vinegar alone plays role of preservative avoiding chemicals. Considering pros, cons, my ample free time, I have started the wise exercise, would you?
I do not know why I am feeling restless today, it usually happens when people either target me or something that I love.... that can be a person, feeling, tribe, clan, my pride. You definitely can play matches among yourselves, world is place to meet varied people, shake hands, not at cost of sanctity of my courtyard.... I will not take time to retaliate if so. That may look silly of a 48 year old, I am whimsical. I will do what I think I should. I will tolerate attitudes only if one has helped me at one point in life, or may not at all; else you do not have anything to do in my life, at least in social media forums. Did not I dig a grave for my younger baby which happens to be my blog behaving like this? Oh yes, I know but I cannot be otherwise. I do not use my blog only for my recipes to reach heights of acceptability, I wish to make my life an open book doing it. I am not being able to reach amount of readers I wish to is true, after son gets settled down in life in few years, I may look for an editor / proof reader who would turn my miserably poor English & Grammar to decent something, be able to give me pleasure to see my life, cooking in print. Oh God! Day-dreamers hardly reached anywhere without effort. I see girls travelling alone around world, our mother made a dumb out of me, the scene she created when I travelled alone to Houston with our littler is unforgettable. This was because I stayed there alone at a hotel for three days as man't ship was late to reach port.
Was I at peace, confident there? I would have died out of fear if Amit & Ujjaini weren't there or newly wed Bangladeshi officer Harun, his wife had not being there in adjacent room in hotel due to join same ship. When I called mother to give her comforting news, she asked me to stay stuck to that honeymooning couple all day, just imagine. Now her daughter-in-law goes for training, seminar to other states, mom-in-law thinks she is desperate, smart.... tell me who made me this? BTW, taking pride saying that my brother's wife works at a leading school in Kolkata, teaches mathematics at middle school there should not cause bitterness in others, or saying that I manage my home pretty well with Dettol floor cleaner, incense stick considering it my temple doesn't mean I am taking dig at anyone.... I do not know why some souls are complicated, unconfident of themselves so they have to shout at every gathering how big they are. Lets be humble and let others speak good about us. Coming to me, my mother, husband are equally responsible making me worthless.... I know only homemaking, this guy isn't letting me start food home delivery business, our mother makes secret calls to people urging them not to bother, stress her girl .... secret because she still wants her girl to be spoon fed, secret because I do not want her to speak much, beyond a limit.
Our island is waiting for a long weekend, I don't believe in divide and rule policy ever since I learnt to take note of few things..... I have to go ahead with home-made, vegetarian sauce CHILLI GARLIC TOMATO SAUCE done with few ingredients like chilli padi, tomato, garlic, etc. You see I got scared looking at condition of my in-laws, I am more into home cooked food, keeping myself engaged in areas of interest. Their major problem is being mentally & physically idle which took severe toll on their physical health.
The son carried egg fried rice today in lunch-box, home-made bread pudding, apple in snack box. How old would have been my mother-in-law when her kids were at school? The father packed their lunch boxes everyday while mother slept till noon. He never uttered a word against her sedentary lifestyle, did he do any good to her? An active, self-sufficient, diligent person like him is scared to go to toilet alone today, why? The reason is that each morning his routine is same, better half talking about diseases all day, no friends coming in, no interest to visit people... is this healthy way of life?
Our father, champion of "bindasgiri" had "chompakoli" death, he went for morning walk, to his club to play bridge, never knew what mental illness is, laughed, chatted with son before going to ultimate comatose state. I want same life, death as our father, will pass off silently having "muri chanachur makha".... before d-day to cook for a week stacking enough food for my beloveds.
INGREDIENTS :
RED CHILLI : 5-6 [I USED CHILLI PADI]
RIPE TOMATO : 5-6
GARLIC CLOVE : 3-4 [BIG SIZED, ELSE 6-7]
DRY RED CHILLI : 2
CORIANDER SEED : 1/2TSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/4TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/4TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
SUGAR : 1TSP
CHAAT MASALA : 1TSP
VINEGAR : 1TBSP
PROCEDURE :
Dry roast cumin, dry red chilli, coriander on tawa for 1-2 minutes at low heat, once cool ground them to coarse powder.
Wash tomatoes, roughly chop. Wash red chillies or chilli padi, discard root end, half, take off the seeds. Peel, wash garlic cloves.
Take washed tomatoes, garlic, de-seeded chillies in pressure cooker, add 1 coffee mug of water to it. Add salt, turmeric.
Close lid, pressure cook at lowest heat up to 2 whistles. Take down, let cool.
Open lid, transfer entire content to blender. Add 1tsp of ground spices, chaat masala, salt as required, sugar, vinegar to it.
Blend at high for 3-4 minutes pausing in between. Strain through thin, white, clean cloth. We get this bliss home-made Chilli Garlic Tomato sauce, a yum condiment.



No comments :
Post a Comment