Monday, 19 August 2019

CHICKEN IN GREEN CHILLI SAUCE


Why did this recipe happen? Winglet, Wing Stick, Drumlet together in bowl, yellow coloured  green chilli sauce chicken? When guests visit, I usually don't add those pieces to curry I make for guests. About green chilli sauce, it was wrong choice. While in Kolkata, I had seen store bought green chilli sauces could not satisfy my taste bud. This I got home with hope few months back, got disappointed.... green chilli sauce instead of being hot had overpowering sour taste. If I want sour tone I would have tamarind sauce, would not want it in chilli sauce. I am planning to prepare few sauces, chutneys at home sooner, lethargy is not letting me get ingredients. I am unhappy with taste of "kasundi" we get here, I am not willing to get it from India fearing my dresses, specially saris may spoil, neither willing to consult ten recipes to prepare mine..... So I would do something with raw mango that we get throughout year, mustard seeds, green chillies, mustard oil, vinegar... share recipe in due course. I would also prepare better quality green chilli sauce. Quite irritated with store bought green chilli sauce, I thought of using half the remaining bottle to cook leftover drumlets, winglets, wing sticks of chicken days after get together. Thus this non-vegetarian, easy side dish of chicken CHICKEN IN GREEN CHILLI SAUCE was created. It is fine for an evening to be served with some brown rice, onion dal, semolina fritters, paneer stuffed tomatoes. Even if you are vegetarian, you can manage meal with rest of items. About yellow colour in green chilli sauce chicken, it's more about kitchen light, my poor knowledge of photography, it turned pale green after cooking actually.

It rains throughout year here, monsoon is between October, February. During this period it rains more, climate gets bit cooler. While many countries wrap themselves in heavy blankets, dab bottles of cold cream on their face, body, we use thin bed spread at night with fans on. Yes, my skin gets drier during this time, I fail to maintain decent skin care regime. I never had an interest, now lost it. I need to change my profile pictures in social media, people should know how I look "now"..... that too requires some preparations like plucking off greys from eyebrows, colour my hair. I consider that too much of a job, specially when I am occupied most of time with reading, cooking, having what I cook. 

All of a sudden, yesterday evening after a cuppa of fine Darjeeling, store bought snacks, I baked some egg free cup cakes. .... I must say cooking, writing, reading gives pleasure. The cup cakes went to their snack boxes today with mangoes.... can't stay off mangoes. What went to their lunch boxes is flatbread, okra tossed in crushed garlic. This foodie had to taste everything before starting to write this post.... how obsessed I am with food. Within an hour I would have 4-5 table spoon of muri with half mango, then around 3 pm I would have my kind of fish curry AAR DHONEPATA BATA JHOL with fox tail millet, around 6:30pm I must have coffee or tea with biscuits, around 10pm I would stop for the day having dinner with fox tail millet and 3 items of what I cooked on Saturday. Even Rujuta Diwekar can't do anything to my expanding belly. A swimming session of 50 minutes, walks alternately cannot be proportionate to this pattern of eating. If I eat healthy, joy of life would be gone. BTW, I did not like taste of snack, must do it at home sooner.





All above activities store enough energy in me to share recipe of this quick, easy non vegetarian meat dish CHICKEN IN GREEN CHILLI SAUCE. I remember there was little bit of spices used in it, major idea was to finish off remaining green chilli sauce with an addition of few ingredients of which onion, garlic were must. 

I although have a PAPAYA CHICKEN recipe in blog that doesn't use onion, yet good in taste..... I learnt it from Sanak...  since marriage I saw him, his elder sister doing experimental cooking. Okay, Sanak's wife also does, is chicken-o-phobic unlike me, I do not but she earns decent. We bond over one factor, both are submissive in nature.... I have decided to live my life without bothering much about happenings around, my joy is witnessing fulfilment of our son's dreams. Sanak's wife cannot live without people hovering around her. I can understand she needs people, an aura encircling her 24/7. 

Let us all live our lives in our own ways .... giving blind eye, deaf ear to anything that does not attract us. I have track record of not talking to my little brother an entire day as teen, I bathed him, fed him, combed his hair but forgot to talk. He was hurt, complained to parents. I am not Ms. Angelic S anyway. Let us proceed with recipe, pleasure always!


INGREDIENTS :

CHICKEN : 500GM MEDIUM SIZED
CRUSHED GARLIC : 1TBSP
SLICED ONION : 1SMALL TEA CUP
SLITTED GREEN CHILLI : 2-3
COARSELY GROUND BLACK PEPPER POWDER : 1TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2TSP
GREEN CHILLI SAUCE : 6-8TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3TBSP

PROCEDURE :

Wash, pat dry chicken pieces. Marinate with crushed garlic, coarsely ground black pepper powder, little salt for 30-45 minutes.

Heat oil in wok, add sliced onions. Fry them until golden brown. Add chicken pieces discarding marinade. Stir at high heat for 3-4 minutes.

Reduce heat to minimal, add marinade. Fold in, cover cook 10 minutes checking in between. We cannot let it burn, if water doesn't release, add little water.

Remove cover, add green chilli sauce, slitted green chillies, stir fry at low heat for 2-3 minutes.

Add 2 tea cups of warm water. Adjust salt if required. Fold in, cook uncovered at minimal heat for 5-6 minutes.

We are done. Have fresh, hot with rice. 

We had semolina fritters, paneer stuffed tomato, onion dal alongside. 

This is my choice dinner, could be best if there had crispy fried river water fish instead of chicken.








No comments :

Post a Comment