Thursday 6 May 2021

KASURI METHI CURRY PATA CHALER GURO SNACK



I ENJOY SELF MADE SNACKS THE MOST THESE DAYS; WHAT A SELF LOVING  PERSON THIS IS, NA?

I think it is worth, to cook yourself and enjoy having them. That way, every ingredient you are cooking with is in your control. You well know what tickles your tastebud and cook accordingly! What happened is the man does not wish to snack in between meals. This mother and her son immensely love it, the son has left home. Cristine too can survive without snacks, the otherwise slimmer self has a big tummy that bothers her a lot. I love food anytime even if people have a problem with my height and weight. The problem is I cannot deny that an obese self is a wrong self; that one should follow certain healthy rules in life. I am sorry that I cannot do away with all the pleasures with regards to food and stick to a stricter diet. I cannot allow a no-cooking or less-cooking environment in my kitchen. What else to do? What little I could do is I stopped getting "chanachur" and some other snack items at home. The man so loved "muri-chanachur" every weekend, totally stopped having! I feel whats the point buying big packets for me alone, most of them do not go with my tastebud! I prefer preparing sweets and snacks at home; as per my choice, using less oil. I am giving away about 11/3 packet of store bought uncooked French Fries to Cristine to take for her friends coming Sunday! 


I strongly felt I have to stop getting these frozen bags of cut potatoes. When we eat, we should do it fresh! Its no big deal to have it once a week or twice a month. Our parents were very much against outside food; misery is not the only reason; they really preferred home cooked food done with decent ingredients. My parental home always got "Ganesh er Agmark tel, moida and atta" too when they stopped getting it from the ration shop and had lend the cards to their house helps. Hence, I make my SNACKS fresh, this time with RICE FLOUR!

FAMILY WILL HAVE AN INFLUENCE ON YOU; YOU CANNOT BE AN ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT PERSON!

Perhaps, this is the reason why I am turning more towards home cooked food with each passing day! In fact, the man is more into home cooked food. He would either have what I cook or dine in proper restaurants, which are very expensive here. He is not fond of eateries; the reason why people here see me wandering alone on the weekdays. Since yesterday, he had been working from home. Cristine and him are having whatever I had cooked last Saturday with rice or hand made breads for their lunches; whilst I went out for my walks and having my lunches outside. From 8th of May, things will turn stricter in this island with the increase in few community cases. We are still not sure if the restrictions will be like last year's Phase-1 or be like Phase-2. My brother thinks I unnecessarily roam around the island; it is not like that, I go out because I hate indoor exercises except for dancing to Bollywood beats; swimming too do I enjoy. It is my food habit that is wrong. After a choice meal lunch; a sugar-free iced lemon tea is not an issue; but what you cannot see is I am having a Britannia's Dry Cake too; shall be having this re-heated RICE FLOUR SNACK with my hot cuppa and then a dinner! Now, do not ask me if I wished for those Jackfruits, I felt like that fox who never got his coveted bunch of grapes!






WHAT IS THIS VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE STUFF; KASURI METHI CURRY PATA CHALER GURO SNACK, MADE OF? 

 This is a few ingredient rice flour snack! As told earlier, I need some snacks and choice of biscuits with my tea & coffee. I do not enjoy the store bought ones these days. In fact, I cannot eat the ones I want; like the "South Inidan rose cookies, madan kotkoti, mishti sugar coated goja or badam", etc. I want sweet stuffs but cannot eat after having a little; I never did have a sweet tooth, now with restrictions, I can only have a little amount. The best is to make my own snacks. I won't say that this KASURI METHI CURRY PATA CHALER GURO SNACK is  something of HEALTHY SNACKING; but it uses very few ingredients and most importantly, less oil. Doctors always say, oil is the culprit. I am sure had I deep fried the snacks, they would have looked better. I do not know about the taste because I have loved it oven cooked. The roasted cashew nuts and raisins so much added to the taste; so did the crushed black pepper, curry leaves and dried fenugreek leaves with regards to the flavour. We must have it fresh & hot for the best taste!


INGREDIENTS : 

RICE FLOUR : 1 COFFEE MUG
CURRY LEAF : 10-12
DRIED FENUGREEK LEAF : 1 TBSP
BROKEN CASHEW NUT : 1 TBSP
RAISIN : 1 TBSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
WARM WATER : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


We will place a pan on gas top, heat it moderately and dry roast the rice flour for 4-5 minutes, add some salt to it! We would add warm water to the rice flour little by little and keep stirring. After about 3-4 minutes, we would transfer the dough to a bowl and add the freshly crushed black pepper!




In another wok, add 2 tsp oil, heat it mild and lightly toast the dried fenugreek leaves & the washed and towel dried curry leaves. Thereafter, we will add the broken cashew nuts and washed & towel dried raisins. We will stir cook at low heat for a minute and switch off the gas stove.

We will add the toasted mixture to the roasted rice flour including the oil. We will let it cool, else we burn our right hand palm and fingers. We will knead well the entire thing for 3-4 minutes.




We will grease our palms with oil & tear off small portions and shape each as we wish! I believe, the best taste comes from  deep frying them but I try to avoid that these days as much as possible! What I did was oven cooked the snacks in combination mode.

I had greased an oven-proof plate with little oil, placed the snackers on it and brushed little oil all over them.




Mine is a convection mode oven. I had placed the low height wired stool inside and placed the plate atop. I had cooked them in microwave+grill mode at 300 power for 10 minutes. I did not  require to turn over and cook again!



Your hot cuppa session gets better with this vegan, gluten-free, less oil snack!








1 comment :

  1. Homemade snacks are always better and we prefer it alot however children like storebought snacks. Rice flour idea is good option instead of the wheat flour. So far i have not tried it. But we should think it. Your recipe looks healthy. Happy Mothers day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete