Monday 18 March 2024

VEGETARIAN LADOO CAKE


IT MAY NOT BE MY INNOVATION BUT I AM LOVING IT!

I am talking about the cake I am going to blog about today. I have seen "bonde paratha" doing the rounds in the social media, I have seen state of the art ladoo cake in the internet, I cannot be that decorative, neither can eat that amount of sweet. My initial plan was to get an oats cake to the blog today, but looking at the dates of various occasions around, it felt let me share something more of relevant to the Dol Purnima / Holi celebrations. Of course, this suits on an Iftar table. The oats cake can come for the Easter. The actual fact is that I have got a box of ladoo last week and only I had to eat them. Cristine is not fond of desi sweets, the man would not eat anything extra than the bread, noodle, pasta & rice meals the entire Ramzan month, he would have the breakfast and leave for the office without his lunch box, he would eat the dinner thereafter. There is no room for sweets after his limited intake of whisky or beer each night. Sweets & Fruits are only packed with his lunch box at this home. He had been travelling since yesterday morning. Cristine went for her off day yesterday. Tell me what to do all day? I too found the sweets too high in sugar, I cannot eat much of the store bought sweets, I can do them better. This idea to use the ladoos in a cake, popped up all of a sudden. I thought I need not have to add sugar either. It feels bad to eat something without sharing it with the son & the man. Also, the senior of the men would be travelling often now onwards, thats what he says. I cannot live without all my pleasures. Food gets me the necessary high.

AS PART OF OF MY PLEASURE TRIP, BELOW ARE WHAT I DID!

What I eat in a day is pretty alarming, they are all high in starch food. Within the limitations of my inability to eat clean, I try to adapt to certain healthy habits. I try to fry the potatoes in the air frier or in the grill mode using few drops of oil. May be I do not eat this amount of potatoes on a regular basis.





My lunch was broccoli-onion-pasta with a cheese slice atop yesterday. Even when I would have lonely meals, I would arrange it well. Because I am not a good pasta maker or pasta is not among my topmost favourite food, I had to eat a bit of oats+homemade yogurt+palm sugar post the meal. I even love too much a bowl of muesli, do not allow myself; the muesli mix would be high in sugar. At night, I preferred a vegetarian meal. How I love a "dal-aloo bhaja" meal. These days, I love my choice of vegetarian dishes too. I was also watching a series on Hoichoi, Cristine came home pretty late. And today is another day. I miss the early morning & evening time chitchat with the man. About the son, I had to let go for his good but his parents have be together at one place. The kids too are at peace when they see their parents are not fighting much.  And now let us see what I had for my first meal today. It was a blunder. I had soaked some small pearls of Tapioca to prepare "sabodana khichuri", the pearls melted almost. I prepared a paste of it, ginger, green chilli, salt, refined flour; added some fruit salt & water, made those dosa crepes. You can see some were rightly done, some weren't.


The measurements of the ingredients in a dosa batter is important, I want my dosa to be crispy & thin. I cooked that "aloo-peyaz-roshun bhaja" in the air frier using few drops of oil.

WHAT IS THIS VEGETARIAN LADOO CAKE?

As told in the beginning, I was finding the store bought ladoo sweet having too much of sugar, I use way less of sugar in my homemade sweets. After using the ladoos in this easy bake VEGETARIAN LADOO CAKE, I felt I made good use of what was seeming to me too sweet. What brings satisfaction to me is that I used few ingredients that are always present in our kitchen, even the flavouring agent is a natural cinnamon powder. I think I did not do anything, the cake got baked by itself. I do not think you need to add any extra amount of sugar in the cake batter, I did not. If you want you may add the sugar but remember, the ladoos or bonde whatever you are using are good enough substitute for the sugar.

Few other easy recipes from the Blog are these : STOVETOP COCONUT CAKEBANANA FRITTERMICROWAVE CHOCOLATE KIWI CAKE


INGREDIENTS :

REFINED FLOUR : 1 COFFEE MUG
LADOO SWEET : 5-6 [ALTERNATIVELY BENGALI BONDE 250 -300 GM]
BOILED MILK AT ROOM TEMPERATURE : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
PLAIN YOGURT : 5-6 TBSP
BAKING POWDER : 1/2 TSP
BAKING SODA : 1/4 TSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TSP
OIL : 4-5 TBSP
I DID NOT USE SUGAR OR HONEY, YOU MAY.

PROCEDURE :


We will take together the refined flour, baking soda, baking powder & the cinnamon powder, mix well.

We will break the ladoo sweets pressing gently, if using bonde sweet then this step is not required.

In a blender, we with take together the milk, yogurt, oil and blend until incorporated well.

We will add it to the flour mix and beat well for 5-6 minutes.

We will add the maximum of the sweet balls to the batter leaving a little. We will give a stir and not beat.

We will grease a cake tin with few drops of oil and pour the batter into it. We will tap the cake tin on the kitchen counter to level the batter. 

We will add the rest of the sweet balls on the top layer of the batter, tap again.

Mine is a convection mode microwave oven, I did place the low height wired stool inside, preheated at 160*C.

Thereafter, I did place the cake tin atop the wired stool and baked at 160*C for 20-21 minutes.

Temperatures vary in different machines, the time taken may be less or more in your's.

Enjoy a slice with your choice of beverage.









 

1 comment :

  1. Hi there, I'm new to your blog and loving it. I hope you might like mine. I've never heard of Ladoo cake, but it sounds delicious. I'm fascinated by it, something really different for me. I'll have to track down the Ladoo sweet. Thanks for this recipe.Take care, Pauline

    ReplyDelete