Monday 14 March 2016

EGGLESS WHOLEWHEAT BUNDT CAKE



Let me not start with those cliched words of how poor a baker I am and I still try my hands on it. Let me be positive and say I am learning each day to do better and the whole experience is an enriching one. Not only that, but as a person I have become bit more positive, looking at things in a newer perspective. Thanks to a chanting practice I am doing on a friend's recommendation, life seems happier. So, every week I do some kind of baking, with a growing teen at home we need to keep a variety of food in store, the mamma thing prefers  homemade ones.

Today, I very much wished to blog on this Eggless Wholewheat Bundt Cake that I prepared yesterday evening. Doing so, I have poured all my heart into it. When we do something with love, it cannot go wrong. I so much wished to weave a beautiful story surrounding this Eggless Wholewheat Bundt Cake but life has taught me...... some stories remain best unspoken. Let certain things be treasured as memories and we move forward with new hopes, aspirations. I prepared this bundt cake with wholewheat for two reasons.... I was running out of enough amount of refined flour. Secondly, I wanted to see how a whole wheat cake turns out. I decorated them with white chocolate coins and strawberries as I had them in store.

I wished to share with everyone today itself how simply we can do it. I tried to provide stepwise pictures for it. Let us do it.

INGREDIENTS :
Whole Wheat Flour : 2 big cups
Baking Powder : 2tsp
Cocoa Powder : 3-4 tbsp
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk : 100-150 ml
Full Cream Milk : 1/3 cup
Vinegar : 2tsp
Butter : 1/2cup[softened at room temperature]
Oil : 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence : 1-2tsp

METHOD :
Preheat oven to 180*C.

Take the wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a large bowl and mix together well.

In another one, take the butter and sugar and beat well till both are well incorporated.

Now add the milk and beat well. Add the condensed milk. Beat well. Add the vinegar and beat well again. The mix look as below.



Now little by little add the flour mix and keep beating. It will look as below.



After all the flour has been poured in, we will beat further for 5 minutes. The mix will look as below.



Now we will grease the cake tin with few drops of oil. Pour in the cake batter onto the mould. It looks as below.



Bake at 180*C for 40-42 minutes in convection mode. At this stage you need to adjust time according to your oven.

Let us enjoy it with tea or with a scoop of ice cream.



18 comments :

  1. Wow! Eggless Whole Wheat Bundt Cake looks fantastic, healthy and super delicious Soma.. Yum yum..

    This quote perfectly suits with your beautifully presented healthy cake..

    "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." ~ Oprah Winfrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment...that is such beautiful quote...and thank you always Deepa....

      Delete
  2. Cooking with love is the joy and pleasure. I see the amount of love that has gone in this fabulous cake. In my house, there are no takers for sweet stuffs including myself. So my baking utensils has been rusting for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly so... oh is it ....that is good for health though not having sweets...Thanks so much....

      Delete
  3. Soma, so you are actually into baking now. This looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Balvinder... just trying the simple ones... whats up in your front...need to see.....

      Delete
  4. looks absolutely delicious..perfect chef Soma :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole wheat bundt cake looks fantastic and so inviting Soma... The step wise pictures makes it all come alive as always. You are an amazing cook, now a great baker too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anupama, not great but love cooking really...

      Delete
  6. This bundt cake is calling my name, Soma! So yummy and love the fact this is eggless and made with wheat flour. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you pls tell how much grams is 1 cup that you have used for wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me to a festive mood.. tempting me as always

    ReplyDelete