Wednesday 4 September 2019

MULTIGRAIN ATTA POORI O SHUKNO MOSHOLA ALOO


Yesterday was my first attempt at multigrain atta / flour poori, few months back we switched over to this variety replacing whole wheat flour. All this while I was preparing either chapati or porota with this healthier variety of flour, was failing each time to get fluffy pooris / puffed breads. The fluffiness of luchi / poori is a must for me, if we are calling it puffed bread we need to work towards puffing it up. If I cannot do those icings and toppings atop cakes or not being able to explore different combinations of it, I should not call myself a baker. It is as simple as that. So, I just asked Cristine to add a teaspoon of baking powder to the semolina and multigrain flour mixture yesterday and I was able to do a fairly good job with the dough. However, I never thought of blogging on a vegetarian snack combo meal MULTIGRAIN ATTA POORI O SHUKNO MOSHOLA ALOO at this moment, so did not click the stepwise pictures. It was when I prepared the dry spiced potato dish for myself and Cristine's lunch, I felt let us do some clicks, its worth sharing if the food taste good. So I did. I would always want to say one thing that a freshly made dough gives you the best result, I was finding it difficult in the afternoon.... experts may manage better.. I am not one. The clicks could have been made better but I think I was more in a hurry to eat, then later at night I knew what was making me restless unknowingly .... one diamond earring of mine got a miss in the swimming pool perhaps. I am prejudiced, I have heard it brings bad omen. I think I have to be less explicit about my family and life in public. Not everyone can be happy and feel sad along with me ..... I was never this expressive, why am I even looking for mental support in people who may not want to be my friend, more interested to play different mind games at my back. I needed some brain truly. It is the final school year for our ward and I wanted some peace around for the safe passage of our child for a better him.

However, food always give me the necessary high and a wise, cool husband. He never scolds at my stupidities. Although he told he would compensate me, he would not unless I pester continuously which I am poor at. I am always like come to me if you need me, do not put me through tests and play tricks on me. My husband has not tried anything nasty on me ever, he shouts and shuts the case. It is me who broods, broods and broods over one issue, then weep and wipe and sit to eat. Either I remain prime to the people who I give my heart, else get lost... play, dance, merry, kiss.... spare me your tricks please.... the reason why I prefer few elderlies in my life .... they seem easier to me to mingle because I am considering myself a step forward to join that group sooner. I mingle less because I cannot tolerate people sugar coating their words, I finally get to know the lies. I will talk to you genuinely and as much as required.... that pouring the heart in to the wrong bowls should stop.... I mean something, people get something and hit me back.... why not, they have more friends with similar bent of mind and intellect may be. How can people shamelessly use and play with other's feelings I really do not understand. Eating more is also a time pass for me.... I have to go a little light today, yesterday I had a lot of food.... that heavy lunch with the vegetarian snack platter MULTIGRAIN ATTA POORI O SHUKNO MOSHOLA ALOO, it was when I was having murukku with tea, I discovered that I have lost my earring.... search was on, in between that I made that "mash kolai er dal" and Cristine those crispy cauliflower and egg plant fries. We had to finish that steamed egg and potato curry too.... who wants egg, if I get "bhaja bhuji"...



Cristine's ma'am is trying to be a gardener in vein.... just waiting for the next year to read more on it. The pleasures of life would go, our baby would go off home.... he is there today.... early morning the curtains are on, the television set is on.... mumma gets irritated but enjoys his company which would get rare with time.... she is not too keen to exhibit his hairy leg.... her eyes may not be fairly trained na?



Let me but share with you a favourite kind of family meal. I act in accordance with what needs my attention at this time if only it does not miss my eyes.... most of the things around may get missed.... I do not hunt around and act to get people towards me.... the best IQ-ed people should unite but without using my sentiments. With each passing day, I am learning to expect less from people, I know they do not have the ability to be clean to people as me which I attribute to my blunt self "manushke bajano amar shobhabey nei." Let me finish off the post and at least go and report to the office.... we are not a rich home that we would not  feel sad.... do not know why the husband is not bothered, a diamond studded earring is lost.



INGREDIENTS FOR THE MULTIGRAIN ATTA POORI :

MULTIGRAIN ATTA FLOUR : 2COFFEE MUG
SEMOLINA : 2-3TBSP
BAKING SODA : 1TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 1TBSP + 100-150ML TO DEEP FRY [I USE GHEE]

INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRY SPICED POTATO 

ROUGHLY CUBED BOILED POTATO : A BOWLFUL OR AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENT. [2BIG SHOULD BE FINE FOR A NUCLEAR FAMILY]
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 2TBSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1/2TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1/2TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1/2TSP
CHAAT MASALA : 1TSP
LEMON JUICE : 2TBSP
CUMIN SEED : 2PINCH
SLITTED GREEN CHILLI : 1OR 2
OIL : 2TBSP

PROCEDURE :


The potato sabzi making was impromptu, I like how the non-Bengali homes prepare their potato curries, was trying one of them using a rough idea and it clicked.

Wash, boil, peel the potato in your own convenient way and drain the water. Roughly cube and marinate with salt turmeric and 1/2 of the lemon juice. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.

Heat oil in a wok and temper with the cumin seeds. Add the marinated boiled potatoes and give a stir.

Add the cumin + coriander + red chilli powder and stir. Sprinkle 1/2 a small tea cup of water and stir for 2-3 minutes at medium to low heat.

Add the remaining lemon juice, washed & slitted green chillies, chaat masala, washed & chopped coriander, stir for 1/2 a minute. We are done.


Let us do the Multigrain Atta Flour Poori now.


Take the salt, baking powder, multigrain atta and semolina in a bowl, mix well.. Add little water at a time and keep kneading.

When it is 80% done, add 1tbsp oil and keep kneading. We would need some 10-12 minutes to get the proper dough. Keep covered for 15 minutes.

Tear off small portions, add a drop of oil and roll out round pooris.

Heat enough oil in the wok. Deep fry each puffed bread / poori as you see below.


Is not that a wonderful meal idea, my family eats vegetarian when they get this kinds? Do not forget your pickle.






2 comments :

  1. Nice you are able to do the step by step pictures now Soma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I try to provide stepwise pictures for most of them if not for all of them! Who is it? Do we know each other?

    ReplyDelete