Friday 22 November 2019

TANDOORI MOSHOLAI MUCHMUCHE MAACH O DRY FRUIT BHORA MOONG DAL DHOKA


We had a relaxing midweek yesterday, the husband was at home, the weird boy was back from the school in time.... I was out for few hours but managed to cook up a meal for the four of us by 9:30pm. We have a lot of cooked food in the refrigerator but yesterday we had to have some fresh food. The initial plan was to go out or order through Food Panda but you all know how I enjoy cooking, more because Cristine helps so much. Or may be because I inherited the love for cooking from the family veterans of my side. I actually prefer eating out over the weekend. The men at home like this type of platter which has less of curry. Above is a meal that takes merely 11/2 hours but the preparation & arrangement have to be started early if you are aiming to serve it for dinner. The only thing missing was a warm dessert. I could not manage that. Maach Baja-Dal-Bhaat is one of the most common & loving staple for the Bengali kids of our times, my men love it too alongside a "big ball of aloo sheddo." We eat such meals at intervals but yesterday I did not wish to serve that minimal and why should I? I do not go out to work and come back home tired! Neither I am crazily lazy and in the habit of sitting all day and watching television or sleep. I enjoy what I do and this vegetarian and non vegetarian combo of side or snack TANDOORI MOSHOLAI MUCHMUCHE MAACH O DRY FRUIT BHORA MOONG DAL DHOKA. I served them with some Turmeric Rice and Cucumber+Onion Raita.

I love cooking that is an open truth now, that I would want to earn from this hobby of mine remains an unfulfilled wish till date. Blogging cannot be the major engagement for life, it should be my hobby. From end 2020, I do not wish to be called a mad, old, useless lady. That is when frustration creeps in, mediocre people will have this at one point in life, they lack the ability or guts to take risk, neither can they go and get into menial jobs. The reason why I could not continue to be a victim and take odd classes in a school when I knew I can teach better, neither I had the confidence to take up classes in the secondary section. I keep on telling people who allow me to that if you had already taken a long break from job, do not go and settle for less, start something of your own. 

At this moment, it feels like how beautiful it is to be able to do something from home without paying allegiance to anyone. I cook with that same feeling of freedom, the liberty to use ingredients of my choice inside my own den. I did exactly that yesterday night and got these two vegetarian cum non vegetarian beauty TANDOORI MOSHOLAI MUCHMUCHE MAACH O DRY FRUIT BHORA MOONG DAL DHOKA. See, I can give big talks on freedom may be because my man supports me, I know in what circumstances one has to compromise at the work place. What I do not understand is why should a professional.... an engineer or a doctorate should work for peanuts.... that feels too much of an insult to the concerned self. I must find out something for myself next year, then mumma has to keep herself free to travel to her baby in a day's notice. If you think too much, you get crazier. So, let us cook, eat and share. BTW, here is my plate;




INGREDIENTS FOR THE TANDOORI MASALA MARINATED FISH FRY :

ANY FLESHY BIG CATCH : 6-8 STEAK [I USED BENGAL CARP]
TANDOORI MASALA : 1TBSP [I USE EVEREST BRAND]
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1TSP
LEMON JUICE : 4TBSP
CORN FLOUR : 2TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 6TBSP

INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRY FRUIT YELLOW MOONG BEAN CAKE :

SPLIT YELLOW MOONG BEAN DAL : 2SMALL TEA CUP
CASHEW NUT : 2TSP
RAISIN : 1TSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/2TSP
GREEN CHILLI : 1 OR 2
TURMERIC POWDER : 1TSP
SUGAR : 1TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 5-6 TBSP TO FRY

PROCEDURE :

Let us prepare the DRY FRUITS MOONG LENTIL CAKES at first.


We will wash and soak the split yellow moong bean in enough hot water for 2 hours.


After 2 hours, drain the water and take the dal, green chillies, ginger extract in a blender. Blend it to a fine paste, add little water if required. We can never get that texture that our mothers and grand mothers got doing it in "shilnora." 



Heat the oil in a wok and temper with cumin seeds. Add the lentil paste, sugar, salt, turmeric powder!

Give a stir and add the roasted chopped cashew nuts & raisin!

Fold in everything well and keep stirring fast for 2 minutes. There should not be any lump left.






Transfer the entire thing into a greased bowl. Let cool, let it set for some half an hour. Turn it over a plate, cut into desired pieces, fry in little oil. But this time I cooked them in microwave+grill mode for 10-12 minutes at C-1, 300 power! We need to place the low height wired stool at first inside & on top of it the greased grill plate with the lentil pieces!






Now, let us do the SPICE MARINATED FRIED FISH now.


Wash the fish pieces, marinate with salt, wash thoroughly after half an hour! Then marinate with the turmeric, lemon juice, red chilli powder and tandoori masala. Keep aside for an hour. 
Just before frying, add the cornflour and coat well. Heat oil in a wok and fry both sides very well.









I served & had both alongside plain rice, ghee, salad.





No comments :

Post a Comment