Monday 22 June 2020

BUTTER TOSSED CHIREY BHAJA IN MICROWAVE


If I say I am feeling cold sitting in a tropical island in the month of June, I am not joking. The fan is switched off and I have wrapped myself in a bed spread. My "bori" batch is going to spoil, its raining for fifteen days now. I started off with the blog post late; the man is working from home today and I have no tension to finish off quick or whatever. For this freedom, I cook all day on Saturdays. None in the family apply this theory of mine, neither did I do so whilst my stay in Kolkata much. The son was young then. Now I do. Until Thursday, it will be just taking out at least three dishes for lunch and dinner each; cook rice or breads and eat. For breakfast, I keep buying and baking stuffs, do instant idli, appe, etc. The problem is to feed the senior breakfast on a weekday. If he is served mango, he still eats but I did not get mango this week; only litchi, dragon fruit, pear. The fun thing is if we had packed these same fruits and a cake in his snack box, he would have eaten but he has to skip breakfast whilst at home. The son is having luchi / puffed bread, fruit yogurt & dragon fruit.

I so fail to understand the senior till date. What I know well is I cannot repeat one thing more that two to three times; in that case he starts yelling at you. I tell him had it been these "new age girls", they would have not only seek a divorce but had gotten various other charges against you. Leave that. What got my concern is my addiction towards bread varieties for breakfast for the past several months which may not have proved good for my health. I will not spend extra bucks or go and hunt for keto bread. For the past two, three days, I had been trying to eat less and a bit healthy. This morning, I made this vegetarian, snack meal using just one bowl. Because I am a true heart Bengali, I enjoy beaten or flattened rice more than oats. Instead of frying, I roast or toast them in microwave adding a tea spoon of butter. I named it BUTTER TOSSED CHIREY BHAJA IN MICROWAVE.  Chirey is beaten rice in Bengali.

I have so many food photos with me whose recipe I wish to share with you. Then I must go by my whims. I wanted this easy to make snack to go to the blog today, I did. It takes few minutes you know, that too in a bowl. Thereafter, you can see I had it and dragon fruit for my breakfast.



Truly it feels less guilty. I just cannot skip meals neither do I think it is good for the body to do it. Last night I went to sleep thinking to have a fruit bowl this morning. Then I got skeptical if fruits & tea shall gel well. Actually, I research less, so never does comment on what is beyond my knowledge or capacity. What I can say is beaten rice may be just another form of rice, hence loaded with carb but I do not think it is too bad to have it in this form. We are not frying it in oil or took time to roast it in a wok on stove top. We can just add a tea spoon of butter, the rest of the cooking the microwave will do. We can add our choice of dry fruits & nuts to this easy snack BUTTER TOSSED CHIREY BHAJA IN MICROWAVE. I added walnut, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, raisins, roasted green peas.



INGREDIENTS :

BEATEN / FLATTENED RICE : 50GM
BUTTER : 1TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED TO SPRINKLE
BLACK PEPPER : 1/4TSP
DRY FRUITS & NUTS, SEEDS OF YOUR CHOICE, GREEN PEAS TO ADD

PROCEDURE : 

Take the beaten rice & butter in a microwave proof bowl.


Microwave at minimal heat for 30 seconds.


Take out and mix well.


Microwave at the lowest heat for a minute. Take out and add the broken nuts.


Mix well and microwave again at the minimal heat for 30 seconds.


Take out and add the salt & black pepper.


Mix well the entire thing and microwave again at the minimal heat for 30 seconds. Take out and add raisins, seeds, fried or roasted green peas, etc.


Have it with tea or coffee while it is still warm.


1 comment :

  1. As i said before, homemade snacks are always better! This snack goes well with our cup of Turkish tea. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete