Friday 7 August 2020

EASY SNACKER PUFF


This can be an wonderful snack idea with your tea / coffee. The question is how did I land at it? I actually come across a number of recipes each day, I follow so many wonderful food pages and bloggers. Some of the recipes appeal to me instantly, asap I know I will like it and my family too. That is when I try my hands on them. Either I get exactly what the original recipe says or I get something else taking a path which is convenient for me. Like this simple puffs are a result of following two different recipes, which were not at all puffs but croissants. I followed two croissant recipes and landed into a delicious, vegetarian, homely puff recipe EASY SNACKER PUFF. I always say, I do not bake like a pro. But what I share with you are fairly edible. Wow! the senior member at home who these days does not get time to have his share of fruits, sweets, bakes because of his evening time beer session and aversion to breakfast, took it from the container last evening and was having with his wine; Holy Jesus! was what I could whisper.

The sun shines very bright today. This year it had been raining way more than normal. Actually, it rains continuously between October and February in this tropical island. So, I am enjoying the sunshine that leaves a warm feeling on my skin. That sounds very contradictory sitting in a tropical clime; may be the layers of practicality in this world took a toll on my romantic self; I mean rain brings gloom to me and not poetry. Okay, it also makes me buy the herb our mother used to grow and batter fry them to perfection for us siblings, specially on Thursdays. We never were served cold food, she fried and served us immediately. So I do, I fried them for an hour; 9pm-10pm to get that crisp texture which stayed as long as for 45 minutes. Yes, I did click the pictures of it, shall get it in the blog; when I do not know.

I do not know if I can update the blog in a routined manner as I was doing all this while. I mean that weekly thrice thing may not happen for sometime now. I will cook less and simple. However, Blogging shall continue in a slow pace. In the personal front, things will not remain the same from the next month. I have to get adjusted to the new normal in my life first; get used to living with a constant fear concerning my own; then only I can think about my blog statistics, etc. You already have 850 recipes to choose from if at all you wish to cook my recipes. When I set loose for sometime; I continue to chat with my readers on my business pages; mostly concerning food. What I will cook and eat everyday, where I go, the eatery I sit; the experience shall be shared on my respective pages. As of now, let us share the recipe of a very simply made, vegetarian bake EASY SNACKER PUFF with you all. It may not look perfect as seen in a confectionary or how a pro makes it but its good. To make it flaky, I had to use a lot of butter which I did not. It tasted like a butter croissant but I could not shape it like a croissant. I took ideas from the following Page & Blog respectively for it :

Tiffin Box [https://www.facebook.com/kidstiffinbox/]
Sally's Baking Addiction [ a blog that shares wonderful bakes. Well, a few of my westerner friends too bake equally well, they eat paneer, idli, dosa too]



INGREDIENTS :

REFINED FLOUR : 11/2 COFFEE MUG
YEAST : 1 1/2 TSP
MILK : 1/3 COFFEE MUG OR AS REQUIRED [ AT ROOM TEMPERATURE]
BUTTER : 2 TBSP AT ROOM TEMPERATURE + 3 TBSP MELTED

I USED SALTED BUTTER, IF YOU ARE USING UNSALTED BUTTER, ADD 1/2 TSP SALT TO THE FLOUR.

I FORGOT TO ADD SUGAR TO THE FLOUR, YOU CAN ADD SOME.

PROCEDURE :

Take the flour and yeast in a wide mouthed big bowl.






Mix well and add 2 tbsp butter at room temperature.


 Mix and rub well for 3 minutes.



Add the milk little by little and keep kneading to get a smooth dough. This may take 7-8 minutes.




Cover it and keep in a warm place.



Rest it for an hour and open the cover.



Give a punch, knead for two minutes.



Tear off smaller portions and smoothen between palms.



Roll out each into round shape not too thin and cut into four pieces.



Brush each portion with butter.



Cristine shaped each one; we failed to get an exact croissant shape.



Grease a bake proof plate with butter, place the puffs on it and brush oil on each. Keep at rest for 10-12 minutes; they rise.



I use a convection mode microwave. I had placed the low stool required for baking inside and preheated the oven for 10 minutes at 180*C.



I placed the bake tray on it and baked at 180*C for 10 minutes. I took out the plate and brushed butter again.




I again placed it back atop the wired stool, baked at 180*C for 5 minutes. The finished goodie looked as below.



We enjoyed it with omelette and salad for our dinner. I suggest you to have it with jam, butter or as it is with tea / coffee.





No comments :

Post a Comment