Monday 7 December 2020

DOI BEGUN ER DIP



See, I cooked this VEGETARIAN PLATTER sometime last June and finally getting it to the Blog today. Of late, this kind of meals caught my fancy; Most of the days, we like simple meals on the table. I am very eager to share the very Bengali family vegetarian dishes, a dish with minced chicken I cooked recently and so enjoyed, a not at all family recipe with broccoli. Oh! Yes! we eat broccoli these days but I have to cook it my way to be able to have it; I do have a good recipe with it. I should have shared this recipe with EGGPLANT and YOGURT  a month or two back when it was a warm weather in our homeland or in the land our son is living as a student. After all, this is a COLD VEGETARIAN DIP needing to be enjoyed with any kind of bread. My own would like this CHUTNEY, DIP, SAUCE; DOI BEGUN ER DIP with any kind of bread I would prepare for them; we may not want it with cracker biscuits; you can.
Look at the sky, anytime there will be a downpour. It rains here all the year; October to February is the rainy season.


I also got hyper sensitive; what causes a heavy downpour inside, what makes me angry like hell, what irritates me; I have no idea. All my life, I had been irrational and short of brain; just half an hour back, I deleted my Youtube Channel; what made me do so, I do not know. But I wanted to get rid of it at this time, I did. It did not have any great content; yet it hurts to get away with anything that is your's. If ever I feel I can fill my channel with meaningful recipe and gardening videos, I will create an account. Until then, I will keep sharing any stupid video I make, on my promotional profiles. Isn't that a good idea? Please, say yes silently, in your mind, if you are reading this. Some people will know why I did so, what causes me irritation, pain; my biggest problem is I cannot let go; but I can get my wounded heart refurbished with food.




I keep eating in the eight hours window, to keep my spirits up. What else to do all day? The man loves to stay in office, there is an amounting pressure worrying about the son who has to spend a cold, snow clad winter sitting in his hostel room, no X-Mas, no New-Year Celebration for him; we usually stay in Kolkata during this time of the year. Not everything is perfectly hale and hearty in the Kolkata Chapter either; deleting a defunct YouTube Channel is not a big deal in this scenario. Rest, about the burns that pushes me to get whimsical? I will just get a Mac's Strawberry Sunday to nurse it, done!

After I am done with sharing this RECIPE in the blog and in public forums, this VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, OIL-FREE SIDE DISH; DOI BEGUN ER DIP, I will take up a cooking project based on something I ate and loved in an eatery last week. Mine will be a non-vegetarian take. Post lunch, at this time of the day; the body wishes to get into the sleep mode; but I do not want to allow it that. So, I chose this time to write my blog; reading is not happening at all but I will again make it regular in my life; else life gets to shrink. Have you already washed the eggplant and greased it with oil? We have to roast it. We also have to cook some potato fries and poori / whole wheat puffed bread. That is how we had this humble MEAL on that day!



The next morning, I had two of the pooris with coffee and a piece of bread. I did not start with intermittent fasting at that time.




INGREDIENTS : 

EGG PLANT / BRINJAL : 1 BIG, FAT [I USE THE DARK PURPLE BIG ONES]
PLAIN YOGURT : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
FRESH CORIANDER : 1-2 SPRIG
GREEN CHILLI : 2
BLACK SALT : AS REQUIRED
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
OIL : FEW DROPS TO GREASE THE EGGPLANT SKIN


PROCEDURE :

Wash & wipe the egg plant. Grease it with few drops of oil. Roast well, all sides on gas top in low flame.

Switch off the gas stove and keep the eggplant dipped in water at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Remove it's skin and discard the stem end.



Take it in a blender. Discard the root end of the fresh coriander sprigs, chop and wash. Add the washed green chillies and the chopped coriander to the blender. 


Blend together all for 2 minutes, pausing in between. 

Take the yogurt in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper powder.



Beat well with a hand beater for 3-4 minutes. Add the blended eggplant mixture and beat again well for another 4-5 minutes; use a manual, hand beater.

It should be ready to eat. Chill for half an hour before serving.







2 comments :

  1. Very nice recipe. Always love veg foods. Looks delicious. Will try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete