Monday 8 February 2021

CRISPY FRIED DRUMLET





WE LOVE FRIES & FRITTERS; BE IT A CHICKEN, FISH OR OF ANY VEGETABLE!

At times; it feels I can put anything to the hot oil in the wok; that is coated with a nicely made batter! We have the fear factor working within us; else each day, I would have fried something or the other for our meals or to have with our tea / coffee! Actually, it is me who wants some fries till date with my every shot of tea / coffee! After the son had left home, I thought I will almost stop frying stuffs! It did not happen. As I always say, if I force upon myself strict dietary rules; I will go into acute depression! If there is no food in sight around me, I cannot survive! Life would become dull sans food. Even when I am amidst nature to savour it's beauty; I must be supported by some food to stay longer there; to enjoy  it's beauty more. It so happened earlier, I preferred visiting a greenery that had nature's bounty of fruits & vegetables instead of a teak or pine forest! Now that we cannot see any travel scene around for us; let us do a platter like this frill free fusilli & fried chicken; this CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN and create a relaxed ambience at home!

WHAT DO I DO ALL DAY? COOK, EAT, RELAX, ROAM; REPEAT!

A little of bloom here & there makes me happy! I think I will stop trying my hands on vegetables; constant failures are making me unhappy. I think, easy blooms that does not require much care, just suits me. The situation is such, I no longer can sustain without a bit of greens around me! What you see below are a few "nayantara" and a beautiful "jaba" / hibiscus variety in my space!




I cannot grow a flower garden as is in my parental home; thats too much of work! I have seen what it takes to preparing the flower beds and then the care! I have always remained a mediocre fearing hard work, concentration! I never lack sincerity! If I am entrusted with some work, I do it! But thinking of people wanting to assign me some serious responsibility; I am just in an escape spree these days! If you are not in a learning mode; you cannot excel anyway!

CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN; THE QUICKEST MEAN TO SEE HAPPY FACES AROUND!

How I miss our baby when I cook his extremely favourite food! I also know, he must be eating a fusilli, penne or macaroni & FRIED CHICKEN  at every other meal. I would have been happier if he ate a light chicken curry with rice or chapati, instead!A grilled chicken sandwich too should be fine! Actually, both of us are wondering at his weirdly behaviour. So eagerly are we waiting to meet him and solve this issue of his constant aversion to talk beyond the requirement! I keep myself engaged to overcome the excess of worries, I have to live! This was the meal I cooked earlier last November! Yes, some days we eat different than usual Bengali! Back in between  2001 & 2007, we lived in one Kolkata suburb, where just after the dusk, a vendor who called himself a Nepalese used to sell BATTER FRIED CHICKEN whose coating I used to love. May be on Mondays or Wednesdays, he was seen in that area! When I would go for a stroll with my toddler, I would buy some days! Apparently, he told me about the batter mixture on asking; based on which I prepared these chicken fries! We had it with a frill free fusilli-green beans-carrot-onion dish tossed in oil & black pepper, lemon juice. This is how I like my noodles & macaroni! Let us share the recipe of the chicken appetiser today, while I am still having a bowlful of sweet pineapple. I need it for cooking something tonight!








INGREDIENTS FOR THE BATTER :

REFINED FLOUR : 1 SMALL TEA CUP SIZED
CORNFLOUR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP SIZED
RED CHILLI POWDER : 2 TSP
GINGER & GARLIC PASTE : 2 TBSP OR 2TSP OF GARLIC & 1TSP OF GINGER
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
WATER : AS REQUIRED

INGREDIENTS FOR THE FRIED CHICKEN DRUMLET :

THE BATTER
CHICKEN WINGLET : 10-12 PIECE
LIGHT SOY SAUCE : 1 TBSP
ALL PURPOSE SEASONING : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS LITTLE AS REQUIRED
LEMON JUICE : 2 TBSP
OIL : 250 ML TO DEEP FRY

PROCEDURE :

My initial plan was to prepare "Drums of Heaven" which takes me to the Seventh Heaven; each time I have it. I think I have to know about the sauce mixture it uses; exactly which ingredients went in! Because, I do not spend quite a few dollars for a dish; insist that I will cook with what I have in my kitchen, let us simply the job!


At first, we will wash the wing sticks or drumlets thoroughly. We will marinate the pieces with lemon juice, all purpose seasoning, crushed black pepper, light soy sauce, a little of salt! We have to keep in mind that both the all purpose seasoning & soy sauce have salt present in them!

I kept it at rest, covered for at least 3-4 hours; this helps us get super soft, smell free, juicy chicken fries!


We will take all the ingredients mentioned under "preparation for the batter", and add water little by little to prepare a thick paste! The all purpose seasoning container & the light soy sauce bottle got missing in the picture.


Once the batter is prepared, we will keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. So, we will prepare the batter about 15-20 minutes before starting to fry!


We will dip each chicken piece in the batter; coat well with the batter and add gently to the wok; in which we have heated the oil!

At this point, I felt the paste could be a little thicker; the Nepalese vendor gentleman's batter was a thicker paste, I remember!



We will fry all the sides well; at minimal to low heat! We will fry them in batches depending on the size of our wok!


We must eat it fresh & hot! On that day, we had it with fusilli cooked with few vegetables, crushed black pepper, lemon juice & oil!








 

2 comments :

  1. Woow very nice combination. Looks really yummy! Chicken base dishes are always my favorite dishes. When i was a child i loved them and now love them too. You have a beautiful home-plants with flowers. I like that hoby too. I have tried to grow lemon/orange plant at home for 2 years but its feeding andgrowing is really difficult at home. Now i have a 15cm lemon/orange plant but not sure whether it is continue to grow in this spring or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I do not at all have a green thumb and do not have enough space to grow what I wish to! I wish to grow greens but lack the knowledge!

      Delete