Monday 28 June 2021

KATA O GURO MOSHOLAI KUCHO MURGI


IF I AM TO HAVE CHICKEN; I AM TO HAVE CHICKEN MY STYLE!

I am not a hardliner in most of the matters, I think. With regards to food, I am not a quitter. In the past few years; I have lost interest in chicken, gradually in mutton too! I think, not getting the Kolkata variety of them is one major reason. The other reason is our age; the senior rightly says our tastebuds do not accept meat much as we age. This is no new in the Indian, non-muslim households. At least, in our family, among the relatives; I have noticed after a certain age, they quit or lessen the quantity of meat intake. I think following the latter is wiser. Why should we quit a food ingredient unless the doctor asks us to? Okay, I was asked to quit any kind of meat altogether back in 1994; I could not. Those days, I used to immensely love meat. Till date, I couldn't quit meat. What I do is I bring them less. After the son left home for his college, we have no reason to get chicken & mutton frequently! Although, I buy meat every week for my clients, I do not cook for ourselves or may be I cook few pieces; say half a chicken or 500 gm of mutton! We have a Cristine too whose heart is not fulfilled with tyangra, pabda, rui, ilish alone! She has adapted to Bengali / Indian Cuisine does not mean I expect the maximum of sacrifice from her. I think she eats her quota of beef & pork when she goes out on Sundays! I cannot have chicken with lots of onion & garlic pastes added in it. I enjoy it in simply made curries. Oriental Style chicken dishes are my anytime pleasure!

CHICKEN ER AMI, CHICKEN ER TUMI!

Yes, I need some light jokes to bring myself back to life; after a heavy lunch, every other minute my eyelids are betraying. I want to write and finish off a blogpost in time, I am so unable to! I have trained myself hard not to take an afternoon nap but your family has it's stamp all over you. The family women or say, it had been a part of Bengali daily life to lie down for few hours after lunch and wake up before the evening tea / coffee time! There had a reason; these women worked hard for the household; no one calculates or values a homemaker's sweat is a different issue. But look at me! I live with a whole time help and still want to sleep in the day time! I had walked only 5.5 km today, yet feels lethargic. I was trying to eat a healthy lunch; but to drive away the untimely sleep; I already ate one malpoa and a narkol er sandesh; HOMEMADE!



Now, I am thinking what was the point heading back home, taking a shower, doing the afternoon prayer and cooking a healthy lunch if I had to have two sweets thereafter? Can you see the self-made tomato-corn soup and gram-flour crepes? I dislike chilla and cook them bad; I liked them today, somehow. In the morning, I had two pieces of bread, after an hour I would have two-three air-fried onion rings & a vegetarian curry puff with my coffee; and retire to the bed having me cooked Bengali food without any amount of rice or roti! I cannot sleep without having my bowl of dal! It seems, I cannot ever overcome my eating disorder syndrome and eat clean! I liked having that soup but ask me who am I? I am exactly what I ate for lunch yesterday! It was dried Bombay Duck with egg plant; raw papaya with coconut, roasted moong lentil curry with brown rice. I did get for the man a chicken & omelette rice meal from Riverside Indo Grill, stationed at our neighbourhood mall's food court!




Litchis are good after meal dessert, aren't they? 

WHAT IS KATA O GURO MOSHOLAI KUCHO MURGI?

What is KATA MOSHOLA? I consider it CHOPPED SPICES instead of a paste! What is GURO MOSHOLA? It is SPICE POWDERS! I think I came across many such one pot meat recipes with the marination done at one go with spice powders & chopped raw spices and cooked in a pot. I guess these are innovations of & for busy homes! I liked the idea before and have one or two recipes with meat chunks; in the blog! A few months back, I tried the same trick using MINCED CHICKEN and was born this NON VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, CHICKEN RECIPE; KATA O GURO MOSHOLAI KUCHO MURGI! May be there are similar recipes, already existing in the blog, I did not consult any! I enjoyed it because it is a SIMPLE, LIGHT, SOUPY CURRY. But I must have the full platter to enjoy the meal fully! That "mulo diye bhaja moong er dal & fulkopir dalna" I must have for a fulfilling experience! By now, I could get over the "gum ghum bhab"; absolutely cannot give up the idea of having the snacks with my coffee, that definitely kills your system! I cannot give up my pleasures altogether!




INGREDIENTS :

CHICKEN MINCE : 300-400 GM
DICED GARLIC : 1 TBSP
SLICED ONION : 1/2 MEDIUM TEA CUP
DICED GINGER : 1 TSP
SLITTED GREN CHILLI : 2-3
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 2 TBSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1/4 TSP
GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER : 2 PINCH
CLOVES POWDER : A PINCH
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
BAY LEAF : 1
LEMON JUICE : 2 TBSP
OIL : 2 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED

PROCEDURE :


We will wash the chicken mince well taking in a strainer, under running water! Then, we are to marinate it with salt, turmeric, lemon juice, slitted green chillies, sliced onion, diced ginger & garlic! We will keep it covered for an hour!


After an hour of the marination, we will heat the oil in a wok and temper it with a bay leaf!


We will add the marinated chicken mince to it along with the marinade and give a stir!


Thereafter, we will add the cumin+coriander+red chilli+cinnamon+green cardamom+cloves powders and fold in well!



We will cover cook it at minimal heat for 12-15 minutes. Removing the cover, we can see a considerable amount of water has released! We need not add any extra water if so!


We will add the chopped coriander and fold in well! 


After a minute or two, we will take it off the gas stove and serve it with breads or rice!







 

1 comment :

  1. Actually more spicy dish is more delicious dish! Many chefs said that "spices add different taste to dish and they cöok dish without heat". This recipe looks great. We use ginger powder, cumin, cinnamon alot.

    ReplyDelete