Thursday 19 August 2021

AIR FRYER RAW BANANA POTATO CROQUETTE


 

OATS IS BEST USED IN A SAVOURY SNACK OR CAKE IN MY KITCHEN!

Yes, may be I do not buy a jar of oats looking forward to a healthier, reduced weight avatar of mine. In every matter, I am halfway there; I indeed use oats to get a healthier cake or a snack. But I do not eat it following all the parameters of healthy eating! If I am making an oats tikki using potato, onion, chillies & the necessary spices in it; I fear my weight loss mission would not be that fruitful and it is so. I have crossed 50 and had been an obese to over weight all my life. My weight loss journey would demand a lot of sacrifice & hard work. I am unable to commit myself to that. T's apathy or no interest in food & eating causes irritation, even pain in me! If I force myself to enter into a strict diet regime; all the fun in my life would go away. To live, we need to cling onto some kind of activity we enjoy! Eating is my favourite activity, if only there had people at home to appreciate it, to enjoy eating and asking for more variety or ask me to cook this or that! Since the son has left home, it seems I have nothing to do! I anyway cannot indulge in partying and talking endlessly! In the scenario; if I get some food orders, my hobby of cooking gets an outlet, the incoming dollars also taste very sweet! So far what I have loved using oats are a roasted moong & oats spicy khichuri / hotchpotch; oats upma which must have potatoes, oats & vegetables cutlets or croquettes! I can have oats smoothie once every month, but oats with mango can be a regular affair for me!

I ALWAYS PLAN FOOD!

Right at this moment, I am planning what SNACK to prepare for my evening tea / coffee time, some 2 hours from now. I started late to write my BLOGPOST today. I felt this EASY MAKE STARTER can be a good one to treat all the brothers on the occasion of Rakhi Poornima / Raksha Bandhan! I hope our only son gets to tie one from his friends! Bhai anyway prefers to eat outside food; with a number of food delivery apps operating, the duo's eating outside food multiplied, with that the mother's displeasure about it. She was always against eating store bought food; our father was strictly against it! I try to pacify, "what would they do in that Barrackpore, that too during this pandemic"! I am moderate, I balance! T's family had been always buying from outside kind; his mother hated cooking, sister too dislikes. The present day T hardly wants to eat out; he eats what I cook, that too with a lot of restrictions. I will now arrange for some AIR FRIED SNACKER for the evening munching; may be with oats, yogurt, last week's yellowing coriander leaves, onion, green chillies, chaat masala! How does it sound? Around 3:30 pm, I had a fulfilling lunch; one would not have eaten anything until the dinner time.


I do not eat a tea or coffee time snack out of hunger; its a habit that gives me pleasure. I am game for what makes me happy! What is there to live for if I denounce every thing? Even many of the saints do not! I am a mere mortal being who is happy if her food plate is full and her own are safe & healthy! I was doing the preparation of the oats tikkis to be made in the oven; I was not willing to cut a big onion, running out of the shallots, also need to buy yogurt starter tomorrow! I know I would still enjoy it with my hot cuppa!


And here is the update, sugar free black coffee is here and the healthy oats tikki, they are good, adding onion would made them better!



WHAT IS THIS AIR-FRYER RAW BANANA POTATO CROQUETTE?

Amazing enough; I went to an English Medium School [I call it Benglish]; I hardly called all these as a croquette; these were always chop / cutlet for me. Certain questions cross my mind; was there oats already existing in the Western World in our younger days? Both of us siblings are happy go lucky; we did not aspire for big things in life at that time, one should! I have developed a habit to search / post any damn question in Google. T explained any question so nicely earlier if he knew about it. These days he does not have the patience or it depends upon his mood! All day I keep munching & search the net for this and that or watch a movie or series! I am not a knowledgeable person; earlier I had read so many different genres; mostly of the Russian writers; I forgot Pavel was a prominent character of which novel. I never had good memory, these days I am losing it! Anyway, I remembered to ask the mother to get bhai a rakhi, at least make one with the homegrown flowers! About this AIR FRYER RAW BANANA POTATO CROQUETTE, it is a VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE SNACK prepared with RAW BANANA, POTATO, PEANUTS, FRESH CORIANDER, SPICES in the AIR-FRYER! It is OATS CRUSTED, hence we are relieved of the breading procedure!




INGREDIENTS :

BOILED RAW BANANA : 2
BOILED POTATO : 1
CRUSHED PEANUT : 1 TBSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1/2 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 1 TBSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/4 TSP
SUGAR : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
CHAAT MASALA : TO SPRINKLE
OATS : A CUP FULL TO COAT
CORNFLOUR : 1/4 TEA CUP FOR BATTER
OIL : 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :




We would peel the potato & raw bananas, cut half, wash and take in a pressure cooker. We would add 2 coffee mugs of water, a little of salt and close tight the lid!

We would pressure cook it at minimal heat up to 2 whistles and wait to cool. On cooling, we will open the lid, discard the water and mash the vegetables.

We will heat the oil in a wok and temper it with the cumin seeds & the chopped & washed green chillies. We will add the boiled & mashed vegetables to it!

We will fold in well and add the cumin+coriander+red chilli+turmeric powders, salt & sugar and stir cook for 4-5 minutes. 

We will add the chopped & washed coriander leaves, stir cook for 1/2 a minutes and take down!

On cooling, we will add the crushed peanuts and mix well!


We will shape the dough portions into croquettes. We will prepare a cornflour and water mixture, thicker! We will take the oats in a bowl.

We will dip each into the flour batter and then coat with the oats. We will repeat!


Once done, we will grease the air-fryer bowl with oil, place the uncooked croquettes in it!


You can see I cooked at 180* for 15 minutes, later cooked it for 5 minutes more!

I do not know much about an air frier, this is a basic one gifted by a friendly family! I am yet not perfect with it but it gets me yummy munchies!


After 15 minutes, they were this and I again cooked for 5 minutes. My oats was running out and one was coated with semolina; it broke!


In a hurry to eat, I did not refrigerate the readied uncooked ones, they are better when done so!


Anyway, they tasted great and we had them for dinner along with a saucy baby corn I made too!





1 comment :

  1. Oats using here in Turkey increase. Like you we add it to the cake or snacks ingredients. "Air fryer raw banana potato croquette" is so new recipe to us. Süre that it must be hearthy and delicious. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete