Thursday 9 September 2021

SUGAR-FREE SESAME DRY FRUITS SNACK



ALWAYS IN SEARCH OF PLEASURE BITES!

Who else, but your's truly! Okay! The son too loved snacking until last year, he does not say if he still loves the exercise or not! Mumma would feel very sad if he gets least interested in food like his father! I hear Bidisha too keeps snacking but dislikes having her share of the rice. My brother gets outside meals most of the time but he hardly does snacking in between meals! The portion of rice he eats is very less unless it is a biryani! What I ask the mother is to leave them at themselves! She may like gardening, cleaning jobs, walking through Jhumri Mashir Khatal; the brother & his wife basically have no life in that township. One cannot force others to do what they do not wish to. If the couple had any interest in gardening, they would have taken it far beyond the mother's capabilities! They would have planted lot more of plants; did some vegetables & fruit farming. They have no interest, they need not be forced or blamed! If they find some joy in restaurant food, as I do, let them have the pleasure. I only ask them not to cross the limit! I am angry because they do not go for any form of exercise, that is wrong! I have already asked our son to go for brown sugar, in fact go for less sugary food, cut on too oily  & fried food! I only use oil generously in no cook pickles, as a preservative!

WHAT TO EAT IS THE MOTTO OF MY LIFE!

I think that is one major reason why I could not achieve anything in life! A dilli-dallied self with no fixed plans & target in life, cannot be something! The women in the family or the family pattern too are responsible for this. My predecessors, till date gives utmost importance to the art of homemaking rather than regret their inability for calling themselves proud, independent selves! None of them had been big eaters like me; they had been indulgent about my demonic appetite and never scissored my diet chart. Today, that I have forced myself to step down from been an obese to overweight; I still could not bring myself totally under control. I just cannot mend my eating habit to get fit & fab, nothing motivates me for that. I think, in some homes, its the partner who is a motivator! In my case, I would not allow that; "ja fot to", would be my attitude! Food is the best pleasure, to a foodie like me! Those who do not want it in their life would not even understand what I mean. I am very particular about the food I like, and those I do not like! Last Saturday, I cooked a tangy tamarind curry with very fresh, grey mullets we are not used to eating since childhood! Look at my lunch platter today. Yesterday, I had got a packet of a boney baby carps, the Bengal variety and deep fried one for today's lunch! It took me a 101/2 years of stay here to buy a frozen packet of "charapona". Why? It is because the men, nor Cristine wants it and my family eats only the live baby carps! But I liked the deep fried ones! The mullets were eaten by Cristine and her Sir!



Now onwards, I will get myself this baby carp packets when I plan to cook sea fish steaks for my family! After my lunch, I had yogurt with boondi!

WHAT IS THIS SUGAR-FREE SESAME DRY FRUITS SNACK?

I will not call it a sweet but a POWER SNACK; VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE. It is also SUGAR-FREE & DIARY FREE! It is almost a NO COOK RECIPE! What more can we ask for? Done with ROASTED SESAME, CASHEW NUTS & RAISINS, its kind of a super food you can offer to your God Family during any festival, offer as a tribute to your long lost dear ones or enjoy the same with the living, your support system! There must be some around you who make this world worth living; make this SUGAR-FREE SESAME DRY FRUITS SNACKS with or for them. These days, the God Family gets cashews & raisins from this diabetic as an offering, three times a day! When the prasadam fills one container, I cook something with them. We do not require any amount of ghee or oil to cook them, because cashew nuts & sesame release natural oil when we grind them, raisins too get the stickiness. Off course we have to grease our hands while shaping them. It is totally a three ingredient snacker, a healthy solution to your sweet cravings!





INGREDIENTS :

CASHEW NUT : 2OO-250 GM
RAISIN : 50 GM
WHITE SESAME SEED : 100 GM
FEW DROPS OF OIL TO GREASE THE PALMS

PROCEDURE :



Take the cashew nuts, white sesame & raisins in a wok and roast them together at minimal heat for 7-8 minutes. 


Switch off the gas stove once they roast well and turn light brown!


Transfer the entire content to a blender! Let it cool a bit, not totally!


Pulse at low for 30 seconds, stop & repeat. Let the cycle go on for 2-3 minutes.


Transfer the ground, coarse powder to a plate. You can feel its moist due to the natural oil released! Raisin also contributes to the moisture!


Grease your palms with oil and shape as you wish! Never let the dough get cool completely, it gets dry and extremely difficult to shape!


It tastes the best when fresh, but we have to refrigerate. Have them with way less of guilt!





 

1 comment :

  1. Cashew nuts our favourite nut, we as all family love it very much. This snack looks really very healthy . I am not sure but maybe kids want to consume it with honey. Can we add honey into snack mixture?

    ReplyDelete