Sunday 25 December 2022

RIPE MANGO TART



SUNDAYS ARE NOT MEANT TO WRITE A BLOGPOST!

In the first half of the day, we were watching a movie "Doctor G", starring a couple of my favourite actors; Shefali Chaya Shah, Ayushmann Khurrana! Also this Rakul Preet I consider a fresh flavour in Bollywood! Now we are watching a Netflix series "Khaki; The Bihar Chapter"! In between, I did what I was required to do on a Sunday! For us it is just another day & I do not have any complain about it, so long I get to talk to my son, I feel okay! At this stage in life, it is not about us but more about how our child is doing there alone; if he is feeling lonely or spending  a good time with his friends on such a special day! My happiness was cooking "aloo paratha" for the two of us! 



Cristine cooked & carried food today for her friends, the reasons are obvious! The cake I baked for them did not turn out well! I wish I could cook a meal for the son & his friends! We could have gone there at this time but the weather I feared! With this mind, we hardly would want to party; better is to share a yummy, doable recipe for my readers! We spent beautifully such days with our little son, we wish he spends equally beautiful moments on such days now on!

THE SERIES GOING ON IS QUITE CAPTIVATING!

"KHAKI, THE BIHAR CHAPTER" is based on true incidents and my mind is there! In a way it is good! I cannot stay merry, always I worry about the son, the movies & series help us spend good time! We have a set household here; a help 24/7, a television to entertain, a market, a mall, bus interchange & train station within 300 meter! The son is alone and has to fetch everything by himself in this heavy snow, storm, cold; this thought kills me! Mumma wants to talk everyday & take details but beta does not wish to share! I cooked yesterday quite a few dishes, yet made those aloo paratha to engage myself! At night, we would have rice meal! But to match the occasion, I have decided on a fruit tart share today! Fruit Tarts & Pies do not come naturally to me, I cook predominantly Indian! You can see, I have improved a lot in the area of making stuffed flatbreads! I do not understand why video making & editing is not going into my head! I wish to make nice food videos, I have a lot of time to engage in all these activities! I cannot multitask, but at this time I am watching the series & writing the blogpost at the same time!

WHAT IS THIS MANGO TART?

Mango comes to my home almost throughout the year, Bengal's most loved fruit! I am okay with a mango as long as it is sweet, so is the son! T like a typical Bengali of Bengal have specifications, eats the local varieties but not with great amount of love! I am not the kind who would prepare a tart, that too in the absence of the son! I had some ripe mangoes & all of a sudden this idea came to my mind, I have seen how beautifully others do the biscuit base but I did not even try to be perfect! I have used 500 gm packet of Marie biscuit & about 50-60 gm of butter! Actually, I did not consult any recipe, so measurements may not have been that accurate! But this vegetarian fruit dessert RIPE MANGO TART was extremely tasty to have!





INGREDIENTS :

BISCUIT : 500 GM [I USED MARIE BISCUIT]
FRESH RIPE MANGO PULP : 2 COFFEE MUG
SUGAR : 2 TBSP
EDIBLE YELLOW COLOUR : 2 DROPS [OPTIONAL]
CORN FLOUR : 2-3 TBSP
BUTTER : 60-70 GM
I USED POMEGRANATE KERNELS, BLUEBERRIES & MINT LEAVES TO GARNISH!


PROCEDURE :


I used powdered Marie Biscuit & melted Butter mix as the base!



I powdered the biscuit adding butter at room temperature in a blender!



I had greased the tart tin with a little of butter and transferred the mixture to the greased tart tin & levelled! 



I extracted the mango pulp & blended it to a paste & then put it to simmer adding the sugar!



To half medium sized glass of water, I added the corn flour & mixed it well!


I added the corn flour mix to the simmering mango paste, also few drops of edible colour!


The most important part is to keep beating the paste while simmering! This I did  for 8-9 minutes!



I had let it cool a bit & poured it in the middle of the tart pan, levelled!


We can garnish the top with our choice of fruits!





 

1 comment :

  1. WoW this Mango tart looks fingerlickingly delicious. Happy and healthy 2023 to you and your family dear friend. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete