Monday 5 December 2022

MIXED MILLET ROTI


I HAVE TO RESCHEDULE THE BLOG WRITING TIME!

For a pretty one hour, I am struggling to keep my eyes open! What you see in the picture did I have for lunch, quite heavy! Okay, not all of the hand rolled breads I had!Because I wished to blog about them, I prepared quite a few, stored the rest to have in the days coming! All of a sudden I felt like cooking those & get to the blog today itself! The entire morning I was working in the hedge, treating my plants with a homemade spray, it rains here everyday & they get fungal infection! Mine hardly get proper sunlight! Cristine had to go out for few hours & I do not like to dump all of the utensils used in the sink! Finishing off with everything took the clock to 2 pm! It was raining all of the morning & still cloudy! Well, that was not the time to go out for a walk or swim; I had to edit & arrange the pictures for this blogpost, had to take shower & offer lunch to my God Family! Would I get time to dance for a while pre-dinner?

TWO ROTIS WERE NOT HEAVY BUT THE AMOUNT OF SIDE DISHES WERE EXCESS!

The amount of cabbage sabzi is for two people; in a normal scenario, I would not have taken out the chicken either! I took them out for a photo feature, if I keep them back they would get spoiled! Cristine told she would eat outside! She loves our food but has an addiction for noodles. I go against my principle & get her instant cup noodles which I think should not be had regular! The son too loves it & I would want him to buy it & have fresh from a takeaway joint than storing cup noodles at home! Few years back, I would have at times, now totally stopped! Its either a fresh bowl of noodle soup for me at an eatery or homemade! T used to love noodles during  our courtship days, he would take me to restaurants & order it, these days he eats but would not crave for it! In fact, he no more craves for food! I wish I could be him! But in life, you have to have some kind a passion & that for food is harmless! 



I seriously did not add any sleeping pill to the Dalia Kheer dessert but immediately after having that I was unable to keep my eyes open! When I think of my contribution to this world & in the family been zero, it hurts! At least T had to love eating for me to feel my life as important or the son had to love staying on the other side of the wall or say, "tui ashbi Amar kachey every six months"!

WHAT IS THIS MIXED MILLET ROTI? 

I am a rustic at heart! You see, in a first world country I picked up and planted something on my pot that is not considered edible here; that surely for a nostalgia, a family love for kharkol pata!


I had uprooted all of them given we ate enough of it; but they refuse to leave me, have grown from nothing! I have two to three standing recipes with it to share but people have to help me get those, their actions must be good enough to inspire me! I had another Bengali recipe on my mind to share today with banana stem, but I changed my mind this midmorning, a mind that was standing halfway! This MIXED MILLET ROTI has used three varieties of millet flours; bajra / pearl millet flour; jowar / sorghum flour; ragi / finger millet flour! What I do is mix them together & store in a container! This family is typical Bengali when it comes to the choice of flour, the men, also Cristine wants refined flour the most, on my insistence they eat wholewheat roti; these days I add a little of the millet flours to the wholewheat flour and use the dough! For myself, I had been trying millet flour alone flatbreads for long! Also, I wished to blog about a vegan, gluten-free flatbread! After several failed attempts, I saw a reel & also a video by a vegetarian co-blogger from this island to cook the millet flour before preparing the dough! I followed them & got this! 


INGREDIENTS :

BAJRA / PEARL MILLET FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
JOWAR / SORGHUM FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
RAGI / FINGER MILLET FLOUR : 1/4 COFFEE MUG
SALT : 1/2 TSP
WARM WATER : 1-1 1/2 COFFEE MUG

PROCEDURE :


I roasted the mixed millet flour varieties at low heat for 4-5 minutes. Thereafter, I added some warm water! Remember, our aim is a paste like consistency & not a liquid or semi-liquid batter!



I constantly stir cooked at low heat for 6-7 minutes & took down on a bowl!




I had let it cool a bit, added more of millet millet flour & kneaded it for a pretty 8-9 minutes while it was still warm!



I dusted more of the millet flour to the small portion torn and smoothened between the palm!


I pressed lightly the rolling pin to give each a round shape; hard pressing would break them!


There were a breakage on some, whilst some puffed up perfect; that made me decide to blog about them!



There can be umpteen number of vegetarian & non-vegetarian side dishes to go with the vegan, gluten-free roti!







No comments :

Post a Comment