Monday 9 January 2023

STEAMED BLACK SESAME CAKE



IT IS 6:40 PM LOCAL TIME NOW! AIN'T I A SIT AT HOME?
Yes, I am but I do not know how time flies starting morning to night! Today, I went for my 2nd Booster dosage! The authorities had been sending us message since last June, we thought of not taking it, then we were asked to take it! Cristine had taken, the man too; today Cristine pushed me to, so I went! This time, most of the clinics locally have arranged it, there is no stipulated time & day! The gentleman who pushed the syringe is such an expert, I did not even feel anything, I kept thanking him for a while! I walked for sometime thereafter, though they warned me not to walk fast! I anyway walk in super slow motion! Next two weeks, I can go for slow walks alone! Back home I took shower, did the afternoon prayer, had a very late lunch, had a Panadol & my usual medicine for diabetes, the clock struck 6 pm! Then, I had to arrange & edit the recipe pictures! You can see there is not much to edit, its an all bare steamed cake! Now it is 7pm, I usually complete my blogposts a little past this time! 

WHAT ARE YOU EATING THESE DAYS MS. S?
Ask me what I am not eating! Although it had been few days, I have pushed further the length of intermittent fasting, my appetite has become closer to that of a giant & I am unable to control! Hence, there is no sign of loosing weight, the body feels heavier in fact! And why not? Look at my lunch platter today!


This was on record; I had a patishapta too, some muri & half of a sweet that came from Lahore! Though I am against cup noodle, specially of the brand Maggi; the other day I wished to have their "xtra hot kari flavour meltz"! I added a good amount of blanched Bokchoy! Usually, a bowlful is fine, I was extra hungry having my first meal late! I had half of a garlic bread slice & fried egg!  That was huge and I am unable to control my portions! I feel like throwing off the weighing machine; take a kitchen knife and cut off my lower belly & inner thighs!


Last night, I made the quickest ever Bhature, they were super soft, although I want them flawless white! Though I took pictures for the blog, I would try better ones & then! When I manage not to allow myself food, I eat papad roasted in microwave, its horrid!


Another bread variety I did last Saturday night, had with fresh fenugreek-lentil balls-potato-dry fruits curry, also made some methi / fresh fenugreek fritters!


May be last Friday, I had a Maggi stuffed Dosa at the Iyengar Bhavan, I did not know it would have melted cheese too, else would not have ordered! I do not love dosa naturally as I do dal-rice-pakora or poori-sabzi! I am trying to take interest in few varieties of dosa!


All these food projects & eating out while wandering alone keeps me going, else I would have to give into boredom! Though, until now, not at any point I feel I am done with life, that I have nothing else to look forward to! I look forward to every single achievement of the son, I would look at his class routine a hundred times, new things he is unto, just wish & wish more he discussed his life with us! Everyday I keep pestering him to speak! I perhaps would have talked food less if he did!

WHAT IS THIS STEAMED BLACK SESAME CAKE?
The native islanders make & love this cake that has either black sesame seed paste or powder! They are decorative with creams n all in some places, whilst just plain & simple at other places! Some two to three years back I tasted one in a cafeteria & liked it's light, fluffy texture! It is CNY in few days, I thought let me try a vegan, gluten-free version of it! And I did & did pretty well, named it STEAMED BLACK SESAME CAKE! I have used few ingredients in the making of it, the best part of it is that it is oil free! The cake uses no artificial colour or flavouring agent! The desiccated coconut & coconut cream  got it the natural flavour & the use of the fruit salt made it super soft, fluffy! Make it a regular item on your tea / coffee table! At this time, I could do this simplest vegetarian one on the stovetop! Let me wrap up soon, I do not know what amount of pain I would be in, if there is high fever continuing beyond two days, I need to be hospitalised! 



INGREDIENTS :

RICE FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG + 2 TBSP
DESSICATED COCONUT : 2 TBSP
COCONUT CREAM  POWDER : 25 GM [YOU CAN USE 100 GM COCONUT CREAM]
SUGAR : 4-5 TBSP
ENO FRUIT SALT : 2 TSP

PROCEDURE :


Below are the ingredients I had used! I did not have to cut the new coconut cream powder packet, about 25 gm was enough for the amount of rice flour I used!


I powdered the black sesame seeds, you can paste it too! Also, you can use a little more of it!



Extremely poor in mathematics, I understand only 1/2, 1/4, 1/3 measure of a cup, so asking you to take 1/2 coffee mug plus 2 tbsp of rice flour!


To it, I added the desiccated coconut & sugar! I had prepared a liquid adding the coconut cream powder to 1/2 cup of warm water & beating it well!




I added the prepared coconut cream milk to the rice flour mix & beaten it well! To that I added the black sesame powder!


I had beaten the mixture well & kept it covered for 20-25 minutes!

Meanwhile, I had put for boil some water in my manual steamer!



After about 20-25 minutes, I removed the cover & added the Eno fruit salt to the mixture & used the beater to incorporate well!



In a cake tin, I had place a butter paper & poured in the mixture, tapped the tin on the kitchen counter!



Once the water started boiling, I had placed the batter filled cake tin atop the stand that has holes! 


I had cover cooked it for 20-25 minutes at low heat & then switched off the gas stove! We should be done!



I took it down from the steamer & let cool!


The cake was soft & fluffy, it had been as simple as I am! Had I not put in the butter paper, the sides would have been even!




 

No comments :

Post a Comment