Monday 7 August 2023

LONG BEAN POTATO ONION NOODLES


 IT IS A LATE START TO WRITE TODAY!

That is because all of a sudden, I bumped into an old time interest! Not even old time, the subject is my all time favourite! My attraction for the subject would never cease! I am talking about Lady Diana, I could not have enough of her life, I could not get over with her death! Sometime back, I came across the news of the little boy Billy Campbell of Australia who thinks he is the reincarnation of Lady Diana! I did read about it one or two years back, then again today! Whilst reading, I went further exploring about her ancestral home where she is resting in peace! I was savouring the pictures of the estate & learning more about the Althorp in Northamptonshire, and the clock struck 5:05 pm! I felt let me write down the blogpost! I am like this always, what interests me has got my heart, be it a story, article or a movie! Tonight, you will see me reading this & that about the Althorp Estate! You know my concept of travel & the man's concept of it does not match, else you would have seen busy suitcases at this home! I do understand his responsibilities too, I do not earn! Coming to reading, there was a time when no one could pull me out from the midst of an interesting read! It is sad I do not remain that voracious reader anymore!

IN BETWEEN I WAS EATING A LOT TOO!

I went for a swim down, back home I broke my fast with tea & malpoa! I made myself a homely bhelpuri that has Tabasco sauce! I loved this instant one though I do not have the required sauces at home, I used a chilli sauce & tabasco! My initial plan was to have some butter & chilli sauce tossed corns! Then I kept adding boiled potato, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander, peanuts, puffed rice! I wish the son learns to eat this, it's healthy! At times, mumma feels like weeping, wish I could travel to him every six months & relieve him of the household chores & cook a variety for him & his flatmate! The distance does not let us plan! We want to facilitate his education at first, it is a pride to see he himself is taking up new courses, expressing his wish to do the masters! For his mother, who loves education but herself was not a sincere learner in her student life, it's a joyous thing to see her child being this sincere! He is gifted with a good father always willing to support his academics! Anyway, after eating that huge amount, I again had mango & coffee!



Seriously, I cannot have an oats or salad bowl after eighteen hours of intermittent fasting! At night, I will have a little of rice with okra fry, dal, pointed gourd-potato curry! Again, the man would comment why he has to eat "ghas-pus"! Vegetarian meals they dread! If it is a handmade bread meal, they enjoy with vegetarian sides! Yesterday at lunch we had a young visitor! At night, we had flatbread, leftover mutton, chicken kebabs, pickle!


This kind of diet requires a lot of exercises to be done to keep fit & slim, I dislike giving any amount of jerking to my body, only like swimming & walking, that too at a slow pace! Though I look slimmer in photos, I am not at all!

WHAT IS THIS LONG BEAN POTATO ONION NOODLES?

I live in an island where it rains noodles! How many varieties do you want? Here they do have cooked vegetables on the side with boiled & tossed noodles & rice! I have eaten outside as many varieties here for the past twelve & half years! That may be the reason why I want to cook it at home, a frill-free one adding whatever I want when! What we do not like in a noodle dish are a lot of sauces! I do add a few sauces & sesame oil! Maximum of the time, I wish to keep our noodle dish bare & minimal! This vegetarian, vegan noodle bowl with long beans, potato, onion with flavours from the burnt garlic is what I enjoyed! I named it LONG BEAN POTATO ONION NOODLES! If I have added a Tabasco Sauce & Nihari Masala in it, know that the taste satisfied me to the fullest! You can add black pepper powder instead!


INGREDIENTS : 

VEGETARIAN NOODLE VARIETY : 300-400 GM
LONG BEAN : 2-3
POTATO : 1
ONION : 1
GARLIC CLOVE : 2-3
GREEN CHILLI : 2-3
VINEGAR : 2 TBSP
LIGHT SOY SAUCE : 1 TBSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : A PINCH OR TWO
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 DROPS + 2 TBSP
I USED TABASCO SAUCE & NIHARI MASALA TO SPICE IT UP, YOU CAN SKIP!

PROCEDURE :


In a bowl of hot water, I added a little of salt, stirred! I broke half each of the noodle cake & added to the lightly salted water & poured 2-3 drops of oil in it!

After 3-4 minutes, I transferred the entire thing to a colander, kept it for rest so all of the water can drain!

Meanwhile, Cristine peeled and cut the onion into thick slices, cut the potato & long beans lengthwise, minced the garlic & chopped the green chillies! Off course, we are to wash them separately!

Taking together the potato & long beans, I marinated them with a pinch of salt & some salt!

I heated 2-3 tbsp of oil in a wok & added the minced garlic! Once they were lightly brown, I added the marinated potato & long beans, folded in well & covered!

I cooked them at low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring once every minute removing the cover!

Thereafter, I added the onions & green chillies and stir cooked at high for 2-3 minutes!

I added the noodles, crushed black pepper, vinegar & light soy sauce; folded in well with two ladles! We can season it with salt if only required at this stage!

I further added the Nihari Masala & Tabasco Sauce to celebrate my taste bud! 










No comments :

Post a Comment