Sunday 24 December 2023

LEMON FLAVOURED MADELEINE


 THIS HOLIDAY SEASON EXPECTS ME TO LOOK BEYOND!

I have decided not to share "pithe-puli" on this day to wish the world! I am a Hindu, also had been a resident of Kolkata! The latter matters a lot, we have grown up in an environment that not only revelled during the Durga Pooja but also during the period between the Xmas Eve and New Year! On the occasion of Eid, our community members even go to the Muslim joints for rezala & roomali roti, korma & curry, hihi! This tendency of us has grown bigger with time! The tailoring shops in Kolkata remain the same busy in the month of December as they remain between July & October! In general, the Indian Bengalis are more of liberated souls as compared to other Indian States! We may give big talks, prefer to live in our past glory, be lazy but we give a lot of importance to education! That matters a lot; education & the liberty of mind! We cannot stuck in where our mothers had been, we have to evolve a bit with each passing generation & that is in no way showing disrespect to the elders!

THE SON IS HOME FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, WE ARE EXTRA HAPPY!

This mumma loves to cook and expects to feed the son home cooked food all day through! What I forget is that he is a full grown adult by now, too much of an independent minded & rebel self! He is going out, having few meals outside! Also, he is meeting the dentist, watching movies, buying stuffs! We know he is roaming around alone most of the time! At times, he is meeting people too, but who he is meeting he is not telling us! The man deals with the son too smartly, the son seems to be more fond of the father; not that much of me may be because he considers me nagging! I perhaps expected to control him the same way our mother exercised her control on us! That is impossible! I know every human is different from the other, yet I find it difficult to adjust with the son's weird behaviour towards me! I miss his hug, cuddles, miss all of his childhood that he gifted to me! Happiness is watching him enjoying the Luchi meal mumma made for him, for the family in fact!


Cristine made a perfect luchi dough yesterday, I got my luchis in good shape and happy, hence! I still hope the son would behave normal with me in future!

WHAT IS THIS LEMON FLAVOURED MADELEINE? 

The man & I had some Ragi Dosa with my choice of Potato Sabzi & Chilli Sauce for our lunch today! 


The son did not want lunch at home, he had Madeleine & Nolen Gurer Sandesh in the morning! Cristine went off for Xmas Celebrations only to come tomorrow night! I did enjoy my lunch even if my dosas are lame! At night, three of us would have a fish curry & rice dinner! Or do you want me to go & buy a whole, dressed chicken, roast it & have it with a quick polao I make? Okay, let me see how it goes after I finish this post! I can also shop tomorrow morning fresh from the wet market & cook for our lunch! Whatever, I chose this vegan & gluten-free baked delight LEMON FLAVOURED MADELEINE to share on the eve of Xmas! Actually, I have used only the Madeleine moulds, obviously I couldn't use a Madeleine batter as I wished for a vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free version!


INGREDIENTS :

DESICCATED COCONUT : 1 COFFEE MUG
RICE FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
CORN FOUR : 2 TBSP
ORANGE JUICE : OF 2 ORANGES
BANANA : 1 STANDARD SIZED
LEMON ZEST : 1 TSP [I USED Bengal variety Gondhoraj Lemon]
BAKING POWDER : 1 TSP
XANTHAN GUM : 1/2 TSP
SUGAR : 5-6 TBSP [I used Brown Sugar]
OIL : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP SIZE

PROCEDURE : 


You may or may not powder the desiccated coconut, I did! I had taken the powdered desiccated coconut, rice & corn flours, baking powder & xanthan gum in a bowl & mixed together well!

I had juiced two oranges & strained it, Cristine did it for me! I added the juice to the flour mix!

I had washed, peeled, mashed & added the banana to the flour mix! I had blend together the brown sugar & oil & added to the flour mix!

I had added the lemon zest & beaten together the mixture for about 7-8 minutes with a hand beater!

We have to keep the batter at rest for 15-20 minutes, it has rice flour! 

Cristine brushed the shell shaped depressions in the Madeleine tray with a bit of oil! 

Meanwhile, I preheated the oven at 160*C, keeping the low height wired stand inside! Mine is a convection mode microwave oven!

I had baked the Madeleines for 15 minutes at 160*C! Temperatures may vary in your machine, be careful!

Enjoy them with Tea or Coffee!





1 comment :

  1. This Lemon flavored snacks looks great. Lemon is my favourite. I love it. Happy new year to you and your family dear friend. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete