Friday 27 September 2019

MOJADER DIM ALOOR PUR BHORA PRATA


That made a good dinner for us yesterday. After a short outdoor walk, I was cooking all day which would not have been possible without Cristine. While I was on my walk, she had cut the vegetables, boiled the dal I was to take for an elderly being. I only cooked them. The elderly host in that home treated me with a variety of snacks which included "Kumror Dhoka Bhaja & Goan Gulgule".... in fact I informed that person that it is Goan Gulgule that some of my friends have blogged about. A warm hug made me feel very good and I repeat, the company of elderly beings makes me feel good unless they keep talking about "rog, bhog, ashukh, bishukh".... that irritates me because my "funda" is kind of "ignore a little of your pain, live your life till your last day".... People should have at least one area of interest, some do not have any.... on which topic we can talk for sometime. 

One cannot mingle with people who do not have any common interest, specially when someone tries to decide my life, who I mingle with.... who I do not. I get too angry.... I will never entertain all these because I did not ever / do not ever interfere in their lives. The husband thinks I am not a cooperative material enough to mingle, I have to retaliate .... "do not tell me about friendship, now kissing.... then pinching and thereafter fighting over kids.... kar baccha kar theke koto nombor kom-beshi pelo.... bacchader modhya bondhuttoi noshto hoye gelo hoyto.... oshobey amai pabina.... tor shongshar chulor dorey feley to urey byarai na.... tor taka uriyeo faak korey deina masher ponero tarikhey.... learn to say a thank you kabhi kabhi!" Nah.. Na! I will still be cooking a hilsa curry for him tomorrow, mutton too.... carry them for someone next week.... that is another company I enjoy.... such meetings do not come with the burden of discussing people, their homes or similar kind of non-enrichment talks.... so I look forward for them. As of today, let us share the recipe of what we ate yesterday night, something with that heavenly combination of eggs & potatoes.... a non-vegetarian main MOJADER DIM ALOOR PUR BHORA PRATA served with sauces & plain yogurt! There are even salad sauces!

I am a bit tensed today because after sharing these stuffed flat bread recipe with a combination of whole wheat & refined flour, potato and eggs, I have to get on with an experimental sweet.... if I am successful, you get it on Bijoya Doshomi, else I have to think of something else before pujo sets in. I have a busy next week, have to colour my hair, get my nails pedicured & manicured, share few more recipes for my readers than I usually do in a week and I am too poor with time management. I am still a learner while doing stuffed breads but I find out easier ways for them because my family loves them. This stuffing does not require any cooking, a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, coarsely ground fresh black pepper, some chopped coriander worked wonderfully. Potato & Egg mash Mixed Flour Breads MOJADER DIM ALOOR PUR BHORA PRATA will not look as good as Meryl Streep.... they look more like me but my kinds are useful in a household.... we are not that "a beautiful piece in a showcase material".... but it is for our kinds the husbands do not have to think beyond their office.... the only problem is we do not contribute to the family's financial account! See, this morning, the leftovers from yesterday night was made into "kochuri".... Cristine arranged everything, I only fried them!





INGREDIENTS : [FOR THE STUFFING]

BOILED EGG : 4-5
BOILED POTATO : 2BIG
CHOPPED ONION : 2TBSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 2-3TBSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
LEMON JUICE : 4-5TBSP
OIL : 1TBSP [I USED OLIVE OIL]

INGREDIENTS : [FOR THE FLAT BREAD DOUGH]

WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR : 1 COFFE MUG
REFINED FLOUR : 11/2 COFFEE MUG
OIL : 2TBSP
SALT : 2-3PINCH

THE FINAL STAGE :

THE EGG POTATO MASH
THE FLOUR DOUGH
GHEE / CLARIFIED BUTTER OR OIL : 1TSP FOR EACH STUFFED FLAT BREAD


PROCEDURE :

Let us prepare the dough first. Take the refined & whole wheat flours, oil and salt in a wide mouthed bowl. Mix well. Add water [if possible warm] little by little to form a dough. It will smooth, not so soft. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.




We will boil the eggs and peeled and potatoes on stove top adding enough water!


Once done, switch off the gas stove and let cool. Then, peel the boiled potatoes, wash, take in a bowl. Mash after adding the salt, coarsely ground black pepper, pre-washed chopped onion + coriander leaves.

Add the de-shelled, washed boiled eggs. To it add lemon juice and lightly mix together with the potato mash.




Tear portions from the dough as required for flat breads and smoothen in between palms. Dust the base and balls both with flour and roll out round bread shapes.

Fill in with the boiled egg + potato mash.





Fold in and press tight the edges to avoid spilling while frying. Dry roast in a hot tawa / griddle. Cook both sides well.



Add 1tsp ghee to the hot tawa / griddle. Cook both sides well. Hold each one with a tongs to cook all the sides evenly.



Serve fresh & hot with choice of sauces & yogurt!




No comments :

Post a Comment