Wednesday 23 October 2019

CURRY PATA O KALOJEEREY FLAVOURED NIMKI


I think I enjoy made at home from scratch nimki, that is fried salted snackers more than the store bought nimki variety. In the Bengali type of Nimki variety, we do not really use any spices, however if I am a recipe blogger I would want to include different variety of this particular snack in the blog. Certain plans of mixing and matching different flavours are there in the mind. Things get easier at home if there are containers full of munchies for the family, the only problem is I cannot keep my tongue under control, this sensory organ is the most active part of my body. I eat, eat and eat more and never get bored, my waistline never gets into shape, it did for two years when I used to go for work, ran and survived mostly on salads. Later I felt it is not sustainable throughout my life, I cannot die without tasting life, it cannot be a boring affair for me. Equally there is fear factor at work inside, I so love South East Asian set rice meals, cannot have them full out of the fear of having rice. I wasted my food yesterday from that fear in all probability thinking Yong Tao Foo would have been a better bet or may be a fish soup. Actually, the amount of low cardio walking or swimming I do get fruitless if I have heavy carb filled meals during the lunch hours. I do not love eggs, starting your mornings with eggs, fruits and greens helps otherwise. I had half boiled eggs two times in a 4-5 days of span, and voila I could digest but with a heavy feeling I do not like. 

I have to do away with this biscuit and cake thing on a regular basis in the morning. I am loving my fruit platters with a marination of red chilli powder and black salt, the reason of not starting my day with a fruit bowl may be totally mental, I have to overcome it. I love "khoi / chirey / muri with doi or chilled milk" but their mother is rice.... whats the point? What would be my lunch today? I think my hair needs a colour today, so instead of going out for a walk or going down for a swim I will have Cristine applying it. Thereafter, I may try an instant Rawa Dosa on the newly bought big tawa which is exclusively meant to be a field practise tool for me to learn thinner crepes with different batters, preferably sugar free or with less sugar. Look what the senior was enjoying with the vegetarian, curry leaf and nigella seeds flavoured fried snack CURRY PATA O KALOJEEREY FLAVOURED NIMKI.




 The "dil is not that khush khush" since this morning. Have you ever thought of that academician woman with origin in  Kolkata who may not be able or willing to handle "public attention" at this moment. It is very difficult to accept or to come in to terms with certain truths, not being part of something anymore which happened to be your's once. Can we be wise enough to respect feelings and stop bothering people in public forums? However, I have always believed that great personas have broader mindsets and they have the ability to turn any negativity, pain to positive vibes. Take the example of Aisha Chaudhary, she lived 18 fruitful years which may apparently seem less but oh! what an accomplished one.... Painting, Ted Talks, a Book to her credit. It was heart warming and heart wrenching at the same time to watch the movie, but we have learnt an important lesson from it, it is not about how many years we have spent on this earth but how we have spent it. No, it is not easy to think in this manner when it concerns your own but you have no other way but to think exactly this  in such a situation when you know you are going to lose someone dear soon. Aisha, I definitely know would have enjoyed this vegetarian, fried snack CURRY PATA O KALOJEEREY FLAVOURED NIMKI, she was not allowed to for medical reasons is a different issue. The senior at this home is more upset back from the movie theatre. At times it feels that he is not that much of a strong heart as we think or he considers himself to be, he is very soft at the core of his heart.

Anyway, I have used half and half multigrain atta and refined flour, ghee toasted and crushed curry leaves, kalonji, salt, oil for this awesome, made at home snacker.




INGREDIENTS :

MULTIGRAIN ATTA FLOUR : 1COFFEE MUG
REFINED FLOUR : 1COFFEE MUG
NIGELLA SEED : 1TBSP
CURRY LEAF : A FISTFUL
SALT : AS REQUIRED
GHEE : 2TBSP+3TBSP
OIL : 100GM

PROCEDURE :

Take the two varieties of flour and the amount of salt required in a bowl and mix. 


Mildly heat 1tbsp of ghee and toast the washed and towel dried curry leaves in it without burning. They would turn crisp and wow it's flavour would be.

Pour the ghee and curry leaves mixture to the flour mix and wait to cool it down. Add 2tbsp of ghee too. 

Once cool, crush the curry leaves with your palm.



Now keep rubbing the entire mixture for 2-3 minutes until the texture looks like this, it will loosely bind in your fist.


Add the nigella seeds now and fold in.


Now add warm water little by little and knead to form a smooth but firm dough. This may take some 10-12 minutes.



Now cover the dough with a cling wrap for 1/2 an hour. Open cover and knead again for 2-3 minutes. Tear off bigger portions like that of a tennis ball size, smoothen between palms.



Dust the rolling base with some flour, coat each ball in flour and roll out roundels without taking the stress of getting them perfectly round.

If I have cookie cutters, I will not look for a blade or cookie cutter to cut them. Then with a fork, just prick on each piece.


Heat the oil but not to the smoking point. We would add some of the uncooked nimkis or snackers when the oil is warmer and not supremely hot.

We will keep stirring at minimal to very low heat for quite sometime until they turn golden brown.

Place onto tissue paper before serving.




We would always wish to have them warm and fresh which is not possible. Store them in dry, clean containers if doing in bulk. It stays good for a week or more without refrigeration.





No comments :

Post a Comment