Friday 11 October 2019

MICROWAVE SEMOLINA IDLI


At this home, this is a regular affair.... at least once or twice a week. I have stopped buying packeted idli mixes for long now, find grinding dal & rice and then fermenting overnight a tedious job.... so I try instant idli with different grain & millet varieties. I really do not know how wise it is to use fruit salts in your food, I am not particularly a health maniac per say.... neither this home is. If we had started our day with MICROWAVE SEMOLINA IDLI in the morning, we had our dinner around 10:45pm yesterday with "koraishutir kochuri." I do them pretty well but the problem is by the time I click them, the puffiness goes.... that irritates me. I have changed the pictures of the blog post for the third time, I would again change after one or two months until their shapes and puffs in the pictures give me the ultimate happiness.


Do visit my blog to see how the puffiness went off in the final picture, that leaves me unhappy. I have become even more dilly-dallied kind of with age. I started so late knowing today is a working day for my men. They never do complain why the dinner is served so late. I was pretty tired yesterday, did a 10km walk to and fro the old neighbourhood, had a French Toast & Chilled Teh O Kosong there. A true heart Bong can never enjoy a French Toast..... "dim aar chini eksangey amader poshai na".... I was just thinking of doing a series of Bengali Breakfasts, the regular ones... not everyday we had "Radhaballavi o Dalpoori".... I must give it a thought. Let the husband come back from his tour, I would buy less of raw fish, meat and vegetables and prepare those breakfast fares for our dinners and share in the blog the next day. I am all about food, food and food. The entire day I plan about how to use the raw ingredients. 

For my lunch I will be preparing "Dalia Khichdi"..... I would finish off with the post, cook, take shower, do my prayer, eat, read, doze off, the son will enter, will set the television set in the fullest volume, mumma will go down to swim to avoid that noise, shall come back and sit with her tea and keep thinking what to do after he goes away from home and there remains only silence for me. Who else but in my childhood best buddy shall I comply all my worries. I must do something besides blogging from late 2020, but what? I keep telling a friend "if the situation is so congenial for you, restart your catering business." If you ask me again my wish, I will repeat the same, to deliver desi Khana to desi homes! If I see some profit, I would not mind getting a license.

"o maiyara, tumra lau ghontor lau oto dumo dumo kato kyarey? didima / thakuma / maa dir moto boti te ziri ziri lau ba shaak katar khyamta tomago nai, amaro nai. Shredder asey kiyer laigya? Desh jora naam tomago ranna mon diya koro, ccubi bhalo koira tulo.... like kombo koida, maan barbo kintu, maai / didima / thakumar mukh rokkha hoibo. Amar naam nai, kintu zani didimai kon randhoney ki phoron dito. Mosa, Ecor, Bharali der ghonta dhoira randhi ami." As of now, let me share this healthy, vegetarian breakfast with semolina, plain yogurt, green peas, shredded carrot, chopped coriander, onion & green chilli, fruit salt, salt with you. You may allow me or you may not, I will take the liberty to call it MICROWAVE SEMOLINA IDLI.



INGREDIENTS :

SEMOLINA / SUJI : 11/2COFFEE MUG [I used Idli Rava]
PLAIN YOGURT : 2SMALL TEA CUP
FRUIT SALT : 1/3TBSP [I USED ENO]
SHREDDED CARROT : 1SMALL TEA CUP
GREEN PEA : 1/2SMALL TEA CUP
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 1SMALL TEA CUP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 OR 2 TBSP
CHOPPED ONION : 1/2 MEDIUM TEA CUP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
WATER : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 DROPS [to grease the moulds]

PROCEDURE : 


Take the semolina / suji and the plain yogurt in a bowl. 

Mix well, then add water gradually to get a paste like consistency.

To it, add the washed shredded carrot, chopped coriander, onion and green chillies. Mix well.

Add the salt, mix well and keep covered for 1/2 an hour.

Open cover, add the fruit salt, mix well and keep covered for 5-6 minutes.

Grease the microwave proof idli moulds with oil and fill little more than half with the batter.

Add the base of the microwave proof idli stand with water, it should be half immersed without the water touching the moulds.

Cover with the lid and microwave at 450*C for 8 minutes. This temperature setting gives me softer idli. Temperature varies from machine to machine. So do not mind the trial and error method.

Gently take them out with the help of the back of a spoon. Have them fresh and hot with any chutney or sauce of your choice. This home had it with a mayo-siracha sauce on that particular day.






No comments :

Post a Comment