Monday 9 December 2019

BUTTERCUP CARDAMOM CAKE



This home either enjoys all those swiss rolls, butter scotch or strawberry / vanilla cream cakes or me baked plain cakes. They definitely would love to have a swiss roll made by me, the question is if at all I would want to take the risk of spoiling pricey ingredients, a mediocre hardly ventures out of the known area. Baking plain cakes & cookies did I start when I was in my teens, that too in an electrical, round oven only meant for basic cakes. That had high possibilities of electrical shortages, yet I used it  over the weekends until I got married. I think the totally damaged one still is kept in the loft of my parental home. Our mother is not in the habit of throwing off stuffs, how much I keep on saying. Else that home could be so beautifully decorated. 

I believe you need not be rich to decor the home, you have to have that aesthetic sense within you. Like I do not spend at all on home decor, may be because of the family I belong to; the other reason is my aversion to spend my husband's hard earned money on rented homes. I cannot be a spendthrift because no one in my side of the family are so, we value money. In such a scenario, my urge to blog about simpler, homely recipes using regular ingredients available in the kitchen is quite but natural for me, this vegetarian cake using very few ingredients, BUTTERCUP CARDAMOM CAKE is one on that line. We get here a varied kind of fruit mixes, this home has no dearth of mixing them in wine, follow a decent recipe and work on it, who will eat? Some at this home gets too busy separating the fruit mixes from the cake; I so hate wastage. Nut Cakes are okay for them, pastries I get a lot for them from the local bakeries if not always from the revered chains. I like small bakeries who sell fresh products. I have found a small eatery who are making freshest of the butter croissants in front of us. I will go there regular for chilled soya milk, fresh croissants & chicken pies; so liked. 

Its so raining since morning. That is worrying me. 

         

After two days of sitting at home and eating non-stop, I have to go out at least down below at the pool! I do not like hitting the gym, neither yoga. Yoga is the best form of exercise you can gift your body; then I firmly believe one cannot be benefitted from something they do not enjoy. I am not the kind who would want to sit at home all the time and watch the television. I am not that level of a romantic to whom the consistent sound made by the raindrops may seem like Yanni's. Let us see how the day shapes in few hours, till then let me finish writing the recipe of this vegetarian cake, very simply done with minimal ingredients BUTTER CUP CARDAMOM CAKE

You see, to any Indian, Amul Butter is synonymous to butter; I am no exception. At times, it happens that there has no supply of it for days or even for more than a month; I better use substitutes for my bakes like buttercup, a variety of oil. I am only not comfortable with margarine. Even the mother did not get margarine home except for few times when it flooded the Bengal market with the assurance of being healthier than butter. We did not believe it, later the doctors declared margarine may not be a healthier option. This cake was made few months back which has used condensed milk. Very recently, I have stopped getting condensed milk; evaporated creamer works wonder.


    


INGREDIENTS :

REFINED FLOUR : 1COFFEE MUG
BAKING POWDER : 1/3TSP
BAKING SODA : 1/4TSP
BUTTER CUP : 125GM
CONDENSED MILK : 100ML
FULL CREAM MILK : 2TBSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 1/2MEDIUM TEA CUP
SUGAR : 2-3TBSP
VINEGAR : 2TBSP
GREEN CARDAMOM SEED : 1/2TSP
VANILLA ESSENCE : 1TSP

PROCEDURE :

I arranged the ingredients at one place.

     

Sieve together the refined flour, baking powder and baking soda and take in a bowl.

         

I used electrical beater I can see. Okay pour the softened 125 gm of buttercup, plain yogurt, full cream milk, sugar, vinegar, cardamom seeds to it.

          

          

          

Beat at moderate speed for 5-6 minutes, pause in between.

          

Add the vanilla essence and give a beat for 1/2 a minute.

I use my convection mode microwave for my bakes. I placed the low stool necessary for baking inside and preheated the oven at 180*C for 10 minutes.

           

Meanwhile in an aluminium foiled tin, I poured the batter. Tapped it lightly on the counter to level it.

I had then placed the cake tin in the middle of the stool.

       

         

I baked it for 30-35mins at 180*C. Thereafter, we will take it out and wait it to cool on the wire.

                                           
            

Having fresh slices of it is good but this home refrigerates too. We bring it to normal room temperature before having.


    







No comments :

Post a Comment