Monday 2 December 2019

SAUTÉED BLACK CHICKPEA


I wish to go ahead with a new recipe share today, at the same time I am not in a position to sit straight at a stretch for few hours; the body is in such pain. These are the side effects of going for a running event without any practice, of not having a competitive mind. If you lack the will power to be somewhere towards the top, you will end up being me whose motto had been to have a dilli dallied life... "bhalo mondo khabo, ghumobo, prochur golper boier modhya boshe thakbo, gaan shunbo, cinema dekhbo." The parents had to negate this and push me hard. Instead, there was a mother who spoon fed us, still does and openly says," please do not bother my kids", which is wrong! Then there is this husband who never told me I should be independent, neither his father to his wife. There is no gallantry in this, sitting idle gives you a feel of uselessness. Perhaps so the husband's mother tried to control everyone's life around wanting to feel important in the scenario. I tremendously dislike that part of people when they take the liberty to abuse & misbehave with others, we have no right to. So, I remained a back bencher in every sense; unable to speak properly in public, unable to get rid of that childhood fear of standing in midst of a stage, making people get scared of me. I enjoy being with my own, smiling and talking briefly with the unknown I meet everyday, that too if they approach me. 

I am truly thankful to the husband for giving a protective shield to someone who he knows is not fit for a world that is so smart. Okay, me and my side of the family do consider the husband and son a bit far from been normal but we also know that they are trustworthy; I enjoy their company so much so that I cannot think of dumping them at home and go freak around with others for days unless work demands it. I do not think anyone can have the patience to deal a nauseated self like me on travel like my men, it feels I cannot ask for an ice-cream from anyone except for my men... "bossy, ice-cream khabo," and I do more of them to hear such phrases, "mota-stupid mumma ta sudhu khacchey, kicchu parena, kicchu janena." She knows and loves to cook. A decent, healthy diet day in and day out is not her cuppa but she has them often if not always. I wish to gift a decent meal / snack idea to all of my readers today; something with kala chana / chola / black chickpea SAUTÉED BLACK CHICKPEA. This had been a favourite since childhood, a very common street snack in my city of origin. 

Me and my sibling, both are homesick. We love the space within the four walls we call our home. After marriage, I categorically told my husband not to make me stay overnight anywhere and everywhere. When I wished for my own home, I did get one. I need not be this homebound after doing a half marathon with a totally unfit body. Friday night we had attended the husband's office party, Saturday evening I went for the run unprepared and finished it brisk walking all through. Thereafter, I should have waited for a professional massage they offer for free but it had been my tendency to reach my den the earliest to my family whenever I am dog tired; I am never comfortable amidst the unknown. I am bearing the burnt now, there is too much of pain in the lower portion of my body because I went back to the track after three years I think. I will finish off with the post and cook one dish because I get bored sitting idle, not in a position to go for a swim down below. This vegetarian snack SAUTÉED BLACK CHICKPEA was my favourite on some evenings. It is still found in the streets of my city of origin but you know our mother. She never let us have street food. She used to prepare this sautéed "chola sheddo" with onion, nigella seeds and green chillies. The vendors who sat on the ground preparing a variety of customised "muri makha" sold this, they still are found all over the city. This is a nutritious snack you can have on a regular basis, get some fruits and make it a meal. 




INGREDIENTS :

BLACK CHICKPEA : 100GM
CHOPPED ONION : 2-3TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 2TSP
NIGELLA SEED : 1/2TSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 2TBSP [OPTIONAL]
DRY RED CHILLI : 1HALVED
CRUSHED GARLIC CLOVE : 2-3
SALT : AS REQUIRED
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2TSP
OIL : 2TBSP

PROCEDURE :

Soak the black chickpeas either in cold water overnight or in hot water for 3 hours.

Wash well and add it to the pressure cooker along with some fresh water, a little of turmeric and salt.

Close the lid tight and pressure cook at the lowest heat up to 1 whistle.

Let it cool and open normally.

Wash the boiled, black chickpeas again, drain the water and rub with some salt and turmeric.

Heat oil in a wok, temper with nigella seeds, the washed & halved dry red chilli, washed & crushed garlic cloves.

Add the pre-washed chopped onions and green chillies. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the onions turn golden brown.

Add the marinated boiled black chickpeas without the marinade.

Saute the entire thing for 2-3 minutes. We are done.

I so love it with muri / puffed rice.






No comments :

Post a Comment