Monday 9 November 2020

NUTMEG CINNAMON FLAVOURED AKHROT GOLAPJAM CAKE




I wished to share this cake I prepared sometime in September; on this week; this can be a good share for all the occasions going to take place this month and even next. Anyway, to a cake lover like me; any time should be a good time to have a slice of cake with black tea or coffee. The readings for my early October diabetic check up went wrong, may be because I did not put a check on my intake of this EGG-FREE, EASY, CAKE BAKE with GULABJAMUN / GOLAPJAM SWEET; NUTMEG CINNAMON FLAVOURED AKHROT GOLAPJAM CAKE. Loving natural FLAVOURS, I used NUTMEG & CINNAMON powders to flavour it; no ARTIFICIAL FLAVOURS had been used. You can imagine the amount of calories THE CAKE holds but who cares about CALORIES during FESTIVITY; do not expect it from an average INDIAN.

I love my bakes simple, FRILL FREE. It is very true I am a failure at cake decoration. Few years back, I still used to try them but my family, specially our boy dislikes any sticky stuffs on cakes. If I pour any sauce over a bake, they find it messy in their snack boxes. However, they enjoy the cream cakes I get from the local bakeries. This means I am not good at cake toppings, so the lazy me bakes frill free, all bare, plain cakes. All of us in the family; here and there dislike fondant cakes. They seem too sweet to our taste bud. For quite sometime, I am planning to redo the cakes from my old blog shares and click them; replace the old with new photographs. 

Gulabjamun Cheese Cake is not something I will do or can do enough justice to it. But I wanted a pantua in a bake. I remember, I had invited two friends that day over some tea / coffee; I found it a good idea to pack for their respective families one each of this VEGETARIAN CAKE with golapjam / gulabjamun in them. My friends were indeed happy with the taste of me made NUTMEG CINNAMON FLAVOURED AKHROT GOLAPJAM CAKE. You can make out from the pictures I did not have the time to do decent clicks of the BAKES; I had to cook other stuffs for my friends. 

The major portion of one cake kept at home went into my stomach and hence my blood sugar level went high. The men were absent at that time and Cristine is very particular about her diet. I have to soon recreate this NUTMEG CINNAMON FLAVOURED AKHOROT GOLAPJAM CAKE for the gulabjamun loving man; also for the roshogolla loving son when he comes home next summer. I so pray to God to normalise the world situation; that there is food on every plate; that all the students can get back to their normal study pattern soon.

By the way, we do not let life take us to extreme level of boredom. We watch television, we chat, I go for a walk on a Sunday noon; more to get some shop bought food for the senior. Yesterday, it was a KFC wrap meal, I was happy with the Saturday's jeera rice with the paneer tikka coming from a neighbourhood home, prepared by a brother like and a  wrap from 7/11.








INGREDIENTS : [THE MEASUREMENT IS FOR 1 CAKE]

REFINED FLOUR : 1 COFFEE MUG
GULAB JAMUN / GOLAPJAM / PANTUA : 6-7, EACH CUT INTO 4 PIECES
BAKING SODA : 1/2 TSP
BAKING POWDER : 1 TSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
EVAPORATED CREAMER : 150 ML
ALL PURPOSE CREAM : 100 ML
THE SYRUP OF THE SWEET : 1 MEDIUM SIZED TEA CUP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TSP
NUTMEG POWDER : 1/2 TSP
WALNUT : 1 TBSP [CHOPPED]
OIL : 100 ML [SOY OR CANOLA OR SUNFLOWER]

PROCEDURE :

Be noted, I gave you the measurement for one cake only; whilst I prepared three similar on that day and clicked all three of them.

Separate the syrup from the sweets! Cut the golapjam sweets each into four pieces.


We are using very few other ingredients.


We will take the refined flour, baking powder & soda in a bowl.


The rest of the ingredients except the gulabjam sweet pieces, cinnamon & nutmeg powders are to be taken in a blender and blend for a minute or two.


Let us add the liquid to the flour mix and beat with a spoon or beater, I did manually. Add the nutmeg & cinnamon powders, chopped walnuts, gulabjamun sweets pieces leaving one and mix thoroughly now.


Thereafter, I  preheated the convection mode oven for 10 minutes at 180*C inserting the low wired stool inside.


Meanwhile, we will pour the batter in cake tins, I used disposable aluminium ones; then we are to arrange the sweet pieces on top and press a bit.



Once preheated, we will place the cake tin filled with batter on top of the hot, wired stool. We will bake it for 30-35 minutes @ 180*C depending on our respective machines. The time required may differ a little.


We will let it cool a bit before serving. 


This cake tastes best when warm; specially if served with ice-cream. In case we are to refrigerate it; we need to take it out at least an hour and warm a bit before eating it.








3 comments :

  1. That was nice , thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake lovers come! Really looks fingerlickingly delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete