Monday 22 November 2021

DRY FRUITS STUFFED SNACKS


 
THIS IS A MEAL CUM SNACK; VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE!

I do have two existing recipes with similar ideas which I think have a tastier stuffing of potatoes. One stuffed bread is with an oats flour! The idea of both was drawn from Litti or Bati, off course; the Indian breads. I study or do so less research that I do not wish to go for an elaborate discussion on the sources of it! Today's recipe I think is nothing unique but is nearer to the earlier two! It can be kept ahead than the earlier ones given it is vegan & gluten-free! There is so much of craze for the word vegan these days which I consider funny! Gluten-free food is a necessity; I have seen closely what a gluten allergy can do to your stomach! I am really thankful to the then paediatricians of our son; who helped me handle the situation to keep the son healthier! You can well understand the mental state of a mother whose child falls sick every month! These days, I wish to prepare chapati / paratha more with gluten-free flours but I am facing failures with the rolling to expand part. This morning, I took no risk and cooked some roasted bread thats within my capacity!

WHY AM I FEELING SO SLEEPY; IS OVER EATING THE CAUSE?

It can be a possible reason; the other reason is us watching too many movies & series over the weekend. We started with one last Friday evening and ended today early morning around 2.25 am! Now it feels every bone of mine is aching & wanting to sleep! I am aging; if I allow myself now, I have to keep awake like an owl tonight! The sleep disorder adds to your weight & hair loss! Yet, watching movies and munching this & that are our greatest pleasure activities these days; neither of us enjoy unlimited chatting sitting in a crowd! T comes from a home where there had been guests all the time; surprisingly he became more like me; "shongo dosh"; I can jokingly say! I am the kind who enjoys doing a stuffed snacker after a three hours sleep at night! I am happy because no one forces or instructs me to do it! What I do in my free will is my pleasure! 


It was mango & the cashew-raisin stuffed snacker for the lunch box today! It hurts to know the son no more requires my service in his present life! I am thinking about his first homecoming; whenever it is; what would the son want me to cook for him? I cannot let myself worry to the hell; I rather concentrate on the eating part! That was my lunch today!


I so enjoy simple rice & chapati meals. That was the last bit of the self made CHALTAR ACHAR  / Elephant Apple sweet Bengali style pickle; I had to finish it. Like the daddy, I want to have a piece each day; I fear of the amount of the jaggery used in it! The man's lunch box was packed with spicy & salty pickle. 

WHAT IS THIS DRY FRUITS STUFFED SNACKS?

Why should you not question my authenticity of being a Bengali? Yesterday was not an usual Sunday, it was significant; hence I got food from outside both for the lunch & dinner! I would share those in public some other day! Know that I got home a London Dry Gin yesterday, did not know there is no tonic at home; later to have it!


This morning, I made these vegan, gluten-free cousins of Litti or Bati whatever; unless we have the shorshe ilish, shaak bhaja or the echorer dalna, dal at night for dinner; we won't be at peace! For me one meal from outside over the weekend is fine; even the man was wanting a home cooked meal at night but I said, "lets order the dinner too from outside!" Although I wanted to go for a drive and dine-in; I felt tired and it was raining! I would not allow the man to drive even if there is a drop of alcohol in his stomach! I think how the son is having his every meal from outside! Okay! According to him, he cooks "bread"! Mumma has to go to set up his kitchen with filled in jars of snacks, lentils & spices; containers with rice; plates & glasses! Everything I have in mind but we need to reach there for that! I keep aside my longing desires and cook a DRY FRUITS STUFFED SNACKS which is a bread done with gluten-free flours like ragi / finger millet, rice & corn flours! I used coriander & green chillies in the dough; cashew nuts & raisin in the stuffing! The idea of roasting them on stovetop placed on the high wired microwave grill stool is hired, forgot whose video it was.



INGREDIENTS :

FINGER MILLET / RAGI FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
RICE FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
CORN FLOUR : 2 TBSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER LEAF : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TBSP
CHOPPED CASHEW NUT : 3-4 TBSP
RAISIN : 2 TBSP
SALT : 1 TSP
OIL TO BRUSH [USE BUTTER OR GHEE IF A VEGAN VERSION IS NOT A NECESSITY]

PROCEDURE :


We will take the three flours and the salt in a bowl and mix well.


We will chop the fresh coriander & green chillies; wash well & drain!




We will add them to the flour mixture & mix well!

We will prepare the dough adding some warm water slowly to it!




We will chop the cashew nuts & add the washed raisins to it!


We will tear off smaller portions from the dough, flatten between our palms; place 1 tsp of the dry fruit mixture in the middle. Close and form a ball or roll shaped!



We will place the high, wired stool atop the gas burner and grease it with oil! 


We will switch on the gas burner and let the griller get hot!


We would place the gluten-free, vegan breads atop it and cook at medium to high heat for 12-13 minutes or until brown!



They require to be browner  than the above! Once done, brush with olive oil or butter & ghee before serving with your choice of condiments, egg plant dips! 

They taste the best when eaten fresh & hot! If we are reheating them; it should not be more than 30 seconds; else they harden!




1 comment :

  1. Very interesting recipe! We use flour alot but i dont know how we decrease the flour. Gluten free pastries are very popular here but they are very expensive. This recipe is really reasonable. I havent used both rice and corn flours before. This snack looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete