Monday 7 March 2022

EASY OVEN COOKED PANEER



WHAT ELSE BUT THIS DULL BRAIN THINKS FOOD; THEN COOKS IT UP!

Doing that I had my lunch post 4 pm today, now its 5:40 pm! When do I finish this post I do not know. But, I enjoy this journey; from the start of a post to it's end. How beautiful it is to have a place of your own to pen down your thoughts! I do not know how to operate a computer, but I used to write a diary, did not pursue it for long or did I? I cannot remember most of the things these days or may be I always have a selective memory; so says a family member. They do not have good things to say about me, I did not hear in over two decades of my stay in this family! What good can I expect from the outsiders? People would always take advantage of a weakling, they know there is nothing as enjoyable as tearing apart someone who does not have a voice to protest! Hence, I enjoy being with the person who breathes & lives within! The entire morning what I did I do not know but I went out for a walk around 12:30 pm! I should pat my back for not allowing the self to sit at any of the food courts, this island has one at every 200 metres. Whats the point? Back home, I had such a big plate!



How I love a butter sugar roti roll, dudh malai & sugar or ghee & sugar atop a toasted bread since my childhood. My toddler's first lunch box used to have luchi jam rolls, ruti butter rolls, idli & sauce! I am his mumma, no one else can be! His mumma is short, fat, dark, decent enough with glasses!

THE CLOUDY WEATHER EFFECTS MY MOOD!

I am in general a gloomy, grumpy soul! This rain adds more of gloom to that! If now its a bit clear, the next moment it starts raining. 


Yet, I enjoy staying in this island. No one bothers, the maximum do not know me! No one have time here to stand in groups & discuss people! I have no tension here what to wear, how to look! I can get lost within me and think whatever I wish to, not what the reality is. This is my most important exercise! In the course, if I have accused you, and you there and them of mentally torturing me, its all in my thought and I believe in it the most! The day I would say enough, it is enough and I cannot handle it any more! I want some respite from the torture I feel & peace of mind! This is an escapist mentality and I am that! Many of you are that but you are clever enough not to admit or remove your masks. The best I can do is get some good food ideas to you. I am never tired of serving good food on your plate! Rest, leave it; you cannot match my expectations; I am demanding, way too much! I am economically dependent is the greatest regret of my life today, because I hate being someone else's shadow. Every individual deserves dignity! You, You and You there; if you can come to me handsfree; come, I hate crowd; else be with those you consider your own. If you could not give me enough; I would never approve of your relationship with others! I am not a giving heart, I would prefer to distance in that case and you need not bother! Who am I? Just another human lost in the crowd! Beautiful People, do not try to explore my complicated mind, or it may be as clear as the deep sea water! Do not fool this blunt head please; let us discuss food instead! My first ever mini waffles last night were healthy, salty, spicy; I wish to blog about it! 



Even before that, I had oats-narkol makha with a bit of brown sugar! I am falling for it; but I need to read the amount of calorie deficit it gets! Let us get to the recipe of today! I get sad every other moment, its my blog that has given me, that gives me immense support in such times. The Filipino too takes good care of the home; when I wish to sit alone, unwilling to move! Why is she not back from the Mustafa Centre as yet? 

WHAT IS THIS EASY OVEN COOKED PANEER?

You know since when I respect paneer? I respect the power of paneer because it got some sunshine on Thursdays back then! My family then would have full vegetarian Thursdays sans the garlic, onion, mushurir dal, the most loved among the dal varieties! The ordeal went through for many years! Today, I would love to have a bhaja moong er dal, shak, bora bhaja, echor er dalna or lau ghonto at least four days a week without joining the saffron brigade! Only that Cristine & her Sir cannot have vegetarian food continuously, neither I wish to serve them eggs too much, I fear to! Today, I have a good snack, starter, appetiser to serve you! It is vegetarian & done with paneer cheese! EASY OVEN COOKED PANEER is marinated in a wonderful mix of vegetarian ingredients and lightly cooked in the microwave + grill mode! You would enjoy the way I do; with salads, nuts, mojito or your choice of drinks. For my brother to get home bound with regards to food; the mother has to get some freedom to others in the kitchen; Bidisha too has to be a bit organised in there! Then, she teaches mathematics in the higher classes, I may not be able to teach addition, subtraction in the primary school! What else?

With trust, I got you wrapped in my heart;
Mistrust, you got me to learn;
I stood in silence; the thrust so unexpected!
I take hold of the self, pick up the broken pieces;
I retreat and ask you to go & duck yourself behind that pallu!
Do I send you some more saris? 
Or do I buy myself a couple of?
For you striped me in public; 
I feel bare & naked, surprised and appalled;
Standing in a pool of mistrust & betrayal!
I dislike that circle, you & your confidants; 
You made fun of my foolish self! 
You did not give me enough, I cannot love your circle either!
And that my definition of relationship & your's; are different!
Stay off! Because I dislike people who belittle me; also those too interfering!
My cure can be a Guava Plant, as young;
That grew into a tree & within a year!






INGREDIENTS :

PANEER CHEESE / SOUTH ASIAN COTTAGE CHEESE : 250-300 GM
REFINED FLOUR : 1 TSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 50 ML
ALL PURPOSE SEASONING : 1/4 TSP [HAS SALT]
ITALIAN HERB MIX : 1/2 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
LEMON JUICE : 2 TSP
OLIVE OIL : 2 TBSP [I USED A CANOLA+SUNFLOWER BLEND]

PROCEDURE :


Marinate the paneer with the oil & lemon juice for 10-12 minutes! 


Mix together the yogurt, crushed black pepper, Italian herb mix, refined flour, all purpose seasoning and beat well!

Marinate the paneer pieces well with it!






After an hour or even two, pour it on an oven proof metal plate! Place it on the metal low wired stool, close the oven door and cook at microwave+grill combo mode for 6 minutes at 300*C!



Once done, transfer them to a serving bowl & serve with salad, fruits, dry fruits, your choice of drinks!






 

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful snack! This snack really goes well with our tea-breaks.

    ReplyDelete