Thursday 10 March 2022

MIXED SAUCE NOODLES


 

NOODLE SHOULD HAPPEN MORE AT THIS HOME!

I mean, I cooked a fish variety last weekend not of my choice, also the mutton got salty! I am in an irritative state for various other reasons! I liked the lau ghonto sans the fish head! These days, I cannot take the smell of hilsa head & bigger Rui or Katla head! I can only have them fresh; fried, very crisp! The Rui Mach was so fresh and the family is eating it well. Because I did not like it while cooking, I did not touch the curry! In such a scenario, I enjoy a noodle bowl, sabu dana khichuri, chirer polao, also oats-dal khichuri, dal-begun bhaja & an egg fry, even pasta with freshly cut fruits & what I had today for lunch; dal er bora, dal, lau ghonto sans the fish head pieces! T is at home today, on asking told he has some work with the bank to settle. We do not like bothering each other! Moreover, I got too busy cooking for a client! The menu was full vegetarian and well selected! 


I started to cook around 9:30 am & finished around 4:45 pm with immense help from the Filipino who went for the delivery now. I would share the experience on Saturday! I am pretty tired & sat with an Earl Grey cuppa & two ginger biscuits!


After a sip or two, I get bank work is not the only reason for the leave, its election result in India. I not only guess but believe; not physics, not ship safety & security; T was meant to study psephology and do something similar to what  Pronoy Roy & his team do! He not only watches but keep analysing the electoral result with people having similar interest! I belong to an world far from economics, finance, election, science; maths; academics as such! I admit my shortcomings openly, does it mean people can constantly belittle me, insult me years after years, taking advantage of my nature, my soft corner for them? Neither T, nor me trail each other at home, in the road, in social media! We have our own lives; so had our parents. Our father had friends, club, morning walks; for long I did not know a husband's job is only to serve his wife & vice-versa! What are some trying to prove & exhibit? That they are friends with every other person and that they would ignore me everywhere, in front of everyone just to prove how loyal they are to their own? At the cost of my self-respect? They should go to behavioural school, degrees are not good enough! I often do ask T to set his behaviour right! Those people might have good understanding with their partner when they target a soft, weak, spot! I know only one way to resurrect, rejuvenate the self! On her way back, Cristine got her & this self; fruit pie!


Mumma's boy dislikes few things mumma is in love with; fruit pies, bean curries! Ghugni, rajma are not his things! I do not know why I crave for Rajma & rice often!

I AM OPEN TO DIFFERENCES OF OPINION, DIFFERENCES IN FOOD CHOICE!

What I dislike is misdemeanour! In my case; people have every right to speak free to me; that your this, that, those things need correction, that I need to work on them. That people are using human shield against me, triggering against me in a group; is a hurt I cannot overcome in this lifetime! I would not hurl similar abuses but never can get over it! I have not learnt to ignore & bypass an issue that is detrimental to my peace! Time and again, I ask the son too to behave well with every other person, also ask my brother the same! Our mother did not demand from us this feature in particular, but I keep telling T, Bhai, Beta; how important it is! See, I keep adjusting to their needs, cook what we can eat together as a family! Rest, we are different individuals wanting good amount of space for us! The son is an extreme case, he was not born to listen! I was also not born to feed anyone's ego, except for mine! I would not betray you on the dining table! Let me serve you all in turns!

I WISHED TO SERVE A NOODLE BOWL ON MY READERS' BOWLS! WHAT IS THIS MIXED SAUCE NOODLES?

It is nothing special. Just that I mixed together a little from all the sauces I have in the refrigerator! You should thank the Almighty, I did not add sriracha mayo in the mixture! I am feeling tired, hence planned to share an easy recipe. Also, after all the luchi-torkari, spicy chicken & fulkopi, polao; the beautiful people in this island do have the right to enjoy a noodle bowl sitting beside me! No, I do not have a happening face, nor great as a company; was just thinking if I sell this particular vegan noodle bowl MIXED SAUCE NOODLES in Kolkata, it would be a hit! It has a little tangy sauce mix, the goodness of broccoli and a star called aloo / potato! The problem is the East & South East Asians would not allow potato in their noodles & Kolkata would ask for dollops of sauces atop their noodles! I totally dislike overbearing sauces in noodles; prefer to eat them frill free, preparing it my way! 



INGREDIENTS : 

NOODLE : 3-4 SMALLER PACKET, I TOOK TWO
BROCCOLI FLORET : 7-8
POTATO : 1 CUT LENGTH WISE
CUBED POTATO : 1/2 MEDIUM TEA CUP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TBSP
CHOPPED GARLIC : 1 TSP
CHOPPED GINGER : 1/2 TSP
DARK SOY SAUCE : 2 TSP
VINEGAR : 1 TSP
CHILLI SAUCE : 2 TSP
THAI SWEET CHILLI SAUCE : 1 TBSP
SESAME OIL : 1 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


The first thing to do is to soak the noodles in too hot water that has salt & few drops of oil added to it! 

Soak the noodles not more than 3-4 minutes!

Strain off and mix well with 2-3 drops of oil!


Mix together all of the sauces & add the washed chopped green chillies to it; mix well!

 
Mince the ginger, garlic; cube the onion! Wash & keep them separately!
 

The washed & cut broccoli & potato are to be marinated with a bit of salt!


The oil needs to be heated taken in a pan or a wok and the minced garlic & ginger be added!

After a minute of stirring, we are to add the potato pieces and cook at minimal heat for few minutes!


Once the potatoes are about 65% done, we would add the broccoli and onion cubes; cook at low heat for 2-3 minutes!

We are to add the sauce mix, crushed black pepper & a little of salt at this time and fold in well! The heat should be medium!


We would increase the heat, add the noodles & sesame oil; quickly mix together the entire thing preferably using two ladles!


We must eat it fresh & hot for the best taste!




1 comment :

  1. Looks very light and healthy! It sounds good for the lunch. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete