Monday 6 June 2022

MINT CORIANDER CHUTNEY


 

AN UNHURRIED SELF, IF NOT RELAXED!

It's a Monday already without any food order in hand. This means more of room inside the head for random thoughts! I do not invite them trust me, they just consider my head a safe haven! At this juncture in life, I cannot change my nature; make a lot of friends, freak out often with them or talk over phone for hours with people. I am like our mother; she is staying alone in our flat at this time without any complain. Rizia Mashi comes every morning to help her. Today, she went to the Ramakrishna Mission Jogodyan, the one at Kankurgachi! We are happy this way! Anyway, what I did since the morning is I clicked few pictures after a little of cooking; I am yet to update the pictures of two existing blogposts! I felt let me do it tomorrow! However, I was in a hurry to taste the Nelekata, I cooked this morning using up the left over coconut-jaggery mixture I had in the refrigerator!


I just need to dress up, go out for a walk or for the nails to be done or at least deck up to get myself clicked! But when I am off & unwilling, nothing can make me do! T & the Son do not take me seriously, do not think they need to talk to me or listen enough & give company! May be boys are that way! Neither I tend to bother people or can express myself to them! What to explain? If I do I would not be called a sane person! I dislike bothering the aged mother & the brother had always been too happy-go-lucky to even understand the underlying melancholy didibhai goes through! All three of the men would snub it saying unengaged minds think rubbish! I know what mental sickness is, and things do not work in the right order in those minds! If, taking all the incidents happening around in my head is a luxury for me; for some it is really sickening that lead them to the verge of collapse & destruction! Society has to be kind enough for it's own safety!

A PLATEFUL OF WAFFLE WITH ICE-CREAM & A PATIENT EAR TO LISTEN; THAT WAS YESTERDAY EVENING!

Yes, I had that coveted caramel waffle with ice-cream with a daughter like and she allows me to express my inner thoughts without judging! Last evening we met, I enjoy her company & avoid meeting frequently because of the age gap! My weird self & thoughts may be taxing on a young mind that is promising; one who lives in the world of reasoning & science! How can I make people indulge in the world of fantasy & imagination I live in? I am thankful that she had let me talk on a matter doing the round & did not negate my thoughts & opinions, that does not match with 95% of the others! That does not land me in a lighter self because I was not born to relax, in spite of the fact that it is a parasitical self with no abuses hurled for been so! I would get you the waffle pictures in a separate public post. Back home, I had some brown rice-quinoa with lentils & pointed gourd-onion fry; not because I was hungry but the mouth felt too sweet! The man did I serve corn meal-refined flour paratha!



Our lunch yesterday was jeera rice & chicken, I wished for a light textured kidney bean curry too! I am extremely fond of the Mexican style black bean curry kind of! Although a food blogger, I am not well equipped with proper knowledge of the food world!


Last Saturday, my dinner was that salad & egg devil, whilst the man & Cristine had tandoori pomfret, egg devil & cheese bread! We are just not having elaborate meals!



Today again, I did not wish to go out, went for a swim down & ate that unhealthy lunch; Korean Kimchi flavoured cup noodles. I do not fancy or endorse cup noodles; they come for Cristine who loves! I had to have some "chirey with Himsagar aam" I sourced from the Rajdhani stores!


My dinner would be cauliflower-prawn curry, lentil curry, salad sans any carb! I am in a hurry to finish this post and then what? At this time, my thought revolves round a decaying family whose victim became a young soul destroyed untimely! As I say, this is not a sane self unwilling to open up & become a laughing stock to the others in the society!

WHAT IS THIS MINT CORIANDER CHUTNEY?

I think I am the 1000th person to blog about this vegetarian sauce / chutney recipe so popular in India or may be in some countries of the sub-continent! I grow fresh mint & coriander I must buy every weekend; more when I am to prepare this sauce & reserve in a bottle. Coriander Leaves is my most loved herb & I extremely love the "dhonepata bata" my mother had been preparing for decades. I can have a plateful of rice with it or with two chapatis! Later, I have learnt the way other Indians do it. Mine though have garlic in it. I do not like a store bought dates-tamarind chutney or the green chutney, I enjoy doing them at home! These pictures were taken in 2020 & I must do them sooner again!


MINT CORIANDER CHUTNEY is a no-cook, vegan, gluten-free condiment which I feel you should have in your refrigerator! 



INGREDIENTS :

FRESH MINT LEAF : 1 COFFEE MUG
FRESH CORIANDER LEAF : 2 COFFEE MUG
GREEN CHILLI : 2
GARLIC CLOVE : 2
VINEGAR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
BLACK SALT : 1/2 TSP
SALT : A PINCH OR TWO
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
GINGER EXTRACT : 2 TSP

PROCEDURE :


The first thing to do is to discard the root end of the two herbs & wash them thoroughly! We need to wash the garlic cloves & green chillies.


At first, we are to blend together the coriander leaves, garlic cloves, crushed black peppercorns & the salt taken together!


Once blended, we are to add the mint leaves, green chillies, black salt, vinegar & the ginger extract to it & blend to a fine paste again!



Once done, we would keep it out for an hour, blending generates heat. Thereafter, we would use a funnel to pour the paste in clean bottles; glass is good but these days I prefer plastic sauce bottles. Refrigerate & use within a month or two. We are using vinegar only as preservative!




1 comment :

  1. Very different and unique recipe! It is so new for us. It sounds good. By the way in Turkey (Türkiye) we always eat icecream with Turkish baklava. I would love to try waffle and icecream combination in one day.

    ReplyDelete