Thursday 2 June 2022

SHIMLA MIRCH PAROTTA PIZZA



WE ENJOY ROTI PRATA!

They are been regular in the family, the reason I feel sad thinking the son might be unable to have them often. How much I urge not to keep to himself & share the details with us, he would not listen! Cooking continues in this home but has lessened drastically. Who would eat? Cristine is dieting heavily, her sir never did love eating after his teens. Not that the son ate a lot but he would prefer variety in his food!You feel bad when your child is far off & you are unable to serve him. When he was a littler, I looked for some spare time, wished that he sleeps sometime more. But these days it feels so empty and a feeling that I could be a better mother. For sometime, I know there can be cases of worst mothers whose negligence can push the child towards ultimate destruction! Lovelessness has serious  effects on kids. I think I am poking my nose too much into something, doing research & worrying too much about something that cannot be mended. In between, the time I shop & cook for my clients or roll a roti-prata for T is the quality time I spend! I have a feeling, I have the ability to mend the youth who went into the wrong direction, I wish to bring them back in track! But how this mumma would execute her wishes?

EAT LOVE PRAY & REPEAT!

If someone has said this, has said it right! Even our mother got philosophical after the sudden demise of singer KK. She is at this time in our flat, her daughter-in-law is having summer holidays; I told her to go & stay there; let my brother & his wife manage the home! My home gets some love if she stays there, else most of the time its locked! She was telling me this morning not to dictate her much, she would do fine in the empty home; if anything has to happen, would happen! She keeps note of all  the news! A couple of the singer's songs were dear to me, they energised me on my walks & I would keep listening to them! His death says we must live for the moment, for we do not know what is next! I am each day going after T, urging him to take me to the son's country of stay presently, mumma wants to get a little pokey nose and set his kitchen a bit! His habit of having instant made macaroni & noodles is worrying me a way bit. My cousin sister was saying he is quite settled she felt! If someone has said all the incidents back to back are quite upsetting, I agree. In fact, they are taking a toll on my mind & body!

WHAT IS SHIMLA MIRCH PAROTTA PIZZA?

Shimla Mirch is bell peppers! Parotta is layered flatbread, as called in Kerala, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra; says Google. We Bengalis call porota what is made with way less oil! In this island, this type of flatbread is sold fresh everywhere & also do we get frozen packets of various companies. Recently, I am getting that of Pran's, it seems to me made of less oil. Be it a roll or a pizza, I do not cook the paratha from the scratch, but use the store bought ones that works well. SHIMLA MIRCH PAROTTA PIZZA is a home style vegetarian pizza whose base is a flatbread! It is extremely easy to do & yum to eat. We did like it, moreover I did it on stovetop!





INGREDIENTS :

READYMADE FROZEN FLATBREAD : 5-6 OR AS YOU REQUIRE
SLICED BELL PEPPER : A BOWLFUL OF ALL THREE COLOURS
THICK SLICED ONIONS : A MEDIUM TEA CUP FULL
SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE : 250-300 GM MAKES 3-4 
PIZZA SAUCE : 1 COFFEE MUG [I USED TOMATO KETCHUP]
CHILLI FLAKES : 1 TSP
ITALIAN HERB MIX : 1 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 1 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


Cristine dressed the vegetables for me, washed them. I marinated them with salt & pepper for 10-12 minutes!


Here are the flat bread & shredded cheese brands I used!


We would not fully cook the flatbreads because they would be cooked again later! We absolutely do not require oil to cook them, just that the griddle must be nicely hot!



We would heat 1tbsp oil in a wok & stir fry the vegetables at medium heat for 3-4 minutes; their crunch be there & the onions may turn only pink & little soft!We would store them in a bowl.



In a bowl, I mixed together tomato ketchup, chilli flakes & the Italian herb mix. You can use pizza sauce!

We would spread the sauce over each flatbread!



We would top it with good amount of the partially cooked vegetables!

Thereafter, we are to top it with the shredded cheese. I cannot digest cheese well, so a bit miser about it!



We would brush oil in a pan and place one flatbread on it & cover with a lid.

Each one we cooked at minimal heat for 6-8 minutes.




We need to serve & have it while it's fresh & hot! I think one each is enough for a meal!







 

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful pizza option! Dear friend, your presentation photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete